Paulding.com

Flour Child Cakery & Bake Shop

We have been open since Saturday and are AMAZED at just how wonderful people in this county can be! we have had so many people coming in and telling us how great the bakery looks and how warm and inviting it is. And how good our products are! (Of course, lol). But what really amazes us is how things just keep happening to improve the bakery and how generous people can be. We just got the parking lot redone yesterday from a wonderful man I just happened to meet in line at the grocery store who did it for next to nothing. And that is just one example. There have been many, many other things. So, a great big THANK-YOU Paulding County for making our first week amazing (so far.)

We are at the bakery, baking all kinds of wonderful goodies. Including our sandwiches and pasta salad.

Porky and Swiss- we take a croissant and fill it with Swiss cheese and sliced ham, then roll it up and bake it until the cheese melts, the ham gets warm and the croissants are buttery and flaky. These are seriously good!

The Turkey Lurky- a buttery croissant filled with sliced white turkey breast, cream cheese and cranberry sauce, all baked into a delicious, flaky sandwich!

The Gobbler- fresh sliced turkey, our own stuffing, cranberry sauce, and an herb aioli on one of our fresh baked kaiser rolls. Thanksgiving on bread!

Pig in a Puff- Maple flavored sausages rolled up in a light puff pastry and baked to a golden brown.

Strong to the Finish - Savory spinach and ricotta cheese nestled in a french pastry basket. Incredibly yummy!

I stopped in this week and tried several of your items. Everything was delicious and I will be back in! I especially loved the eclairs....I have not had an eclair that good since I was a kid. I've tired several eclairs from different bakeries through the years but couldn't hold a candle to yours. :good: Also, my husband loved your fried sweet potato pie and he is hard to please.

I want to know which pcommers are guilty of eating all the Turkey Lurky's. They were sold out by the time I was able to get one....However, it is still quite tasty on bread.

I went by there before 1 PM and they were gone then :(

Guess you gotta get there before lunchtime. I bought cupcakes and they are soooo good!

You should try making klobasnek...I would drive a LONG way to get some good klobasnek!!

There is a little bakery in my hometown (in Texas) that makes them fresh every day, and they can NEVER make enough for the demand! The BEST (IMO) they make have jalapeno and cheese.

These are NOT just pigs-in-a-blanket--the dough is a slightly sweet, soft yeast dough. They are magical.

Trust me--these things would sell like crazy!

I want to know which pcommers are guilty of eating all the Turkey Lurky's. They were sold out by the time I was able to get one....However, it is still quite tasty on bread.

I am so sorry we ran out before you got one! We will bake more in the morning! They are soooo good on the croissants! And our croissants are trans fat free! biggrin.gif

I hope you do fabulously, fantastically, incredibly well.

Why thank you!

I'll be by for sure.

I'm pretty basic, do you have any cream filled, chocolate cupcakes?

We have chocolate cupcakes, cream filling and icing, so.... lol.

You should try making klobasnek...I would drive a LONG way to get some good klobasnek!!

There is a little bakery in my hometown (in Texas) that makes them fresh every day, and they can NEVER make enough for the demand! The BEST (IMO) they make have jalapeno and cheese.

These are NOT just pigs-in-a-blanket--the dough is a slightly sweet, soft yeast dough. They are magical.

Trust me--these things would sell like crazy!

I have never heard of them. I will have to look them up. Pete (my Scottish baker) made Scottish Sausage Rolls today and OMG! They are so good!

I went by there before 1 PM and they were gone then :(

Guess you gotta get there before lunchtime. I bought cupcakes and they are soooo good!

Someone had just come in and bought the last 2. We didn't know how many of each to bake, since this was the first day. Now we know a bit better. lol

Please tell me you sell the sweet potato pie by the slice........please.;)

If I buy a whole one I will deeply regret it.:(

We have whole pies, and fried Sweet Potato Pies. We will probably sell regualr Sweet potato by the slice soon, but the fried ones are delicious!

I stopped in this week and tried several of your items. Everything was delicious and I will be back in! I especially loved the eclairs....I have not had an eclair that good since I was a kid. I've tired several eclairs from different bakeries through the years but couldn't hold a candle to yours. :good: Also, my husband loved your fried sweet potato pie and he is hard to please.

Why thank you! We really, really appreciate the positive remarks.

Explain the need for a wedding cake please.

my dad is getting married next week. in Arkansas. he needs a gluten free cake and couldn't find one up there. I hooked him up with flour child, and will be transporting the cake to the event.

I might be in the market for a regular wedding cake next month......will keep y'all posted!!!

my dad is getting married next week. in Arkansas. he needs a gluten free cake and couldn't find one up there. I hooked him up with flour child, and will be transporting the cake to the event.

I might be in the market for a regular wedding cake next month......will keep y'all posted!!!

Well, congrats to your Dad. Further congrats to those TBD.

Hope you are doing well doll.

Seriously............they are serving Gluten Free????

Is it possible that you bake GF bread?

My niece has celiac. She is pregnant and craving a grilled cheese sandwich but the bread they sell in the stores is not any good.

My niece has celiac. She is pregnant and craving a grilled cheese sandwich but the bread they sell in the stores is not any good.

I don't know if it's a special order type thing, but it's sure worth a phone call to find out! they've been more than accommodating with us, and a pleasure to work with!

We are working on a gluten free menu of items that we feel we can do properly. Right now it is by special order only. I will post the menu when I get it made.

I'd like to see you offer a "A Taste Of ..." dessert plates for sale--- small pieces of different desserts. I like to eat a few bites of one thing and a couple of bites of something else, etc.

that is certainly "do-able." lol