Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
kittycat

YAY......I heard that my bank is planning to drop the debt card fee

I got a post on my FB sent by channel 2 that Wells Fargo is planning on dropping the 3 dollar debt card fee............YAY....also Suntrust to follow....Has anyone else heard this?

I need to correct my title to BANK instead of Band....how do I do that?......LOL...SORRY ..

Yes, my husband showed me a headline on this over the weekend. I'm not sure yet if this will change my mind about finding a new bank or not $3 didn't bother me too much when I thought about how easy having a debit card makes things for me and how little it is in the long run. I however did not like the $17.50 transfer fee that showed up on our last statement. I don't remember hearing anything about that ahead of time but I am sure we were told at some point in the form of small print.

Yes, my husband showed me a headline on this over the weekend. I'm not sure yet if this will change my mind about finding a new bank or not $3 didn't bother me too much when I thought about how easy having a debit card makes things for me and how little it is in the long run. I however did not like the $17.50 transfer fee that showed up on our last statement. I don't remember hearing anything about that ahead of time but I am sure we were told at some point in the form of small print.

17.50 just to transfer.........wow.....that's unreal..... :unsure:

Regions is about stupid too... we have fees 10.00 for using debt a month and 8 dollar fee just to have a checking account now and i think its just plan stupid

Funny. I have a Suntrust debit card but never use it anymore. Wonder if they will charge me if they don't discontinue the fee?

Regions is about stupid too... we have fees 10.00 for using debt a month and 8 dollar fee just to have a checking account now and i think its just plan stupid

wow...that's a lot....I don't have any fee's for having a checking account...and had no debt card fee up until now......so far so good with me....I am with ya on that stupid part....Regions does have my car loan and they are always sending me letters to transfer banking with them....but NOPE....not gonna happen.... not with those kinda charges...

I got a post on my FB sent by channel 2 that Wells Fargo is planning on dropping the 3 dollar debt card fee............YAY....also Suntrust to follow....Has anyone else heard this?

I need to correct my title to BANK instead of Band....how do I do that?......LOL...SORRY ..

We have never had to pay the $3 and been there all the way through Wachovia and Southtrust before that. Idk? Maybe because we have a business acct as well?

We have never had to pay the $3 and been there all the way through Wachovia and Southtrust before that. Idk? Maybe because we have a business acct as well?

I looked back on my records and I don't see any $3 charges either......

I have Regions and I don't pay $10.00 per month. According to their website it's $4.00.

I do all my banking with USAA but have a Regions acct just to have something local. I never use the debit card, atm, or anything. I noticed a $10 fee this month on my statement so I will be cancelling my acct with Regions. I went through this once before with them and they said I had to have a minimum direct deposit of $10 a month. I changed the monthly deposit and am now being charged again. I give up with them.

USAA has TRUE free checking. No monthly fees, no minimum deposits, no minimum balances required. LOVE USAA!

Regions is changing the checking accounts. My type now requires $25000 and direct deposit or the monthly fee will be $18,this includes the debit card fee. Suntrust requires $10000 and direct deposit so I will be changing banks after 35 years.

Regions is changing the checking accounts. My type now requires $25000 and direct deposit or the monthly fee will be $18,this includes the debit card fee. Suntrust requires $10000 and direct deposit so I will be changing banks after 35 years.

Some of these changes just started so many may not have seen them yet.

I looked back on my records and I don't see any $3 charges either......

I believe the new fee's were supposed to start in November. And my husband is supposed to be calling about that $17.50 charge~~surely it is a mistake,

I believe the new fee's were supposed to start in November. And my husband is supposed to be calling about that $17.50 charge~~surely it is a mistake,

I wasn't sure when the fee's were suppose to start but I am happy to hear that they're not going to charge it......as for as that 17.50....I would check into that again...sure is high for a transfer fee...hope it's a mistake, that's steep.. :blink:

I'm telling ya, get rid of those banks and join a credit union!! I made the switch in 1997 and have never been charged a fee for anything. The only thing I pay for is new boxes of checks when I run out. Credit unions offer debit cards, on-line bill pay, remote deposit, transfers, mortgages, auto loans, etc. Everything that a traditional bank offers but credit unions do it cheaper and better for the consumer.

USAA has TRUE free checking. No monthly fees, no minimum deposits, no minimum balances required. LOVE USAA!

I was going to start a thread if anyone uses USAA a I am considering switching to them.

I like how they will refund you up to $15 a month in other bank ATM charges since there is obviously no USAA ATM available.

That was my major sticky problem with switching is you would have to use other banks ATMs and pay a ATM fee.

