Paulding.com

Christnas Eve Dinner?

A total change in our tradition.

SIL was sworn in as a US citizen Friday morning. Based on time contsraints, and Mexican tradition, his family came up for the event, and the holidays.

We had a party last night to celebrate the ceremony, and are having out Christmas Dinner tonight, a la Mexican tradition.

Standing Rib Roast, Yorkshire pudding, fresh baked bread, garden salad, twice baked potatoes, mushrooms in red wine/beef stock reduction, blanched brocolli and Black Bottom Pies for desert.

Cava and Cote du Rhone with dinner and dessert.

What y'all having ?

Bon Apetite'

• Like 1

SIL was sworn in as a US citizen Friday morning. Based on time contsraints, and Mexican tradition, his family came up for the event, and the holidays.

We had a party last night to celebrate the ceremony, and are having out Christmas Dinner tonight, a la Mexican tradition.

Standing Rib Roast, Yorkshire pudding, fresh baked bread, garden salad, twice baked potatoes, mushrooms in red wine/beef stock reduction, blanched brocolli and Black Bottom Pies for desert.

What y'all having ?

Bon appétit <----- fixed it for you ;)

Congratulations to your son-in-law on his naturalization - I've always heard that it's a very moving ceremony. *If* he lives in Georgia, he should go to a driver's license office with his naturalization certificate and have his status changed in the DMVS computer system.

Edited by Riograce

Veggie tray

Meat tray

cheese tray

fruit tray

deviled eggs

Pickle tray

Meat balls

pigs in blanket

Spinach and cream cheese puff pastries

pigs in blanket

Turkey and dressing

Home made Baklava

Home made apple strudel

This is the first year having Christmas Eve Dinner with my in laws and we had Spaghetti and Shrimp Cocktail. It was DELICIOUS!!!!! Doesn't hurt it is on Tybee Island.

• Like 1

What y'all having ?

Bon Apetite'

K, are you SURE you are not a Yankee? I mean really SURE? :unsure:

That was also our holiday dinner when I was growing up.

Now, hubby and I do BIG snacks through out the day.

Having steaks,the grill is fired up. A great salad and baked potato. These steaks came from west metro thyese steaks are beautiful,some ribeye and porter house. The people at west metro are great. I also got the shrimp cocktail going and My honey is making apple cobler.

This is great,life is good and it is a great Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good nite.:clapping: :yahoo:

That's our Christmas Day dinner. Tonight we went to Pasta Bella with family and friends!

We start serving breakfast around 12 today. Country ham, homemade sausage, biscuits, gravy and eggs. Then around 5 we start serving dinner for the kids and grandkids that includes two pork butts that have been on the Egg since 3 PM yesterday.

All we do is cook on Christmas Day.

My parents always lay out an amazing spread - and this year was no different.

Beef brisket - smoked to perfection with home made bbq sauce

country ham - soaked in Dr Pepper for three days then slow baked

steam shrimp with old bay seasoning

cheese tray - which always includes smoked gouda

Then all of the families that join us bring something

Apple salad

cole slaw (from the garden that morning)

regular salad

My parents always lay out an amazing spread - and this year was no different.

Beef brisket - smoked to perfection with home made bbq sauce

country ham - soaked in Dr Pepper for three days then slow baked

steam shrimp with old bay seasoning

cheese tray - which always includes smoked gouda

Then all of the families that join us bring something

Apple salad

cole slaw (from the garden that morning)

regular salad

Ok tell me about thye country ham soaked in Dr.Pepper,what flavor does it give? or what does it do for the ham?

4th Generation North Georgian. But my mama was a Yankee from upstate New York. She didn't cook all that much.

We used to do the turkeys for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, but you need 12 diners or so for a big Standing Rib, and we learned to appreciate good Yorkshire Pudding in England so we've been doing the roast for Christmas dinner the past 10 years or so.

Christmas Eve - filet mignon, scalloped potatoes, asparagus with hollandaise sauce with dessert, dessert, dessert, and dessert.

Christmas Day - standing rib roast with a pepper / garlic crust, roasted red potatoes stuffed with a cream cheese / chive filling, broccoli salad, and tomato pie (Paula Deen recipe) and dessert, dessert, dessert and hot apple cider.

I am done - no more cooking until.....tomorrow. :) We had a great Christmas with family and friends and I hope everyone else did also. I will admit that I am tired of the kitchen about right now. Merry Christmas everyone!

We had prime rib, asian slaw, seven layerd salad, bake potatoes, cauliflower casserole. Hummingbird cake, cheesecake, georgieprogie pie, sugar cookies. Appitizers were cream cheese with jelly over it and crackers, relish tray, spinach dip and chips. Yum Yum Yum.

Christmas Day- Sausage balls, pigs-n-blanket, spinach dip, velvet cheese dip, chips, prime rib sandwiches. Cakes, pies.

Edited by luvtennis5

My wife made this yesterday. Best beef stew I ever tasted.

Beef Bourguignon Stew

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 3 hours

Ingredients:

2 pounds of beef chuck, cut into 1 1/2 inch medallions

1 bottle of full-bodied yet fruity red wine such as Bourgogne or Pinot Noir

1 bunch of carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch rounds

1 white onion, minced

1 1/2 cups of white mushrooms, sliced

2 tablespoons of tomato paste

1/4 cup of cognac

2 tablespoons of flour

2 tablespoons of butter

1 Bay Leaf

salt and pepper to taste

Christmas Eve we did the Feast of the Seven Fishes. We had Cream of Crab Soup, Italian Salt Fish, Trinidadian Salt Fish and bake, Fried Whiting,Crab legs, steamed shrimp, crab cakes It was oooh so good. We ate took a nap and got up to go to the 11pm service for church.

Christmas Eve we did the Feast of the Seven Fishes. We had Cream of Crab Soup, Italian Salt Fish, Trinidadian Salt Fish and bake, Fried Whiting,Crab legs, steamed shrimp, crab cakes It was oooh so good. We ate took a nap and got up to go to the 11pm service for church.

This sounds soooo good!:yahoo:

My wife made this yesterday. Best beef stew I ever tasted.

Beef Bourguignon Stew

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 3 hours

Ingredients:

2 pounds of beef chuck, cut into 1 1/2 inch medallions

1 bottle of full-bodied yet fruity red wine such as Bourgogne or Pinot Noir

1 bunch of carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch rounds

1 white onion, minced

1 1/2 cups of white mushrooms, sliced

2 tablespoons of tomato paste

1/4 cup of cognac

2 tablespoons of flour

2 tablespoons of butter

1 Bay Leaf

salt and pepper to taste

Thanks for the recipe,this sounds real good!