Paulding.com

Update: Barricaded man shoots himself - transported to hospital

Man barricaded in shooting in NE Paulding shoots himself

The armed standoff on Graves Road Spur is over and the man, as yet unidentified, shot himself, ending the incident.

Authorities had been in an armed standoff with a man since 8 a.m after a call involving a domestic situation erupted in gunfire. The incident, is at the dead end off Graves Road on Graves Road Spur in north east Paulding, said PCSO spokesperson Deputy Ashley Henson.

SWAT and crisis negotiators entered the cabin and discovered the man alive but unconscious and have transported him to a Cobb hospital.

Deputy Henson who alerted the media to the armed standoff at about 11:00 a.m. gave the all clear on the incident in an email sent at 2:54 this afternoon.

The condition of the man and his prognosis is unknown.

What is known is there was a dispute this morning between a man and woman at the cabin on Graves Road Spur and Deputies were called. Two shots were fired but no one was injured. The man retreated to the cabin where he barricaded himself from officers and refused to give up, shooting himself instead.

Click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS

I don't know if it's just the skin I'm using (the dark gray and black) but the background and the text color on that story are virtually the same color and I had to highlight it to read it. Just an FYI

You're right. The default font color on the brown board skin is white and the background in the setup table is white. I didn't originally specify the color of the text as it is typically black on the skin I use.

Anyway, it is fixed.

Thanks for pointing that out. Hopefully, I'll remember to do that in the future.

pubby

I know the man in question and his wife personally. I spoke with the wife last evening. This story is completely false and misrepresents what truly transpired, which was not a domestic dispute. The man and wife are both ok. The man is recovering from self inflicted wounds at hospital.

Well, whatever the story, I hope he recovers well, and in the end it all works out okay for both him and his wife.

David Arnold passed away. Please remember his family. Also please remember that not everything you read and hear are the truth. Sometimes the truth is blown out of porpotion. RIP David Arnold, you deserve it!

I am very sorry to hear that he has passed away. His friends and family will be in my prayers.

I am sorry to hear that. I have dealt with David and his sweet grandmother over the last few years. I knew he was a troubled kid, but he was always very nice to me.

I am truly sorry for his grandmother--she loved that boy to the end of the earth.