Paulding.com

Court ordered community service

My 17 year old son has been doing community service this past week during fall break. The place he has been serving is not open on weekends and he still needs to do more community service. Does anyone know of any non-profit organizations that might could put him to work on weekends?

Paulding County Animal Shelter maybe???

We selected a cat several Saturdays ago.

2 gentlemen checked in to perform Community Service while we were there.

I have no idea if they applied or had any type orintation prior to that Saturday.

I thought of that too but I think you have to be 18 to work there or a parent has to be with you. I work weekends and cannot be there with him. Thanks for responding :)

Sorry, i don't know of any place around here, but we had a relative working weekends at the atlanta tool bank and the atlanta zoo (the zoo and new aquarium both require you take a class first though). Other weekend opportunities are habitat for humanity if it is approved by the court/probation.

Thanks...Atlanta is just too far. Hoping for something local. He has not yet been ordered by the court to serve community service but it's coming. This is for a traffic offense and his lawyer said he can do this at a church or possibly even something with some of the local youth baseball organizations as he is a local high school baseball player.

Thanks...Atlanta is just too far. Hoping for something local. He has not yet been ordered by the court to serve community service but it's coming. This is for a traffic offense and his lawyer said he can do this at a church or possibly even something with some of the local youth baseball organizations as he is a local high school baseball player.

Check with West Ridge Church. They have a program for Community Service the Courts accept.

i agree atlanta is a long way to go, but when we were helping a relative 3 years ago, we had the same problem of finding a place open on saturdays. I don't know about recently, but the court would only accept certain places to do the service. Too many scammers out there. The Warehouse of Hope is open late on certain nights, it used to be on thursday nights, and she could get a few extra hours there each week. It is located on hunter road near hwy 92 at the county line.

Try the used/thirft stores.

Goodwill store in hiram maybe?

I thought of that too but I think you have to be 18 to work there or a parent has to be with you. I work weekends and cannot be there with him. Thanks for responding :)

You are right ... You have to be 18 or have a parent stay with you.

Try LauraLeigh Farms or JBrigman if he wants to volunteer with animals.

FYI - He should be able to get a list of approved places for community service which are "age appropriate".