Paulding.com

the transportation people always deal with these situations calmly and professionally - I don't think they have permanently misplaced a kid yet.....

Permanently or not, my kid would be so freeked out, it would take a lifetime to get over it. We are talking about 5 year olds. And I would be a total basket case wonderings how scared she was.

I am sure the girl just got on the wrong bus and did not even realize she was going new places.

I did that once when I was about 6 or 7. I assure everyone, it isn't as traumatizing as you think. I was more afraid of getting in trouble for not paying attention than I was of being lost haha.

I did that when I was about that age. A couple of the buses changed routes and I didn't know it. I got on the wrong bus and I noticed I didn't recognize any of the kids. I just sat there on the bus quietly until a neighbor chased the bus down looking for me. That was way before the drivers had a radio system to talk to each other. It frightened my mom and the neighbor. I bet the little girl today did about the same thing.

Edited by gaheart

Happens all the time. Kids sometimes fall asleep and wake up after u pass their stop or just dont pay attention.

My wee one falls asleep all the time during the bus route. Has been since Kindergarten. We are so lucky that the driver realizes this happens and wakes him up when she gets to our stop. It also helps that the younger ones sit in the front of the bus.

We :wub: our bus driver

I do the same thing. All the kindergarten and 1st grade stay with me but there is still an occasion when a child doesn't ride the bus everyday to not realize they are on. My parents know I will take care of them and bring them home.

My wee one falls asleep all the time during the bus route. Has been since Kindergarten. We are so lucky that the driver realizes this happens and wakes him up when she gets to our stop. It also helps that the younger ones sit in the front of the bus.

We :wub: our bus driver

• Like 1

I know its hard to not get upset when your baby doesn't get off the bus but the good news is that they are still on it and not lost. People need to cut everyone at school some slack. Accidents do happen and there isn't anyone that wakes up in the morning and says

"think I'll lose someones kid today"

and to parents...you might not think much about it when you change your kids mode of transportation every so often but those changes can be confusing to the teachers and bus drivers. It may seem trivial but they get used to a routine just like the kids. If you make changes often you are bound to end up with a misplaced kid. Trust me, I know first hand :lol:

And my final tidbit is communicate with your kids. Be sure they know how they are getting home from school and be sure they know what bus and where they live.

Oh and if it makes anyone feel better, the little ones aren't let off the bus unless there is an adult/parent visible. At least thats what our driver does. She also delays leaving to be sure the kids go in the house.

Have I mentioned how amazing she is and how safe I feel my kids are when they are on her bus? :wub:

• Like 4

I could never, ever be a bus driver or teacher. Not enough money in the world. In elementary we had two bus drivers who were so wonderful, the best ever. Now in middle school I don't know the bus driver but the kid likes her. When the kid was "missing" one time in first grade, the bus barn was hopping, the principal was ready to drive to my house and the bus driver was already back at the house. I was at work, husband forgot (derp!) and the kid was found when the teacher called the house & she answered. Husband left the door unlocked (again, derp!) kid came in, she said she cried for a minute, then turned on a movie & got a popsicle. Totally our fault but they were in action like their hair was on fire. I still can't thank them enough.