Paulding.com

Dumb,dumb me

I did something very dumb today. My daughter and I both have pink eye- yippie.

I went to put the eye drops in her eyes that the doctor gave me and she was freaking out bc of the burn. I then put it in my eyes and started freaking out bc of the sting. I couldn't believe how bad they stung.

Then my son says "mommy those are ear drops"

So that is not the smartest thing I have ever done!

Yes funny but not really story :)

Pink eye must be going around; I worked with a woman yesterday who had to pick up her middle school daughter from school due to pink eye!

I hate that disease! So much washing of sheets, towels, clothes, door knobs, and switch plates in the house!!!!! :glare:

AND the drops!!!! :(

Get better soon. :wub:

OW! It's a good thing that you didn't blind yourselves!

My BIL's elderly grandmother thought she was putting eyedrops in her eyes but instead used crazy glue! She ended up in the ER and had one serious eye infection! She was lucky, too!

Ear drops in the eye might not be good... but crazy glue is BAD.

I worked with a woman who had dry eyes and contacts and she constantly would grab the eye drops out of her purse and put drops in her eyes. She did it so quickly you hardly noticed she had done it.

She also had acrylic nails. She had stuck the little bottle that is shaped like eye drops that has crazy glue in it in her purse to fix a nail.

Per usual she was talking and grabbed the bottle without looking at it put the drop in her first eye... then she realized something was wrong. She never thought about the fact the bottles were shapped the same...she always found the bottle by familiar feel since she did it so often.

The hospital said she was lucky because somehow the contact kept the glue from the important part of the eye... but they still had to get the glue off so her eye would open.

Since that I have always looked really closely befor putting in eyedrops. So many of the little bottles for ears, nose, and eyes are the same shape!

I'm dumber than I get credit for, around here.

I walked around thinking I had been experiencing a gout attack. I had had a gout attack, before, but this one was lasting longer, even though I had tripled up on gout medication.

After about a month of pain I decided to go to the doctor. The doctor ordered x-rays of my foot, and it turned out that I had a broken foot. I am now still wearing a big black boot on my foot. The doctor said I had made a serious situation a lot worse. :drinks:

Edited by The Postman

I did something very dumb today. My daughter and I both have pink eye- yippie.

I went to put the eye drops in her eyes that the doctor gave me and she was freaking out bc of the burn. I then put it in my eyes and started freaking out bc of the sting. I couldn't believe how bad they stung.

Then my son says "mommy those are ear drops"

So that is not the smartest thing I have ever done!

Yes funny but not really story :)

Know that pains but it's better than brushing your teeth with Preparation H...... :blush: