Paulding.com

Anybody else see how much our Female Representive owes in taxes

I do not know her personal story but from my experience these reports are not always accurate.

The last time somebody posted a list on here from people in the area that owed money my name and previous business were listed.

I did not owe the money, the debt was paid years earlier.

Just last month I received a letter from the state stating...."Debt paid in full."

Sometimes the list is not accurate.

Bored...you are correct. But she admitted that she owed the taxes

The IRS has a lien against Rep. Paulette Rakestraw-Braddock, R-Hiram, for $36,343 in unpaid income taxes for 2006 and 2007. She said she got behind on her taxes when her direct marketing business fell victim to the Great Recession.

“It’s kind of hard to climb out of that hole when you are behind,” she said.

Rakestraw-Braddock, a freshman who sits on both the Small Business Development and Economic Development committees in the House, said she is negotiating a settlement — she describes it as a “long, arduous process” — with the IRS.

She said she sees no conflict with serving in the Legislature while paying off her late taxes. “I’ve always paid my taxes,” she said. “I started business in ’88 and I have paid substantial taxes during that time.”

Bored...you are correct. But she admitted that she owed the taxes

That's a different story. I know people who could not work for the census bureau because they owed taxes. The rules for office should be just as tough, if not tougher. As far as making "arrangements" usually the state just puts a lien on you.

The IRS will also garnish your wages. I think if I have to make sure my taxes are paid...so does everyone else. Politician or not!

Agreed plus I think all payments to elected officials should be garnished 100% till their debts to the taxpayers are caught up 100%.

Agreed plus I think all payments to elected officials should be garnished 100% till their debts to the taxpayers are caught up 100%.

:good:

From the link Jenilyn posted: http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-officials-past-due-1183242.html

“It seems a bit hypocritical that they are out there making the laws and they are not abiding by them,” he said.

It is not a new problem. Some legislators have pushed for a constitutional amendment to ban tax debtors from holding office.

“Any elected official should be held to a higher standard,” said House Ethics Chairman Joe Wilkinson, R-Sandy Springs. “Any official who is voting on taxing citizens should be in compliance himself or herself. If you owe undisputed taxes, then you should be not allowed to serve.”

• Like 2

This does not suprise me a lot of improper things were raised during the election,Yet she still received 2/3 of the vote in the General election and defeated the incumbent in the primary.

She was the Tea party darling of the local tea party,They got what they voted for :yahoo:

• Like 1

How much money did she spend on her campaign? Now she helps find ways to spend our money & she hasn't paid her share. That's the type of politician we need representing us.

Maybe these people should be helping pay her taxes instead of padding her re-election fund.

Georgia Optometric Association PAC

1000 Corporate Center Dr.

Morrow, GA 30260 Georgia Optometric Association PAC

01/06/2011 Primary 2012 $250.00

Shearin Properties

3021 Braswell Mountain Rd.

Dallas, GA 30132

05/24/2011 Primary 2012 $200.00

Ford Thigpen

Westside Bank

56 Hiram Dr.

Hiram, GA 30141

05/24/2011 Primary 2012 $100.00

MMV Alliance PAC

P.O. Box 1750

Hiram, GA 30141

05/24/2011 Primary 2012 $1,000.00

Dr. William D. Woods

1498 Merchants Dr.

Dallas, GA 30132

05/24/2011 Primary

2012 $0.00 $100.00

Friends of Bill Heath

222 Cashtown Rd.

Bremen, GA 30110

05/24/2011 Primary 2012 $150.00

Jason Anavitarte

3316 Oakcliff Rd.

Doraville, GA 30340

Amerihealth

05/24/2011 Monetary

Primary

2012 $0.00 $125.00

John & Glenda Covington

P.O. Box 690

Hiram, GA 30141

retired physician

05/24/2011

Primary

2012 $0.00 $200.00

Sharon Rakestraw Morgan

401 Butler Industrial Dr.

Dallas, GA 30132

business owner

Raker Construction 05/24/2011

Primary

2012 $0.00 $500.00

Parker Sales & Service

225 Legion Dr.

Dallas, GA 30132

05/24/2011

Primary

2012 $0.00 $100.00

Ragsdale Heating & Air

418 Butler Industrial Dr.

Dallas, GA 30132

05/24/2011

Primary

2012 $0.00 $425.00

Committee to Elect Howard Maxwell

716 Graham Rd.

Dallas, GA 30132

06/07/2011

Primary

2012 $0.00 $1,000.00

Jack & Molly Bickford

531 Muyes Rd.

Powder Springs, GA 30127

Distinctive Dentistry 05/24/2011

Primary

2012 $0.00 $500.00

Don Barbour

571 Lee's Trace

Marietta, GA 30064

Regional Director

AT&T 05/24/2011

Primary

2012 $0.00 $100.00

Dick Donovan

1359 Laird Rd.

Hiram, GA 30141

District Attorney

Paulding County 05/24/2011

Primary

2012 $0.00 $100.00

Brian & April Graber

53 Brounson Ct.

Acworth, GA 30101

financial advisor

Merrill Lynch 05/24/2011

Primary

2012 $0.00 $100.00

And more...... See Georgia Campaign Reports

http://media.ethics.ga.gov/search/Campaign/Campaign_Name.aspx?NameID=6430&FilerID=C2010000028&Type=candidate

• Like 3

This does not suprise me a lot of improper things were raised during the election,Yet she still received 2/3 of the vote in the General election and defeated the incumbent in the primary.

