Paulding.com

Community Service

churches will sometimes help with community service, also, try the animal shelter.

The Animal Shelter requires 18 or older unless the guardian stays with them the entire time, so do a lot of other places .... but Churches are different and may allow underage service.

The Animal Shelter requires 18 or older unless the guardian stays with them the entire time, so do a lot of other places .... but Churches are different and may allow underage service.

I didn't know about the age thing.... Thanks for the info!

My 16 year old daughter has to do 8 hrs. community service for a traffic citation. Can anyone tell me where she can do this? She has to have documentation showing that she has completed the required number of hours.

Try Must Ministries:

http://www.mustministries.org/

Churches and schools have been prohibited from offering this for several years now. You could try the American Legions, animal shelters, and other community-based entities.

i recommend Warehouse of Hope over on hunter road near hwy92 and the douglas / paulding line

yep. Salvation Army, Good Will, etc. These are acceptable.

Churches and schools have been prohibited from offering this for several years now. You could try the American Legions, animal shelters, and other community-based entities.

Actually, from what I understand, West Ridge Church has been working with the courts on community service.

bradsgirl06 - Wherever you go, make sure is somewhere that uses Community Service a lot so they're familiar with the rules and the paperwork.

Actually, from what I understand, West Ridge Church has been working with the courts on community service.

bradsgirl06 - Wherever you go, make sure is somewhere that uses Community Service a lot so they're familiar with the rules and the paperwork.

Unless something has changed recently, the probation doc's are very clear on these conditions. My mother pastored her own church for over 20 years. She was upset when the state changed the conditions, since she was no longer able to help people with C.S.

Unless something has changed recently, the probation doc's are very clear on these conditions. My mother pastored her own church for over 20 years. She was upset when the state changed the conditions, since she was no longer able to help people with C.S.

The Court or Probation Services where the offense occurred will have their own guidelines and list of approved Community Service providers.

Some courts or probation services do not allow community service to be performed at a church.

Some courts or probation services will allow community service to be performed at a church as long as a family member of the offender is not a pastor, deacon or elder of the church providing the community service.

Some courts or probation services will allow community service to be performed at a church as long as the church's Community Service program is preapproved by the court or probation service.

Normally the court or probation services will provide / have available to the offender a complete set of guidelines to follow. Failure to follow these guidelines in their entirety can result in the letter verifing completion of community service being rejected.

It's up to the offender to follow the court or probation service's quidelines.

Why is that? I would think that you would welcome the free help.

STATE LAW. Wherein, it may be possible for alternatives within a single county. But state law was as I implied earlier on prohibits churches and schools.

STATE LAW. Wherein, it may be possible for alternatives within a single county. But state law was as I implied earlier on prohibits churches and schools.

This is right they do not allow you to do community service at churches they will not accept it.you can do community service at parks,schools,thrift stores,humane society, animal shelters

This is right they do not allow you to do community service at churches they will not accept it.you can do community service at parks,schools,thrift stores,humane society, animal shelters

I am not 100% on the schools, but I thought they were lumped in with the churches as well. I actually did C.S. at Chattahoochee Tech about 17 years ago (the same school I graduated from) :lol: . But someone has told me that schools were no longer an option. They could have misinformed me.

Why is that? I would think that you would welcome the free help.

I honestly don't know but, the way I see it is that "IF" we did it for some, then we would have to do it for all. We can't have any child molesters, pedofiles, sexual predators and the likes, in our facility!!!!

I honestly don't know but, the way I see it is that "IF" we did it for some, then we would have to do it for all. We can't have any child molesters, pedofiles, sexual predators and the likes, in our facility!!!!

I understand and respect that.