Paulding.com

Very weird delivery......

My mom got a phone call from a number we have traced to a verizon cell. The man said he had a floral delivery for her. The odd thing is it was nearly 10:00PM, we've never heard of the florist, can't find the florist ANYWHERE online, the number is based out of Lilburn, there is no florist address or name on the card and my mom knows no one with the name signed on the card. Other than stay up all night with her snub nose .38 (to which she is) and my DH staying over, what should she do? Or should she do nothing? I'm a little uneasy about the whole thing :unsure:

My mom got a phone call from a number we have traced to a verizon cell. The man said he had a floral delivery for her. The odd thing is it was nearly 10:00PM, we've never heard of the florist, can't find the florist ANYWHERE online, the number is based out of Lilburn, there is no florist address or name on the card and my mom knows no one with the name signed on the card. Other than stay up all night with her snub nose .38 (to which she is) and my DH staying over, what should she do? Or should she do nothing? I'm a little uneasy about the whole thing :unsure:

My thought would be to have her leave her house and go to yours.

• Like 2

Go with your gut. If you felt wrong about it, it is wrong.

ALWAYS go with your gut. Better to feel silly later, then to regret not running with your instinct.

She usually does but so many things have been happening here lately she feels like a bother and paranoid old woman.

What time did the delivery person call? What time did the delivery person knock on your door? What kind of vehicle did the person drive? I'm curious as to know the name od the florist, too. :pardon:

called at 9:40, delivered at 9:50, I'm not sure of the van make or color....the driver said he was the owner of the florist, he called it Touch of Imagination.

Definately call the cops!!! I had someone show up to my door one day and knock and knock and knock -- he sat in the driveway for 20 min. until the cops showed up! Yes I called -- Guess what -- he was there to pick up some freecycle stuff I had promised someone -- but the lady told me SHE was going to come by! So I got scared when he showed up! LOL

The cop was really nice and said to PLEASE call anytime we felt uneasy about something! SO CALL!!!!!!!!!

yes but from a florist that we can not locate online, the white or yellow pages, facebook nor 411. It's like they don't exist. Plus, she doesn't know anyone personally with the name of the person who sent them.

What kind of flowers did she receive? What did the card look like? Did you google the name of the person on the card?

Why not call the cops and ask their opinion?

Why not call the cops and ask their opinion?

Ask their opinion about what? She received an order of flowers, as the driver had stated in the phone. What else does one expoect them to say about a delivery already made and a driver already gone?

It doesn't surprise me that the delivery was so late. It's Christmas. It actually doesn't bother me that you can't find them on the internet - you can't find alot of small businesses or new businesses that way.

It's my guess that she received flowers for someone else. The florist either brought them to the wrong house or the sender gave the wrong address. I don't blame you for being cautious. But, given the fact that she actually received the flowers - that's awfully expensive for crooks to actually be delivering flowers. I guess they could be betting that you aren't home and may only have one bouquet in the van.

One question - did the van have the name of the florist on it? Granted -- a new business might now have the name on the truck. But, if it's there - I wouldn't worry quite as much.

It doesn't surprise me that the delivery was so late. It's Christmas. It actually doesn't bother me that you can't find them on the internet - you can't find alot of small businesses or new businesses that way.

It's my guess that she received flowers for someone else. The florist either brought them to the wrong house or the sender gave the wrong address. I don't blame you for being cautious. But, given the fact that she actually received the flowers - that's awfully expensive for crooks to actually be delivering flowers. I guess they could be betting that you aren't home and may only have one bouquet in the van.

One question - did the van have the name of the florist on it? Granted -- a new business might now have the name on the truck. But, if it's there - I wouldn't worry quite as much.

no name on the van, the card was just a rectangle piece of card stock with no business name and the arrangement was small...nice but small. She thought they might be for someone else too but he had her cell number, her full name, her address and she asked him if they were for someone else he said no. The card referenced her name in the signing as well. The card is just signed from the ___________ family. It is a very well known name around Paulding. So google would serve no purpose w/o a full name. As my DH said, I'm sure we're making a bigger "to do" over it than necessary but you can't be too careful with this many red flags.

no name on the van, the card was just a rectangle piece of card stock with no business name and the arrangement was small...nice but small. She thought they might be for someone else too but he had her cell number, her full name, her address and she asked him if they were for someone else he said no. The card referenced her name in the signing as well. The card is just signed from the ___________ family. It is a very well known name around Paulding. So google would serve no purpose w/o a full name. As my DH said, I'm sure we're making a bigger "to do" over it than necessary but you can't be too careful with this many red flags.

You would "think" that a local family would use a local company.

JMHO

You would "think" that a local family would use a local company.

JMHO

Maybe it is.

You can't go by the cell number as a location for the business. Unlike land lines, the address can be one part of the local dialing area and the number in another.

Exactly. My number will show as Atlanta.
  • Like 1

Although it is good to be vigil, here are a couple of likely scenarios:

A delivery guy is going to use his own cell phone while on the road, and it could have any name or city attached to that number. It is not very professional, but it happens. Alot of verizon phones will say griffin, ga, no matter what the home billing address is.

He could be in his own courier/delivery business contracting to deliver for a local florist, etc. The original purchaser, especially if they bought many arrangements, may have ordered online or via 800 number with credit card, etc and they are sent out (telex) to the nearest florist for manufacture and delivery.

DITTO

Although it is good to be vigil, here are a couple of likely scenarios:

A delivery guy is going to use his own cell phone while on the road, and it could have any name or city attached to that number. It is not very professional, but it happens. Alot of verizon phones will say griffin, ga, no matter what the home billing address is.

He could be in his own courier/delivery business contracting to deliver for a local florist, etc. The original purchaser, especially if they bought many arrangements, may have ordered online or via 800 number with credit card, etc and they are sent out (telex) to the nearest florist for manufacture and delivery.

The driver told her he was the owner.

....the driver said he was the owner of the florist ...

Kind of strange. I went to yahoo to search...typed in touchofimagination.com in the search box and it pulled up one that is an actual florist. BUT the address is www.touchofimagination.multiply.com Check it out. Couldn't hurt. I also think this is kind of weird. Doesn't hurt to be curious.

One thing about the name of the company "Touch of Imagination" ----- It certainly had a lot of "imagining" going on in Paulding....... Maybe your mom had done something really nice for that family in the past and they are just being kind in return. Merry Christmas.

this kind of thing happened to me one time and my credit card info had been stolen and the person was using it and sending me all kinds of stuff.

• Like 1

It is interesting- my sister who lives in FL had her wallet stolen. The thief then went on to send her ALL sorts of stuff to her home address that he "purchased for her" (purse, bra, vase, books/cds, etc!) CRAZINESS!!!! Sent her a dozen roses on HER CC to HER ADDRESS using the internet so there was no real record of where the order originated- with a card saying "Thanks for the memories, Amy"!!! She freaked. So, yes, crazy as it sounds to get a little worked up over flowers~ these days when someone has your address, phone number, name & makes those little hairs on the back of your neck stand up- pay attention!!!

It is interesting- my sister who lives in FL had her wallet stolen. The thief then went on to send her ALL sorts of stuff to her home address that he "purchased for her" (purse, bra, vase, books/cds, etc!) CRAZINESS!!!! Sent her a dozen roses on HER CC to HER ADDRESS using the internet so there was no real record of where the order originated- with a card saying "Thanks for the memories, Amy"!!! She freaked. So, yes, crazy as it sounds to get a little worked up over flowers~ these days when someone has your address, phone number, name & makes those little hairs on the back of your neck stand up- pay attention!!!

It looks more suspicious to say your card was stolen and then you are still buying merchandise to your own address when you file a police report and claims with the bank -- that's the way the fraud investigators look at it anyway.

Or, since it was a "local" crime (purse stolen), the criminal wanted to make it personal and trying to intimidate her if he/she were to get caught

this kind of thing happened to me one time and my credit card info had been stolen and the person was using it and sending me all kinds of stuff.

Oooooops, I DID NOT mean to give you a negative mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can a popo fix this??? :pardon: