Paulding.com

I know, I was waiting for someone to notice that. We walked up on it about 1:15 thinking we

would have to wait a little. It had already started! But, we got to see a plenty! My kids got

more cANdy than Halloween night!

I thought it was boring this year,and to long, spaced out way to much, but I was shocked to see PARENTS stopping the parade to take a picture of their child in it. But I will say all school kids did great with Band and JROTC!! My favorite was the Christmas Story float, but then again thats my favorite Christmas movie!!

The parade was AWESOME!!!! Great weather, great crowd, great floats, great participation and great volunteers who help put this parade together year after year. We had a HUGE crowd and our community interaction with this event is FANTASTIC!

The look of delight and awe on the faces of the children was incredible! Makes it all worthwhile...... :wub:

• Like 2

I was at least year's parade because I heard about it here but I didn't even know about the parade today! Why was it not better announced? If I didn't know about it, I'm sure others didn't know either.

It is always the first Saturday of December and was advertised in all local newspapers as well as flyers posted throughout downtown Dallas and Hiram, on the Dallas cable channel, etc. It was a GREAT parade and we hope you can join us next year - just remember the first Saturday of December!

• Like 2

It is always the first Saturday of December and was advertised in all local newspapers as well as flyers posted throughout downtown Dallas and Hiram, on the Dallas cable channel, etc. It was a GREAT parade and we hope you can join us next year - just remember the first Saturday of December!

Did we have less floats this year? it seemed like it to me. I know the economy is not the best so that could be it, plus December has a way of sneaking up on you.

I only have one criticism of the parade and it has been the same one for years.

If you are walking in it or driving in it, you or your vehicle need to be displayed in a festive manner.

These children come to be awed and dazzled, blue jeans and a gray shirt just don't cut it, nor does a pick up truck with a business logo.

Think about the kids when you decide to be in the parade, it is not about candy it is about Christmas, when we step away from the day to day to change our surroundings and our attitudes, that is indeed the message we celebrate, a better brighter world for those that believe.

• Like 1

I will mark it down for next year but I'm disappointed I didn't get to take the kiddies this year. We usually make out like a bandit on candy!

aside from the trash left on main st by lazy people who cant seem to figure out what a trash can is it was great.

I know, right. I'm always amazed at the amount of trash people just walk away from. I couldn't do it, if I had to walk a block or two, I'd find a trashcan.

I know, right. I'm always amazed at the amount of trash people just walk away from. I couldn't do it, if I had to walk a block or two, I'd find a trashcan.

Every event I go to in Paulding is like that, I am sorry I dearly love Paulding but I have never seen it anywhere else like it is here. The absolute volume of it tells you that it is cultural.

• Like 1

Did we have less floats this year? it seemed like it to me. I know the economy is not the best so that could be it, plus December has a way of sneaking up on you.

I only have one criticism of the parade and it has been the same one for years.

If you are walking in it or driving in it, you or your vehicle need to be displayed in a festive manner.

These children come to be awed and dazzled, blue jeans and a gray shirt just don't cut it, nor does a pick up truck with a business logo.

Think about the kids when you decide to be in the parade, it is not about candy it is about Christmas, when we step away from the day to day to change our surroundings and our attitudes, that is indeed the message we celebrate, a better brighter world for those that believe.

I can't remember the exact number of floats we had last year but it seemed to be pretty much in line with what we have had for the last few years.

The children in the area that we were in seemed to be having a great time and seemed to be very entertained with the parade. I walked along the parade route prior to the parade and the mood seemed to be very festive with the crowds, adults and children alike. The band playing in the gazebo / water fountain area of downtown was fantastic and certainly added to the festive surroundings.

First and foremost, I want the children of our wonderful community to have a good time at the parade. I also am very grateful that our community hosts such a great event like the parade that assists in making Christmas brighter for less fortunate children and families by donating the proceeds of this event to Paulding Christmas and Helping Hands - that makes it all worthwhile!

• Like 3

I can't remember the exact number of floats we had last year but it seemed to be pretty much in line with what we have had for the last few years.

The children in the area that we were in seemed to be having a great time and seemed to be very entertained with the parade. I walked along the parade route prior to the parade and the mood seemed to be very festive with the crowds, adults and children alike. The band playing in the gazebo / water fountain area of downtown was fantastic and certainly added to the festive surroundings.

