Paulding.com

Crime Scene

We just passed the little Church on Bob Hunton and there was crime scene tape, a car that had a blue tarp covering it and tons of police cars, ambulance and fire truck.It was only the one car, didnt appear to be an accident,unless they had taken the other cars away, and the ambulance lights were off, not getting ready to transport.

I do believe that the coroner drives a white Suburban????

That must have been who they were waiting on, because they were just all standing around, no urgency going on, ambulance not moving. Wish I knew what happened,I know its none of my business, but I live around this area, I guess if it was a murderer roaming around, we would know by now. Prayers for all involved.

I heard that someone in the vehicle had been shot. Of course you never know with rumors. I pray that is not what happened, and prayers for the family of the person as well.

Oh no, they must have already had the gunman in custody, because there was not an active search going on for a gunman. So sad, this is too close to home.

Oh no, they must have already had the gunman in custody, because there was not an active search going on for a gunman. So sad, this is too close to home.

Ummm, I'll make a guess here and say that since no one reported hearing a chase on the scanner - that the gun shot was self-inflicted. That would also explain - a lone car in a church parking lot with a blue tarp over it - while the sheriff's department and ambulance people stood nearby not doing anything. The coroner would most likely come out to confirm nothing suspicious had occurred.

• Like 1

Ummm, I'll make a guess here and say that since no one reported hearing a chase on the scanner - that the gun shot was self-inflicted. That would also explain - a lone car in a church parking lot with a blue tarp over it - while the sheriff's department and ambulance people stood nearby not doing anything. The coroner would most likely come out to confirm nothing suspicious had occurred.

Apparently nothing about this case was heard on the scanner, let alone a chase.

Edited by 2witty4u

Exactly what I was thinking. Prayers for the family.

May I ask "where" did you hear it from???

My mom's friend called her - and the friend knows some folks that go to that church, mentioning that someone realized the car had been there a while and looked and the person was deceased - with a gunshot wound.

Like I said - it has to be considered rumor since it was not eyewitness. Even if self- inflicted - prayers for the family.

It is strange to have been so quiet about it on the scanners yesterday.

And take them to his funeral home, not to the emergency room?????????????

If the person was dead, why go to the emergency room?

I would think that the coroner could declare someone deceased, but I know when a family member died at home in hospice care, the ambulance took him to the ER to be officially declared deceased. I think a doctor has to do it.

I would think that the coroner could declare someone deceased, but I know when a family member died at home in hospice care, the ambulance took him to the ER to be officially declared deceased. I think a doctor has to do it.

No my brother died at home and they did not take him to an ER the coroner does that.

They have to notify the closest member in the family .

The cororner will have to go over things with that person , if they want an autopsy or not .

Papers have to be signed

God bless this family

I thought that any unattended death required an autopsy?

Obviously, a person who was sick for a long time, "waiting" to die, would not require a autopsy (Dr. would verify death to authorities)...however, self inflicted or otherwise would require an autopsy to verify no "foul play", wouldn't it? That used to be the case :unsure:

I thought that any unattended death required an autopsy?

Obviously, a person who was sick for a long time, "waiting" to die, would not require a autopsy (Dr. would verify death to authorities)...however, self inflicted or otherwise would require an autopsy to verify no "foul play", wouldn't it? That used to be the case :unsure:

No one really said there wouldn't be an autopsy.

The discussion was whether or not a trip to the ER would be required...

I can't believe this discussion has even gone here. Apparently someone died...maybe...it looks like that...where does the desire to know cross the lines of basic decency?

• Like 2

No one really said there wouldn't be an autopsy.

The discussion was whether or not a trip to the ER would be required...

I can't believe this discussion has even gone here. Apparently someone died...maybe...it looks like that...where does the desire to know cross the lines of basic decency?

I think the discussion went there, when someone stated about the coroner taking the body to his funeral home instead of the emergency room, and it went from there.......

I live in a subdivision on BH, I was on my way in from south ga. That would have really bothered me.

We hear a lot of gunshots over here, being in sort of a bowl its hard to tell where it came from. People probably heard the shot and passed it off. How sad. You know they did it at a church for a reason, for solace I would imagine, rather than any other random parking lot.

I live in a subdivision on BH, I was on my way in from south ga. That would have really bothered me.

We hear a lot of gunshots over here, being in sort of a bowl its hard to tell where it came from. People probably heard the shot and passed it off. How sad. You know they did it at a church for a reason, for solace I would imagine, rather than any other random parking lot.

It was a very eery scene to see, especially now knowing what I know. That is all I will see in my head now when I passed that Church, I cant imagine what the people are going through that discovered the body. My heart breaks for that family, and I agree with you, there was a reason he picked that parking lot.

Did anyone ever find out for a FACT what happened at the church? From reading this I know it was a fact that there was a car covered with a tarp, crime scene tape and a white SUV. I don't think the rest was verified, was it? I might have missed something, that is why I am asking.

Did anyone ever find out for a FACT what happened at the church? From reading this I know it was a fact that there was a car covered with a tarp, crime scene tape and a white SUV. I don't think the rest was verified, was it? I might have missed something, that is why I am asking.

That's the gist of what I got....nothing but assumptions and rumors. :blink:

That's the gist of what I got....nothing but assumptions and rumors. :blink:

I think in all fairness you need to add deductions to your list of assumptions and rumors.

I would also suggest that the incident was aptly described as sad and disturbing, as any similar death investigation would be.

pubby

This has me bothered too. I came by there Friday night and saw a car pull into the parking lot. That church doesn't usually have a lot of traffic, so I noticed that it was out of the ordinary.

Now, I'm concerned that it was the car mentioned here, and that I should have stopped.