Paulding.com

more examples of the fine upstanding leos that work in georgia

While these two cases are reprehensible, I'll guarantee you that this is just a drop in the bucket compared to the good that most officers do. It's really nauseating to come on here and see time after time the bad things a FEW officers do as opposed to an officer being praised for doing good. The board couldn't handle all those posts I'm betting. It's easy to call attention to wrong doing by a small majority of officers and to let the good ones, most of them, go unnoticed.

+++

Edited for name calling in the Cafe. Remember that all are entitled to their opinion. Discussion on a wide range of topics is encouraged. Don't make it personal if you don't like what someone posts.

Sgt. Carter

+++

Edited by Sgt. Carter
name calling in the Cafe

+++

Edited for name calling in the Cafe. Remember that all are entitled to their opinion. Discussion on a wide range of topics is encouraged. Don't make it personal if you don't like what someone posts.

Sgt. Carter

+++

You're my hero for the day!!!!!! :) :wub: :good: :clapping:

Edited by Sgt. Carter

+++

Edited for getting personal in the Cafe. Remember that all are entitled to their opinion. Discussion on a wide range of topics is encouraged. Don't make it personal if you don't like what someone posts.

Sgt. Carter

+++

Edited by Sgt. Carter
personal attack

+++

Edited because this is getting personal. Remember that all are entitled to their opinion. Discussion on a wide range of topics is encouraged. Don't make it personal if you don't like what someone posts.

Sgt. Carter

+++

Edited by Sgt. Carter
edited personal attack

Don't I hear some girls calling you from Macau?

don't arrive on site until after the first of the year

looking forward to it after several years in paulding

Let's calm the discussion down. This is a hot-button issue. Calm down or this will cause bullets to fly. Discuss without being a total disaster.

Sgt. Carter

i take back all the bad things i thought about you, since you moderated a personal slam against me :)

way too controversial to try and discuss here. We all have our own opinions and some cannot talk about this without blowing up, name calling and throwing everyone who agrees/disagrees into the same pile.

I have never hidden the fact that I am not the biggest fan, but I know better than to blast all police in general, especially here.

While these two cases are reprehensible, I'll guarantee you that this is just a drop in the bucket compared to the good that most officers do. It's really nauseating to come on here and see time after time the bad things a FEW officers do as opposed to an officer being praised for doing good. The board couldn't handle all those posts I'm betting. It's easy to call attention to wrong doing by a small majority of officers and to let the good ones, most of them, go unnoticed.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilence.

I don't like to see these kinds of stories anymore than most and I have many family and my best friend that are Law Enforcement. But I would rather see these stories out there, rather than these stories being covered up or silenced. That would scare me more. You hit the nail on the head, it is wrong for some to lump ALL Law Enforcement in to the same ugly sterotype, they have a tough job that requires them to make very unpopular decessions. Also throw in the guy who is on an ego trip and abusing his or her authority and it is very easy to sterotype an entire orginazation. But the good they do also, at the risk of their own lives, should and will always be cheerished and respected...

• Like 4

meh. I'm married to a leo. he's been one for 18 years, and has only made the news twice.

once for hitting a 12 point buck in his patrol car on Dallas Hwy.

once for transporting a Braves player from Fulton back to Cobb for probation violation.

both made him very unpopular with my father.

I don't give a crap how he's viewed by the general public. I just know that everyone who knows him, loves him. not for being a cop, but for the person he is.

• Like 4

meh. I'm married to a leo. he's been one for 18 years, and has only made the news twice.

once for transporting a Braves player from Fulton back to Cobb for probation violation.

I don't give a crap how he's viewed by the general public. I just know that everyone who knows him, loves him. not for being a cop, but for the person he is.

:good:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

In the first incident the cop needs his butt kicked like anyone else who drinks and drives. In the second, reporting that blood wasn't gonna bring that girl back. She was dead in the first hour or two after she went missing (not necessarily reported missing).

In the second instance the officer was never told to look for a crime scene. He was strickly looking for the missing girl. If the Canton police chief had called in the GBI and FBI on the night she went missing they would have known to be looking for both. The officer was doing what he was told to do, which is what the sheriff has said also.

In the second instance the officer was never told to look for a crime scene. He was strickly looking for the missing girl. If the Canton police chief had called in the GBI and FBI on the night she went missing they would have known to be looking for both. The officer was doing what he was told to do, which is what the sheriff has said also.

Thank you for saying what I was trying to.

gee there is a missing girl, and you as a leo notice fresh blood, but don't report it. does that make the leo a idiot, or lazy? after all he was only doing what he was told to do , and apparently incapable of an independent thought. he should be fired for being grossly incompetent

Yes certainly 1 example of a jerk who should never serve and protect us again and 1) example of an officer who made a terrible mistake. Concerning the second officer, how many of us can relate to making the same type mistake by looking at something and it not registering in our mind?

On police officers in general. The many I know are professionals who's desire in life is to serve. Before I read the original posting I had the unexpected opportunity to be in the Dallas Wal-Mart yesterday morning when the local police officers were helping kids shop for Christmas. I am guessing 100 officers? There was no way to tell for sure how many were there but every turn I made I could see at least 3 officers with children. Every officer had a smile on their face.

If in trouble I would welcome any Law Enforcement Officer I know respond to assist me. I also know 2) US Marshalls, several GSP, City of Atlanta, Clayton County, City of Kennesaw, Cobb County and City of Dallas Officers. Everyone I know is an exceptional professional who serves us well.