Paulding.com

Street Gang terrorism Act invoked in arrest of Dallas/Acworth youths

Two words: AWE SOME. Great work. Great work. Happy am I.

PS - If I were the mother of the 21yo, I'd thump him on the head for that idiot grin. That would be the second thump, though. ;)

Oh, and I wouldn't be bailing his arse out, either. I'd let him sit there and stew about where he was gonna come up with $37,800.

• Like 1

Could not agree more of couse he might try to sue for being a bad parent(lol)

PS - If I were the mother of the 21yo, I'd thump him on the head for that idiot grin. That would be the second thump, though. ;)

Oh, and I wouldn't be bailing his arse out, either. I'd let him sit there and stew about where he was gonna come up with $37,800.

I've learned one thing from this - don't eff with mei lan. Or PCSO, if it's been posted on pcom!

AWESOME JOB BY THE LEO and the concerned citizen that reported it.

NOW, as part of their probabtion they should be required to clean up our county. I will supply a broom and mop.

as part of their PROBATION???, how about part of their PAROLE after a few years in PRISON

• Like 2

They are only kids and my friends. I' m sure all of you people have done things you could get arrested for but go away with it. why do people love seeing other people fail or get in trouble? If anything you should feel horrible for these kids and pray for them. But instead you say " awesome". They are ALL good people who made bad decisions. Not "gangsters". Makes me sick how an adult can say things like this to young teenagers. If it was your child I know you wouldn't want every one talking about them. All of these guys life's will be changed forever, and , maybe for the better. Maybe they will make smarter choices and even meet the lord through this. Love you guys. Still my friends through hard times.

Zach Cummins

They are only kids and my friends. I' m sure all of you people have done things you could get arrested for but go away with it. why do people love seeing other people fail or get in trouble? If anything you should feel horrible for these kids and pray for them. But instead you say " awesome". They are ALL good people who made bad decisions. Not "gangsters". Makes me sick how an adult can say things like this to young teenagers. If it was your child I know you wouldn't want every one talking about them. All of these guys life's will be changed forever, and , maybe for the better. Maybe they will make smarter choices and even meet the lord through this. Love you guys. Still my friends through hard times.

Zach Cummins

Zach, I'm sure you want to be a friend and think that this is just so hard on them but the fact is they committed crimes. The crimes really hurt people. Maybe they didn't hurt people physically but they harmed people financially in many ways. These are not "kids." They are more than old enough to know better. They didn't make "a mistake" but committed crimes, crimes that I and my husband told our children were wrong from the time they were old enough to hear my voice. They don't need empathy. They need a swift kick in the ass and some good, old-fashioned punishment. People are fed up with this sort of crap. They thought only of themselves and the rest of us really don't give much of a damn about their punishment. They will be tried. They will be given a fair trial. They will have their rights protected. And, if they are found guilty, they should serve the punishment.

You seem to confuse compassion with a lack of anger over what they've done. We're mad. We've had this sort of crap done to innocent people too many times. If they felt so calloused towards people as to steal from them and then ruin their credit with fraud, then I'm sorry but they deserve some anger directed toward them and their actions. Sure, we have compassion but that doesn't mean we aren't fed up with that sort of stuff and the people that do these things.

We've had it. Up. To. Here.

And we're glad they've been caught.

And we'll be even more glad when they serve their time.

We will have plenty of time to talk about compassion after we get over our anger.

Edited by zoocrew
  • Like 3

Well Zach , I get your point but where were the folks and a slap on the wrist is not gunna get it, they will get out , and tell the other kids how they made out in the BIG HOUSE with peeps that teach them how to get over on the system and then what do we have..

Well, we will have bad parents who prolly don't give a scheeze and more of there friends wanting to join in on the rank of oh I have been there ,, there folks should be judged as well..

Zach Cummins

Zach,

I did pray for them. I prayed they would get caught and now I will pray they get punished.

• Like 5

I' m sure all of you people have done things you could get arrested for but got away with it.

NO, I did not do things I could get arrested for …I was a good kid!

Why do people love seeing other people fail or get in trouble?

People have been terrorized with break-ins and loss of property they did not have funds to replace. If these boys think it is no big deal, their ethics and morals are so nonexistent that hopefully the full prosecution of the law, the reality of prison, and a Judge giving them a sentence may help them see society does not allow for this crappy behavior.

They are ALL good people who made bad decisions.

Good kids don’t break into other people’s cars or houses. Good kids don’t go unsupervised by parents. Good kids don’t take credit cards of other people and use them.

If it was your child I know you wouldn't want every one talking about them.

Seriously are the parents that dense. I know where my 16 year old and 20 year old are, who they are hanging out with, what they buy themselves, and in general the money they make from their jobs and what they can afford to purchase for themselves.

So where did the parents of these three 17 year olds and one 21 year old think all the new items their kids suddenly had were coming from?

Granted my 20 year old is living at home while he is in college …if he were 21 and not living with us I wouldn’t know what he was up to … however I think if you are 21 and robbing neighborhoods you are not a “good kid” or “a good person.”

All of these guys lives will be changed forever, and , maybe for the better.

Let’s hope so... I hope they have a new epiphany about honor, integrity, honesty , respect, ethics, morals and apply it to their life.

Zach Cummins

Well, a few thoughts, Zach. You are obviously a compassionate young man, and I appreciate your loyalty to your friends.

But I disagree with a few things - First, a 21-year-old man is not a "kid". Thousands of 21-year-olds have served this country honorably in Iraq, Afghanistan, et al, and many of those didn't come home. I will grant you some leeway and agree that the others arrested are kids, and I do hope this scares the crap out of them and that they will walk the straight and narrow from now on.

Second, I can guarantee you that I personally have never done anything I could get arrested for, nor have most of my friends.

Third, I said "awesome" because I'm thrilled that people who were committing criminal acts of vandalism and theft and fraud have been caught, and that that behavior has been stopped. We live in this community, and our property values and bank accounts and sense of security are directly affected by the bad decisions of these young men.

Fourth, if they didn't want to be thought of as "gangsters" and didn't want people in the community talking about them, they shouldn't have acted like gangsters. I don't think I've ever heard guys working towards being an Eagle Scout called gangsters. There's a reason for that. ;) (Now, I don't think they are really gangsters; I think real gangsters would eat them for lunch.)

Fifth, I have worked with teenagers for years, and have enormous love for them. I'm in the process of writing several books for teenagers to encourage them and give them hope.

Finally, you got one key thing right in your post - they made bad decisions. I'm so thankful you didn't say "they made some mistakes". You, sir, have more insight than many adults, and I note that you were not among those arrested for making bad decisions. Way to go.

• Like 2

First off a child under the age of 18 should have their facebook setting as private....then I wouldn't think someone is a VERY cheezety parent to bail your kid out jail and give him no punishment.

Mom of the year goes to you, for giving the baby back his cellphone so he could update his status about being "out"! :wacko:

Edited by overit

as part of their PROBATION???, how about part of their PAROLE after a few years in PRISON

I agree!!! Probation my ass! These little jackasses snowflakes couldn't even follow the regular laws....now some think they will be able to follow ALL the rules that go along with probation.

I've had my id stolen...and my credit cards. I'd personally like to break every single one of their fingers!

Oh and Joseph...the men in prison like guys who look like you. All of these kids parents should be ASHAMED! The parents should be charged with something...(the ones with minors)To bad there isn't a I'm a stupid parent law!

I look at it this way, each boy made a conscience decision to do the crimes, so they need to do the time. Just be happy your friends got caught and are alive! They could have been shot dead or severely wounded during one of their breaking & entering excursions. One thing I’ve learned since living in Paulding County is the residents are armed and serious!

I have little sympathy toward thieves! I work hard for what I own and if I were one of the victims, I’d be pissed off!

:clapping:

I look at it this way, each boy made a conscience decision to do the crimes, so they need to do the time. Just be happy your friends got caught and are alive! They could have been shot dead or severely wounded during one of their breaking & entering excursions. One thing I've learned since living in Paulding County is the residents are armed and serious!

I have little sympathy toward thieves! I work hard for what I own and if I were one of the victims, I'd be pissed off!

Edited by TMMG

Zach, I'm sure you want to be a friend and think that this is just so hard on them but the fact is they committed crimes. The crimes really hurt people. Maybe they didn't hurt people physically but they harmed people financially in many ways. These are not "kids." They are more than old enough to know better. They didn't make "a mistake" but committed crimes, crimes that I and my husband told our children were wrong from the time they were old enough to hear my voice. They don't need empathy. They need a swift kick in the ass and some good, old-fashioned punishment. People are fed up with this sort of crap. They thought only of themselves and the rest of us really don't give much of a damn about their punishment. They will be tried. They will be given a fair trial. They will have their rights protected. And, if they are found guilty, they should serve the punishment.

You seem to confuse compassion with a lack of anger over what they've done. We're mad. We've had this sort of crap done to innocent people too many times. If they felt so calloused towards people as to steal from them and then ruin their credit with fraud, then I'm sorry but they deserve some anger directed toward them and their actions. Sure, we have compassion but that doesn't mean we aren't fed up with that sort of stuff and the people that do these things.

We've had it. Up. To. Here.

And we're glad they've been caught.

And we'll be even more glad when they serve their time.

We will have plenty of time to talk about compassion after we get over our anger.

:clapping: :drinks:

Zach Cummins

Zach:

This is Les. Well spoken young man.

As you know Zach, I know one of these kids pretty well. I hate that he has made these bad decisions and know that he will pay a price for having done so. I trust he (they) will learn from this and become better people as a result as you do. I do feel they need to be punished for their actions. However, it makes me sick reading some of the comments left on here by what I am assuming are adults! Thank God they were not the parent of the prodigal son! They would have changed the course of history! They apparently would have preferred that the son be stoned to death as was custom in the day.

Here are the things I know for a fact(As many statements have been made on here as fact by people who have their head up their proverbial "holier-than-thou ass"!):

1). The parents of the kid that I know are good people. They have not raised their son to behave, or treat others, in this fashion.

2). This kid has never been in this kind of trouble before. He IS NOT A CAREER CRIMINAL!

3). The parents both work & cannot be around their son 24/7. I know for a FACT that his time away from them & them not knowing where he was, & what he was doing was, at an absolute minimum based on their work requirements.

4).The parents are embarrassed & ashamed, & do NOT condone their son's actions. Those of you stating "They should be charged with something" are idiots! Get a grip! Not sure I believe in "Karma", but if it exists yours is right around the corner for letting your ignorance hang out your ears! They are both GOOD PEOPLE.

5). They have not posted his bond which they could easily do, allowing him to sit in jail & think about what he has done. They are doling out the "tough love" that some of you all couldn't do if you were in their shoes! You would run get your "little angels"!

6). Some of you making statements on here such as I KNOW where my... are at all times" are seriously, lovingly, parentally(my new word) blind. There are some very good teenagers, I agree. HOWEVER, the majority of them will test whatever the limits set for them are at some point in time. It is human nature.

6). Statements such as "ruined peoples credit" is a little over the top based on what I know. THEY ARE WRONG for doing what they did & should be punished but don't make more out of it than what it is. It is bad enough without your embellishing the situation.

Judge not, lest ye be judged! Just saying. Seems to be a lot of self righteousness on this site. Didn't know we lived among so many modern day Saints.

God bless you Zach for your words about, & to, your friends.

• Like 4

Havinfun:

I can empathize with the parents and in some ways, the predicament these kids find themselves in, comes from a larger failure than theirs. I know it is trite to suggest that the vast wasteland of suburbia and the boredom it engenders - not to mention the necessity of two parents working hard - is at least partly responsible.

How so ... it is that old saying, idle hands are the devils workshop.

With teenage and young adult unemployment well above the already high levels we are experiencing, it is if nothing else, predictable that some kids will make bad decisions. In my day (and time) of youth, kids like this were often given the opportunity to enlist in the service in lieu of spending time in lockup. Some were able to use that option to regain their grip on the straight and narrow that way.

Regardless it is predictable that youth will commit crimes like this and it is equally predictable that victims and friends of victims of these kinds of crimes will feel violated. And feeling such, their rebuke of these kids is also predictable.

I think we all wish that the crimes had never happened but it is good that they have been found out and the notion that 'if no one knows, it is okay' has been again proven wrong.

It was not okay and it never was okay to steal.

pubby

not like they just painted GANG SH** on a wall. you got entering auto, card fraud, theft by taking and many other serious charges. I'm not a fan of P. pressure, they all knew what they were doing was illegal and they chose to do it anyhow. IF YOUR PLAY, YOU GOTTA PAY.

Pubby,

Agreed.

I certainly believe, as do this boys parents, that stealing is WRONG and punishment is deserved. However, some of the comments made on this post are certainly the posters right; while at the same time they are way over the top or out of line.

As usual, we do not concern ourselves a lot with truth or facts. On the other hand, we mostly run with just what we have heard or read.

Thanks for your words.

I do not know Zach , but you sound like a wise & Christian man . And a loyal friend . Your parents must be awesome because you are . You will go far in life . stay positive & strong ..

I have just noticed that there are 686 reads on this post and 20 posts .

I respect the Paulding County Sheriff department and I am sure they will do what is best for these boys .

What they did was terribly wrong on so many levels and it will be dealt with . But I hope and pray that they will get help .

They are young , and I hope society will help rehabilitate so they can go to college and grow up to have normal lives. I pray the victims of this crime will get their finances repaired . I do not know these boys , but I have heard 1 is very sweet and his classmates are surprised. It breaks my heart for them and their parents .

I am alittle sensitive to bashing because I have been to monthly suicide survivor support groups . Yes, this is not the subject .. But I have heard so many stories of what families have gone through with teen bullying , gossip , adult finances, depression & just feeling hopeless . So I am sensitive to how I talk about people . And I have taught my children to be just as sensitive/respectful. The damage is done , lets move forward now .

As far as careers go . Some of the best doctors have been through family illness. Some of the best psychologists have had huge family challenges. Some of our best leaders have had hard times .

So we should not give up on people young or old .

Edited by stbarts
  • Like 1

Pubby,

Agreed.

I certainly believe, as do this boys parents, that stealing is WRONG and punishment is deserved. However, some of the comments made on this post are certainly the posters right; while at the same time they are way over the top or out of line.

As usual, we do not concern ourselves a lot with truth or facts. On the other hand, we mostly run with just what we have heard or read.

Thanks for your words.

the law states your innocent till proven guilty and charges are just charges. if they're proven guilty then the law determines their punishment. i will never blame a parent for what their 17,18, 21 year old kid does. we all know that we can teach them and tell them but when they get to a certain age all we can do is hope it sank in. so to the parents of these kids, I don't hold you responsible but they should pay for their crimes