Paulding.com

Poll for the west connector

Western toll road ... your feelings  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a western connector bypassing Atlanta and Interstate 285?

• Yes
    • No, never, absolutely no connector
    • No, the connector should go east of Atlanta instead
  2. 2. If a connector were to be planned west:

• It should go through Paulding along the GA 92 corridor
    • It should go through Paulding along the GA 61 corridor
    • It should not go through Paulding at all
    • I answered NO above on the western connector
  3. 3. The connector project has been deemed officially dead. Do you think it will be revived again?

• Yes, it will be revived because good ideas never die
    • Yes it will be revived because the corrupt politicians stand to make too much money from it.
    • Yes, it will be revived again because it is a proven tool to get the nay-voters to the polls
    • No, it is dead and ought to be buried after its 30 year life.
  4. 4. Would this project improve the economic outlook for Paulding's future?

• Yes, a lot
    • Yes, some but not a lot
    • Yes, but not very much
    • No, it wouldn't help bring business/industry to Paulding
    • No, it would ruin the beauty and economy of Paulding forevermore
    • No, it is the worst idea ever and would be an impediment to progress
  5. 5. If you support this project, which of the following best describes your occupation/employment?

• I don't support this project (skip to next question)
    • I am a self-employed local business or professional person
    • I work locally for a business
    • I work locally for the government or schools
    • I am employed outside the county either in a business I own or for another private business
    • I work outside the county for the state or other government entity (schools, police, etc.)
    • I am retired.
    • I am a Homemaker.
    • I am unemployed.
    • I am employed outside the county at a publically owned company
  6. 6. If you oppose this project, which of the following best describes your occupation/employment?

• I support this project and answered above.
    • I am a self-employed local business or professional person
    • I work locally for a business
    • I work locally for the government or schools
    • I am employed outside the county either in a business I own or for another private busines
    • I work outside the county for the state or other government entity (schools, police, etc.)
    • I am retired.
    • I am a Homemaker.
    • I am unemployed.
    • I am employed outside the county at a publically owned company

Why are you discriminating aginst those of us that are retired. Your Poll would not let me vote because there was no place for me to vote on some of the sections?

I was looking for the "Are you Democrat or Republican" question, He likes to bash Republicans every chance he gets.......Sorry for the hijack.. :pardon:

Your poll is going to be skewed, the questions prevent many from participating.

1. I don't think Paulding County is ready for another road. Not until they get the infrastructure up to par. Water and Sewage being first and foremost.

2. If a connector were to be planned West, if you place it too far out, the extra gas and time delays wouldn't result in much savings. The 61 corridor would make the most sense.

3. It won't be dead until they kill the bill. It will keep rearing it's ugly head just like the airport and courthouse. When the county officials want to build it, it won't matter what the citizens have to say. I look for it to die down until after the next election, it will show up again after that. Special called meetings and unannounced meetings are an indication they plan on moving this forward in the future. It's not dead.

4. I'm not convinced it will improve the economic outlook for Paulding's future. We heard the same thing when they widened 278 and built the airport. If the rock prevents 20 or 30 thousand sq ft buildings from being built why would anyone even consider looking in Paulding to build a large manufacturing facility.

5/6. I don't support the project but I am a self-employed local business that owns two commercial buildings in the Dallas City Limits. There are many, many commercial buildings sitting vacant and unused today, even after the airport and 4 lane. Fortunately ours are occupied for now.

Not to mention a private company will "own" this road which means there will be no end to what they can charge in tolls. The mantra that this will ease traffic congestion in Atlanta is a dream, People won't go 100 miles out of their way to pay a toll. Carroll, Spaulding and Lamar counties know this.

• Like 1

I do have some more questions..............has anyone looked at the "Private Company" that wants to own this road?? Who are the owners of that company and what is their financial condition?? What happens if the company goes belly up?? Who takes over the road??

Do the people that support this know?? :unsure:

Do we need a "West Connector"?

All you have to do is look at the truck traffic getting off I75 at the Red Top Mountain exit going down 41 to 92 to I20. If they are going west on I20 it saves them over an hour rather than going I75 to I285 to I20.

I work outside the county at a publically owned company, not a private company. That choice wasn't available.

