Paulding.com

Has everyone turned their heat on already?

Just wondering, has everyone turned their heat on yet? I know I have, but I've talked to some who still haven't. Brrrrrr they must be a lot more warm nature than me.

Don't forget we are still running our furnace/system check for $59. Just in case you haven't turned it on you might want to take advantage of this to make sure the heats there when you need it. :)

Just wondering, has everyone turned their heat on yet? I know I have, but I've talked to some who still haven't. Brrrrrr they must be a lot more warm nature than me.

Don't forget we are still running our furnace/system check for $59. Just in case you haven't turned it on you might want to take advantage of this to make sure the heats there when you need it. :)

nope....and I'm very cold natured. We have; however, had a few fires in the fireplace already!

We almost had to when someone didn't close their window when I asked them to... But we suffered through & I cooked a lot of things in the oven!!! I really like to have a couple of months off between air conditioning & heating. Last year I had to turn my air conditioner back on in October!

me!! :pardon: and I pulled out the fuzzy socks and by friday I will have the electric blanket on the bed. My house stays very cold, I am actually freezing as I write this :closedeyes: I know this is gonna be a rough winter for me, did i mention I wear gloves all winter...in my house. :blush: :lol:

Nope.

With 11" walls (3 1/2" Brick, 1/2" Air, 1" Foam, 5 1/2" Fiberglass, 1/2" sheetrock) It takes a pretty cold day to start drawing down the temp with all the heat that we produce inside the house.

Lowest I've seen it inside was 68 degrees in the bedroom area.

Now, the A/C has been running on the warm days, so don't think I'm saving money yet...

I said I wouldnt but I caved. The really shameful part is that I live in Valdosta, minutes from the Fl line. But, I cant stand getting out of bed into a cold room in the morning. I've had it turned down really low so it only comes on a couple times a day. Guess I'm a wimp...:pardon:

Nope.

With 11" walls (3 1/2" Brick, 1/2" Air, 1" Foam, 5 1/2" Fiberglass, 1/2" sheetrock) It takes a pretty cold day to start drawing down the temp with all the heat that we produce inside the house.

Lowest I've seen it inside was 68 degrees in the bedroom area.

Now, the A/C has been running on the warm days, so don't think I'm saving money yet...

Wow! That is amazing. This may be a dumb question, but did you have your home custom built this way?

I said I wouldnt but I caved. The really shameful part is that I live in Valdosta, minutes from the Fl line. But, I cant stand getting out of bed into a cold room in the morning. I've had it turned down really low so it only comes on a couple times a day. Guess I'm a wimp...:pardon:

LOL! That is funny, but I'm with you. Hate getting out of bed to a cold house too.

me!! :pardon: and I pulled out the fuzzy socks and by friday I will have the electric blanket on the bed. My house stays very cold, I am actually freezing as I write this :closedeyes: I know this is gonna be a rough winter for me, did i mention I wear gloves all winter...in my house. :blush: :lol:

Ha ha. I've got the space heater but the electric blanket and gloves isn't sounding like a good idea too. :)

My lower heat pump went out the first part of October. Had a friend help install a new system and it has been on with the cold days last week. Now, I am just waiting for the upper unit to go out.....

Fingers crossed that it won't.

WOW!! I am impressed at the ones who still haven't turned their heat on yet. The heat is on in the office and I usually have a space heater running too. I'll admit it. I a wimp. I don't like to be cold. :)

ME TOOOOOOOOOOO!

YEP! That's me too. I have had my heat on several times! I AM A WIMP BIG TIME! 8)

Lots of heat pumps in Paulding. They work great, but since they are basically an A/C running in reverse cycle, they need maintenance twice as often as a gas furnace.

Whether it be Pinnacle or someone else; get your heat pump cleaned and services now and it will save you on your utility costs and reduce breakdowns.

Good idea to get your gas furnaces serviced too. Most HVAC failures are sue to lack of maintenance. People change the oil in their cars but they don't service their HVAC systems. the HVAC systems run a lot more than car engines do,.

Wow! That is amazing. This may be a dumb question, but did you have your home custom built this way?

Yes. Dad has always been an advocate of heavy insulation, even in the South. Our builder on the other hand was of the opinion we wasted 2" of our house having 2x6 vs 2x4 outer walls.

Of course, it didn't help that the builder had the A/C contractor size the heating/cooling units as if we had normal insulation. So I ended up with dual 2 1/2 ton units that don't run NEAR enough to dehumidify enough if left at 78. I have to run the bedroom units at 74 all summer just to dry the rooms out.

However, it's a ranch, so I knew we'd have higher energy bills without the insulation vs a 2 story house. The winner for me was a few summers ago when a neighbor down the street had a $400+ power bill for cooling his two story, but mine was less than $300 for roughly the same sq foot. :yahoo:

I think your warnings about service are great, our first house, I had no clue the A/C unit outside needed to be cleaned. It wasn't until I grabbed the return line into the furnace one summer afternoon and found the line was very hot to the touch that I realized the coils were really clogged. Cleaning the unit cut my A/C run time over 2 hours a *day*.

I have Gas heat here and had never really thought about heat pumps needed more cleaning cycles. I'm going to have to mention that to Dad, he had a heat pump put in the last time the A/C was replaced.

Cheers!

We had it on for a week or so when it was really chilly, but it's off now and the windows are back open.

It's cool in the morning but by this afternoon I'll shed my light jacket I'm wearing and my bunny slippers.

I'm warm natured so I can hang to a point.

I'm sure we will be turning it back on this weekend.

It 'sposta be chilly!!

I turned it on the night it was about 40, two weeks ago.

It sounded like a helicopter was taking off so I immediately turned it off.

The repairman came out and there was some coil that had to be replaced.

He fixed it and it runs like a charm now.

Only had to use it twice but it looks like I will need it tonight.

GOOD LAWD NOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm still sleeping with the window open. :lol:

Last week the morning after the frost warning when we woke up DH commented about it being so cold. I informed him "it might be because the window is open".

It is the only thing we are not compatible......when it is above 60 I am burning up and when it is below 60 he is freezing. LOL!