Paulding.com

61N Detour - Accident?

My mom is traveling that way and had to detour near High Shoals Rd (I think that's the name). They said a school bus accident was ahead on Cartersville Hwy - the 61N end of the county.

Anyone know about this? I didn't get a nixle alert on my phone this time.

I got an alert that there was an accident at Braswell Mt and 61 ("will be shutdown for a few hours"). I live off High Shoals, cop was at 61 and High Shoals directing NB traffic to High Shoals...lots of traffic coming from Raccoon Creek on High Shoals headed toward 61. You have to be able to turn onto Braswell Mt to get to Raccoon Creek so they were likely diverting traffic through that gas station parking lot at the intersection. So, yeah, I have no clue what happened, but there's the traffic rundown for you :rofl:

mrnn

Expedition was headed north and stopped to turn on brasswell mt road,a 4 door passenger car was stopped behind the expedition.

Nissan truck coming north did not see the vehicles stopped.Nissan swerved clipped cars then hit an oncoming schoolbus that was on filedtrip for band.The bus lost powersteering and brakes but the driver(very good friend) was able to hold bus in the road

Paramedics checked kids at scene,1 had a bump on head and went to hospital to be checked.

Lifeflight was for driver of nissan.

Will have pics,but won't post until condition is known of driver of nissan

Lifeflight wasn't for the driver of the Nissan. I know because my dad was driving the Nissan. Lifeflight was for the passenger of the 4-door car. My dad's truck swerved right after hitting the car. The car clipped the SUV as it was swerving into the left lane and then into the oncoming school bus. Praying for the injured man and everyone else involved. My husband went to be with my dad after the accident and he has never seen him so upset. He feels terrible about it and is understandably very shaken up.

Lifeflight wasn't for the driver of the Nissan. I know because my dad was driving the Nissan. Lifeflight was for the passenger of the 4-door car. My dad's truck swerved right after hitting the car. The car clipped the SUV as it was swerving into the left lane and then into the oncoming school bus. Praying for the injured man and everyone else involved. My husband went to be with my dad after the accident and he has never seen him so upset. He feels terrible about it and is understandably very shaken up.

I've got the pics now,and after seeing them I figured it was the 4 door car occupant that was hurt bad.

Thank you for setting me straight

The accident involved 4 vehicles: 3 cars and one school bus. From my understanding, car A nudged car B (which lost control) and hit car C. Car C hit the school bus on the side. Everyone on the school bus was okay. One girl hit her head on the window but by the end of the day she was well enough to perform in the competition. Many "high profile" people came to the scene accident, including the superintendent, and an assistant principal from North. I thank God for protecting our students and giving the bus driver strength to stop the bus. It could have been much, much worse. I think this accident shows how safe school buses are. Some of the people on the school bus said that they didn't even know they got into an accident, they thought they hit a pot hole.

The North Paulding Band arrived fashionably late to the competition, but they did win 2nd place in the drum major and percussion categories, and got 1st place in the band and color guard categories. :yahoo:

The accident involved 4 vehicles: 3 cars and one school bus. From my understanding, car A nudged car B (which lost control) and hit car C. Car C hit the school bus on the side. Everyone on the school bus was okay. One girl hit her head on the window but by the end of the day she was well enough to perform in the competition. Many "high profile" people came to the scene accident, including the superintendent, and an assistant principal from North. I thank God for protecting our students and giving the bus driver strength to stop the bus. It could have been much, much worse. I think this accident shows how safe school buses are. Some of the people on the school bus said that they didn't even know they got into an accident, they thought they hit a pot hole.

The North Paulding Band arrived fashionably late to the competition, but they did win 2nd place in the drum major and percussion categories, and got 1st place in the band and color guard categories. :yahoo:

The bus was hit on the driver side and she did lose brakes and power steering. Its a miracle that no one on the bus was seriously injured because it could have been a lot worse if we had not had a great bus driver w/ quick decision making skills. The band did go on a couple of hours late to get all superior ratings, 1st place in class, guard was 1st in class and 1st in show. Band, percussion, drum major, guard all got all superior ratings.

Edited by whatzup?