She was the Tea party darling of the local tea party,They got what they voted for :yahoo:

I thought she was the Republican candidate, not necessarily the "Tea Party" darling. She did not have my vote.

• Like 1

This just shows where the local GOP mind is,back a criminal. Notice there canidates all have one thing in common,there in trouble with the law. I wonder why there meetings are at a local park :o there just not a good showing for our county. I bet were the biggest laugh at the capital.:clapping:

• Like 1

This just shows where the local GOP mind is,back a criminal. Notice there canidates all have one thing in common,there in trouble with the law. I wonder why there meetings are at a local park :o there just not a good showing for our county. I bet were the biggest laugh at the capital.:clapping:

Right, because we all know that the Democrats always pay their taxes. Well that is unless they are the treasury secretary and head of the bank and fiance committee, just to name a few. :blink:

• Like 1

If you read the article, you will notice that it's full of democrats and republicans. Not paying taxes doesn't seem to be a big deal under the gold dome, regardless of party affiliation. Unless and until we hold ALL public officials to a higher standard, we get what we get.

Guest Inspector Callahan

I don't see a lot of difference in them???

That's because there isn't. How about Obama's Treasury Secretary, if you just want to start throwing rocks. What a joke.

Guest Inspector Callahan

To me they are all a joke, all the way down to the ones here in Paulding.

The problem is, the joke is on us. I can understand somebody having tax issues. Almost everyone has at one time or another. But if you haven't cleared it, don't run.

Oh really???

Howard Maxwell, David Austin, Boyd Austin (and others) How have they been in trouble with the law?

I do share your frustrations with some candidates, but not ALL

This really isn't a party thing. This is a woman who ran with a whole lot of shadiness (including bankruptcy) in her past. Now we learn she owes $35k in back taxes. She was weak on the issues, offering little more than platitudes. She was already an embarrassment, this is just icing on the cake.

mrnn

• Like 1

I thought she was the Republican candidate, not necessarily the "Tea Party" darling. She did not have my vote.

Yeppers. She said a lot of words that included "tea party", but she didn't strike me as an authentic tea party person. She didn't get my vote, either.

Check out the contributions from October through December 31st.

You will notice $10,000+ in contributions from various PACS and politicians from all over the state.

Then compare that list to the Holland & Knight Committee for Responsible Government and you will notice that virtually everyone of those PACs and politicians who donated to Paulette received donations from the H&K PAC.

During this same time frame, H&K was being paid thousands and thousands by the Paulding County Board of Commissioners for their representation in our lawsuits.

Nice racket......

BOC pays H&K [well over $1.2 Million now since 2005] and in turn H&K donates to various Paulding candidates and PACs.

Your tax dollars at work.

• Like 2

What does the local GOP meeting location have to do with someone owing taxes?

I agree that it is BEST to not be in politics if you can't/haven't paid all of your taxes, but the links here just make no sense to me.

Have you been to the meeting room at the park? It is a great place for any organization to hold a meeting. Almost all of the elected officials representing Paulding County are Republicans and I assure you they are NOT criminals. One of them is actually our Boss Peace Officer. I think he is one of the most honest upstanding men I have ever met. :angry2:

How about David Ralston's $400,000 + federal tax debt?

Coupled with his lobbyist-funded vacation, I'd say his claim of being more ethical than his predecessor was a joke.

When there are two turds floating in the toilet it is hard to tell which one stinks the worst.

Neither should have ever held public office.

Kinda like our democratic appointee TIM Geitner "SP" and his 150,000$ in unpaid taxes when he was appointed to his position?

Have you been to the meeting room at the park? It is a great place for any organization to hold a meeting. Almost all of the elected officials representing Paulding County are Republicans and I assure you they are NOT criminals. One of them is actually our Boss Peace Officer. I think he is one of the most honest upstanding men I have ever met. :angry2:

Look lets keep it real,the last election showed that you would rather have a "R" next to a very seedy character she was not a true pilliar of the county. It did not matter she was elected,can't walk and chew bubble gum but she got elected. Next that great canidate for post 3 commissioner,ge her staff knew what was in her closet and ya'll still did not care. See there comes a time when you have to look at the individual rather than the party. Next your changing meeting places like dirty under wear. It shows how un-stable the special interest group is.

Smile if it hurts :yahoo:

• Like 1