First and foremost, I want the children of our wonderful community to have a good time at the parade. I also am very grateful that our community hosts such a great event like the parade that assists in making Christmas brighter for less fortunate children and families by donating the proceeds of this event to Paulding Christmas and Helping Hands - that makes it all worthwhile!

I love it and have always loved it, I would just like to see everyone participating dressed festively so that you can tell them from the attendees.

Every event I go to in Paulding is like that, I am sorry I dearly love Paulding but I have never seen it anywhere else like it is here. The absolute volume of it tells you that it is cultural.

Sorry, I have to disagree.

I have been attending that parade since the 70's--when I walked in it as a child. Many more years I spent taking my own kids and now grandkids. The main reason I no longer attend is the mass of people that attend, do not watch their kids and are just plain rude. We have always gone to a family members house on Hardee Street and you would be surprised at the folks that will come and just walk all over you when you are sitting in a private yard. :wacko:

And I have just noticed this trend in the last 10 yrs or so---so if it is culteral--it's the new culture!!!

• Like 1

Sorry, I have to disagree.

I have been attending that parade since the 70's--when I walked in it as a child. Many more years I spent taking my own kids and now grandkids. The main reason I no longer attend is the mass of people that attend, do not watch their kids and are just plain rude. We have always gone to a family members house on Hardee Street and you would be surprised at the folks that will come and just walk all over you when you are sitting in a private yard. :wacko:

And I have just noticed this trend in the last 10 yrs or so---so if it is culteral--it's the new culture!!!

I am specifically addressing the trash and littering, it was just as bad before the growth, the sides of the road were awful. Way back when I even saw people throwing trash out of county vehicles.

When you go from rural and the population is low you don't see the accumulation from this terrible habit.

We went and had a great time. My daughter is in the band at East so seeing them and the other bands was a treat. I loved the Whoville float and the girl scout one that had the American Girl dolls.

We had more candy thrown at us than we could have dreamed and myself and my kids passed much of itt on to an older gentleman sitting next to me and then to a little boy sitting behind us.

We also arrived around 12:15 and found a spot real close in the bank parking lot across from the Old Courthouse. Usually by that time (45 minutes before start time) the streets there are lined with cars but not this year. We were planning to walk through the Farmers Market (it seems like usually there are vendors there) but almost everyone had left by then.

Curls Pharmacy was giving out FREE hot chocolate and yummy cookies.

And the weather was beautiful!

Thanks City of Dallas!!

I am specifically addressing the trash and littering, it was just as bad before the growth, the sides of the road were awful. Way back when I even saw people throwing trash out of county vehicles.

When you go from rural and the population is low you don't see the accumulation from this terrible habit.

I guess I am a little confused because from my experience, this happens in large towns and small towns alike.

My husband and I have already had to attend a couple of holiday parties in downtown Atlanta this year and just as in years past, the stench of urine in the public parking decks at even "upscale" Atlanta venues is overwhelming. It is absolutely sickening.

I guess when you look at the "big scheme of things", I would rather see a little trash (which, by the way, the county takes care of picking up) than to smell the stench of urine, etc.

• Like 1

So I'm guessing you've never been to a big event in downtown Atlanta, New York or Chicago.

I was at least year's parade because I heard about it here but I didn't even know about the parade today! Why was it not better announced? If I didn't know about it, I'm sure others didn't know either.

Its always the 1st Sat in December. You can put it on your calendar for next year :)

You'll find some in the video posted on the fastread page. I also captured the complete performance of each of the bands and slowed the video to normal speed for the passage of the bands. Additionally, I added some still shots of the band as they played.

pubby

Had a great time today! I could not get over how many people turned out. We parked katty-corner from the Courthouse and I had to walk my son allll the way to the elementary school to meet up with the group he was walking with (we were running late). For a small town parade, I thought it was an excellent turnout. I overheard a police officer stating that this year's attendance dwarfed last year's. Great to see the community coming together like we did!

mrnn

I know what you mean!!! We didn't know about it until 2 days ago. This is the first year in about 4 yrs that we did not go. I know last year it was so dog gone cold well, year before last was even colder. I think! I know I froze my patooty off, last two yrs, maybe next year.

We had a lot of fun. Next year we are going to have a float or two. I think the boys were just enjoying being cheered as they walked by. This was our first year, and we weren't sure what to expect. We have already started thinking about next season, and year. It's going to be the best yet!!

BTW my favorite spectator was the little girl on her daddy's shoulders dressed like Rodolph.