I'm moving mine out to the Lockheed Credit Union. I figure 5 blunders in less than two months is enough for me. I can't handle it anymore. I'm just waiting on my life insurance auto draft to clear then I'm gone from the "banks".

Effective Nov.1st Regions will be stopping the monthly debit card fee! :yahoo:

Edited by elliesgranny

Transfer from account to account? What type of transfer??

I'm moving mine out to the Lockheed Credit Union. I figure 5 blunders in less than two months is enough for me. I can't handle it anymore. I'm just waiting on my life insurance auto draft to clear then I'm gone from the "banks".

I'm with the IBM Credit Union and no gotchas in five years.

Transfer from account to account? What type of transfer??

Savings to Checking~~seems inconsistent since we had more than one transfer on that statement but only the one charge.

Savings to Checking~~seems inconsistent since we had more than one transfer on that statement but only the one charge.

That's not right. Call the bank and complain about the obvious error.

Good to know.. my husband has complained to them every chance he has got. lol in fact he told them we would be moving our business else were.. so maybe they had enough complaints and closed accounts to re think this decision. wells fargo was suppose to start today (nov 1)

Good to know.. my husband has complained to them every chance he has got. lol in fact he told them we would be moving our business else were.. so maybe they had enough complaints and closed accounts to re think this decision. wells fargo was suppose to start today (nov 1)

That's what I was thinking....too many complaints.....Good deal.... :yahoo:

was it money market to checking? There are limits on how many transactions you can do in a month (or quarter) in a Money Market. That does NOT depend on the bank.

I knew Regions was going to start charging $4 on October 1st for debit use, so I purposely stopped using it. Last week, I noticed they took $4 monthly charge out for debit use. So I called them, asked them to bring my account up, and tell me exactly what charge on there qualified me.

There was none. I was told my cycle ran from the last week of September until the last week of October (I had used it at the end of September). I was credited the $4 back since their policy had started October 1st, but I wonder how many others they scammed $4 with that...

I'm glad all of "us" coming together made them listen, for once.

I knew Regions was going to start charging $4 on October 1st for debit use, so I purposely stopped using it. Last week, I noticed they took $4 monthly charge out for debit use. So I called them, asked them to bring my account up, and tell me exactly what charge on there qualified me.

There was none. I was told my cycle ran from the last week of September until the last week of October (I had used it at the end of September). I was credited the $4 back since their policy had started October 1st, but I wonder how many others they scammed $4 with that...

I'm glad all of "us" coming together made them listen, for once.

Good for you.....I just hate a thief....and that's what they are when they take from others....blind sided..... :pardon:

Their website says they are droppin the monthly debit card fee and everyone will have it credited to their account on Nov 4th if it has been taken out. I wonder about this monthly fee for just having an account, 10 dollars they charged me

If it is the "Running Horse Bank", I noticed that if you make more than 3 transfers there is a monthly fee. That is pretty steep.

I was going to start a thread if anyone uses USAA a I am considering switching to them.

I like how they will refund you up to $15 a month in other bank ATM charges since there is obviously no USAA ATM available.

That was my major sticky problem with switching is you would have to use other banks ATMs and pay a ATM fee.

They are GREAT! I've been a member for 14 years now and use almost all of their services. I can't imagine banking with anyone else. And never once has it been an issue that they don't have any of their banks in this area. Now you can deposit a check by scanning, using an IPhone app or mailing for free through UPS or regular mail. I scan deposits and it's super easy. We had our mortgage with them and closing was a breeze, not a single problem. Just this week we transferred our investments from Merrill to USAA and the financial advisors couldn't have been more helpful. Can you tell, I LOVE my bank?!? :blush:

I'm telling ya, get rid of those banks and join a credit union!! I made the switch in 1997 and have never been charged a fee for anything. The only thing I pay for is new boxes of checks when I run out. Credit unions offer debit cards, on-line bill pay, remote deposit, transfers, mortgages, auto loans, etc. Everything that a traditional bank offers but credit unions do it cheaper and better for the consumer.

Yep! That's where we are heading. My husband and I both opened accounts at LGE Credit Union last week. As soon as we get direct deposits switched we will be closing our accounts even though our banks have anounced this week they are discontinuing debit card fees.

I agree, all of the big banks will do away with the debit card fees to try and slow the pace of customers leaving but rest assured they will find some other way of making up the difference.

Well, SunTrust is now charging a $7 monthly service charge, if your acct falls below $500, on this particular account but, it's because I "don't" have direct deposit on this acct. We do NOT have a debit card for this, either. :angry: :angry: :angry: