Paulding.com

What is your favorite cupcake flavor?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite cupcake flavor?

• Chocolate
    • Yellow
    • Red Velvet
    • Coconut
    • Almond
    • German Chocolate
    • Strawberry
    • Lemon
    • Pumpkin Spice
    • Other-please specify in post

I'm a traditionalist and a sucker for yellow cake with FUDGE icing!!

Of course we are in the south and I can tell you from 22 years experience in Deli/Bakery at Kroger, the number one selling cake is red velvet, followed by carrot.

And this time of year the pumpkin cake roll with cream cheese icing always did well.

I agree with Thoughts anything that is sugar free or very low for us diabetics.

My husband has been a Type I diabetic since he was nine, and he pays more attention to carb count these days. He has problems with many artificial sweeteners.

I voted OTHER:

• Carrot cake cupcake with cream cheese frosting.
  • Chocolate brownie cupcake with butter-pecan frosting.
  • Double-chocolate cupcake with cappuccino frosting.

None of which would taste all that great as sugar-free. :pardon:

Edited by TabbyCat

I love caramel cake with caramel icing, it is my favorite and almost impossible to find.

The big issue for me is fresh, fresh fresh fresh!!!

Most bakeries I go to hold on to their stuff way too long, with me they would do better to make less and run out, or throw it away at the end of the day.

When I get a stale cupcake I am done, and I certainly will not be back for a full size cake.

Everything above sounds good.

I would like a good Pumpkin....but not pumpkin spice. For some reason just a sweet pumpkin taste is better than pumpkin spice. ( I hope that makes sense).

And a fluffy strawberry cake with real strawberries is always good. There USED to be another bakery in town that sold these and they were awesome.

We plan to make some sugar free cupcakes. The problem with sugar free is the icing. Most of the really good tasting sugar free icing is not stable enough to sit for more than a couple of hours. And of course, just because it is sugar free doesn't mean it is low carb. (I have sugar issues myself and am trying to not become diabetic so I sympathize).

Thanks for voting. We have lots of great ideas for flavors and combinations of flavors that we plan to do. And, LPPT, I agree, stale cupcakes are for the birds. Cake should not be dry and stale. Too many bakeries and grocery store bakeries try to keep costs down by keeping them for several days. I was told by a grocery store bakery employee that their cakes have a 40 day shelf life! OMG! That just sounds nasty to me. And some bakeries bake a lot at one time to keep labor costs down. Which doesn't work because like you said, a stale, old cupcake is not going to keep customers coming back.

Opening this bakery is our chance to do things OUR way. When working for another bakery we did not have that control. I am keeping a lists of ALL of your suggestions. So, keep 'em coming.

Everything above sounds good.

I would like a good Pumpkin....but not pumpkin spice. For some reason just a sweet pumpkin taste is better than pumpkin spice. ( I hope that makes sense).

And a fluffy strawberry cake with real strawberries is always good. There USED to be another bakery in town that sold these and they were awesome.

Yes, I understand what you mean. Sometimes pumpkin spice has a "gourdy" taste that a sweet pumpkin doesn't have. We will probably have strawberry cupcakes a lot. They are a big seller. lol

We plan to make some sugar free cupcakes. The problem with sugar free is the icing. Most of the really good tasting sugar free icing is not stable enough to sit for more than a couple of hours. And of course, just because it is sugar free doesn't mean it is low carb. (I have sugar issues myself and am trying to not become diabetic so I sympathize).

Thanks for voting. We have lots of great ideas for flavors and combinations of flavors that we plan to do. And, LPPT, I agree, stale cupcakes are for the birds. Cake should not be dry and stale. Too many bakeries and grocery store bakeries try to keep costs down by keeping them for several days. I was told by a grocery store bakery employee that their cakes have a 40 day shelf life! OMG! That just sounds nasty to me. And some bakeries bake a lot at one time to keep labor costs down. Which doesn't work because like you said, a stale, old cupcake is not going to keep customers coming back.

Opening this bakery is our chance to do things OUR way. When working for another bakery we did not have that control. I am keeping a lists of ALL of your suggestions. So, keep 'em coming.

If you make caramel cupcakes, you post it, cause I will drive all the way down there for some. If I like them then I will be ordering a cake every year for my Birthday.

If you make caramel cupcakes, you post it, cause I will drive all the way down there for some. If I like them then I will be ordering a cake every year for my Birthday.

I have a recipe that was given to me by a lady in church several years ago. i was just looking at it today. So, I will let you know when I make them. lol

My kids like orange cake with buttercream frosting ... I always told them it was "orange 50-50" or "Orange creamsicle."

We also like chocoloate cake with a butter cream frosting.

Sounds like you are going to have fun!

We are gonna have a ball! When looking for a name and theme for the bakery we all lit up when we came up with the Flour Child hippie theme. There is so much we can do to incorporate the theme and the decor is colorful and fun. I figured young kids will like the bright colors, older kids will think it is cool, and older adults like me will re-live our youth. lol. btw, I love orange creamsicles, too. And choc w/ buttercream icing is a classic!

My kids like orange cake with buttercream frosting ... I always told them it was "orange 50-50" or "Orange creamsicle."

We also like chocoloate cake with a butter cream frosting.

Sounds like you are going to have fun!

I voted OTHER:

• Carrot cake cupcake with cream cheese frosting.
  • Chocolate brownie cupcake with butter-pecan frosting.
  • Double-chocolate cupcake with cappuccino frosting.

None of which would taste all that great as sugar-free. :pardon:

I SECOND the Carrot Cake :) .

I am an oddball I guess. I love a white cake (usually a Mexican Vanilla) with butter cream icing.

No no no, you are not the only one!!! I LOVE white cake. Oh man... and frosting that isn't OMGWTH too sweet. I can't stand sweets most times and usually take the icing off of anything I eat. I always tell Hubba I'd rather have another helping at dinner rather than eat dessert. ;) But I do promise to come in and try what you have. I'll eat you out of dark chocolate covered strawberries everyday if they aren't too pricey.

I'm pretty excited about there being 2 bakeries in the county. It was a seriously neglected market and could do very well here. I wish you the best of luck and welcome to PCOM. :)

No no no, you are not the only one!!! I LOVE white cake. Oh man... and frosting that isn't OMGWTH too sweet. I can't stand sweets most times and usually take the icing off of anything I eat. I always tell Hubba I'd rather have another helping at dinner rather than eat dessert. ;) But I do promise to come in and try what you have. I'll eat you out of dark chocolate covered strawberries everyday if they aren't too pricey.

I'm pretty excited about there being 2 bakeries in the county. It was a seriously neglected market and could do very well here. I wish you the best of luck and welcome to PCOM. :)

There are 3 now. The third one is on the Dallas Square.

Key Lime!! and the very best cupcake I ever had was at the Marietta square cupcake place...it was called Guinness. I asked why the name, and she said it was made with Guinness beer and was her best seller!!! It was really great.

Edited by ohmygosh