If it is a company and it is a 'public' company ... i.e. it is listed on the stock exchange and its shares are publicly traded, then it is STILL a private company in that it is not 'public' - i.e. owned by the government.

pubby

Paulding.com does not have to contrive issues that are relevant to Paulding county to increase visits to the site, this is where they are discussed.

If you are participating in the poll or on the forum, then Paulding county is relevant to you.

If something is posted and falls back unviewed and unremarked on then clearly it is irrelevant.

Obviously this issue is relevant, feel free to google it.

Just because you don't agree with statements and opinions, not only given here but on other websites does not mean that it is irrelevant.

I can only assume that you prefer websites to be visited that agree with your point of view, might we go so far as to shut down websites that you don't agree with?

Just remember that is a 2 way street. Let freedom ring my friend! :drinks:

No connector,if you want to live near a connector move there,if you want more traffic for your website,come up with another idea.

4.gif

Agreed, it is pretty obvious isn't it?

Yep, it is obvious to me. If you don't like having neighbors, like living on dirt road and prefer wild game to wild games; please, please, move to Mississippi. I hear the mud there is still red.

pubby

Yep, it is obvious to me. If you don't like having neighbors, like living on dirt road and prefer wild game to wild games; please, please, move to Mississippi. I hear the mud there is still red.

pubby

Thats okay I prefer the mud right here on the property I PAID FOR.

On the other hand if you want more neighbors, living in a concrete jungle, and prefer to live in a crime infested hood. then please, please move to Atlanta. I hear there are shootings, stabbings, and home invasions pretty much every day tof the week there.

• Like 1

I can only assume that you prefer websites to be visited that agree with your point of view, might we go so far as to shut down websites that you don't agree with?

nope

If two people are of like mind,one of them is not needed.

But,we've had the meeting.Pretty obvious nobody wants another road.And now pubby wants to drag out the dead horse and beat on it again.

If it keeps the logging trucks off of 101 and on a parallel toll road, they will.

Have you ever driven that stretch.

And, it will promote the use of the new airport.

What about the folks whose property will be taken in order to build the proposed road, or the families that will be forced to hear all of the interstate traffic/tractor trailers every hour of the day/night?

nope

If two people are of like mind,one of them is not needed.

But,we've had the meeting.Pretty obvious nobody wants another road.And now pubby wants to drag out the dead horse and beat on it again.

Now I get what you are saying, we had a poll that was only for people that were against it, I ask Pubby to do one that was less slanted and would also give us some demographic insight to the voting that we felt would actually be more fair. If the road directly effects you,takes away your land or quality of life it is perfectly understandable how you would feel. The first poll was only for those people.

This poll gives you insight as to why people would vote yes, obviously they are not directly effected. I and Pubby think that it does matter if you work out of the county or if you have a struggling business,unemployed, or seeking a job close to home because of family issues.

As you have pointed out the poll pops up every time you vote in it, they are designed to do that, even the other Poll about the issue would if you voted in it today. We usually archive them after 30 days, it has not been 30 days.

Now I get what you are saying, we had a poll that was only for people that were against it, I ask Pubby to do one that was less slanted and would also give us some demographic insight to the voting that we felt would actually be more fair. If the road directly effects you,takes away your land or quality of life it is perfectly understandable how you would feel. The first poll was only for those people.

This poll gives you insight as to why people would vote yes, obviously they are not directly effected. I and Pubby think that it does matter if you work out of the county or if you have a struggling business,unemployed, or seeking a job close to home because of family issues.

As you have pointed out the poll pops up every time you vote in it, they are designed to do that, even the other Poll about the issue would if you voted in it today. We usually archive them after 30 days, it has not been 30 days.

CRAP|!!!!!

I did not even look at the date1.gif

Pubby-please accept my no toll road,no more neighbors,mud road loveing apology

CRAP|!!!!!

I did not even look at the date1.gif

Pubby-please accept my no toll road,no more neighbors,mud road loveing apology

That cracks me up, I definitely could not see Pubby enjoying playing in the mud :rofl:

Of course people probably can't see me doing it either, but I do. I really enjoyed the day I spent at the mudbog too!