Paulding.com

Stop lights

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that all intersections coming off of 278 that have a stop light, that the wait time for it to change keeps increasing. Who can look at the time we are sitting at those intersections waiting to turn onto 278? I know it maybe a impostion for drivers to have to slow down and stop more often on 278 but it may save lives in the long run and it will make turning onto 278 alot easier. Anyone else agree?

278 has much more traffic volume than the cross streets so in turn it must have longer periods of right of way to keep congestion down.

Someone needs to explain this to the person who did the light at Lost Mtn and Dallas Hwy. My commute home is always smooth riding from East Cobb all the way to Dallas with the exception of the area between the Lost Mtn Park and getting through the light at Lost Mtn. Those people on Lost Mtn just need to park and wait! LOL

Someone needs to explain this to the person who did the light at Lost Mtn and Dallas Hwy. My commute home is always smooth riding from East Cobb all the way to Dallas with the exception of the area between the Lost Mtn Park and getting through the light at Lost Mtn. Those people on Lost Mtn just need to park and wait! LOL

I used to come home that way occasionally.

I feel for ya brother!

I hate the wait at Cleburne Parkway and 278. If you get there just as the light on Cleburne turns red, you might as well get out a book because you're going to be there for awhile. Oglesby Road (in Powder Springs) is bad, too.

Westside is bad, also or it used to be anyway.

I rarely go Westside and when I do, I'm turning right onto 278 to go toward Austell. Rarely do I try to turn left off 278. And Humphries Hill just irritates the daylights of me with NO turn sign on Humphries Hill, but yet they have turn lanes.

Westside is bad, also or it used to be anyway.

I just got home from dropping hubby off at the Florence Road trailhead for the Silver Comet Trail. We go to Oglesby, turn left on 278, then turn left on Florence. Lots of traffic heading toward Bankhead Highway but no problem turning. Since the traffic is so bad this early in the morning, I decided to bypass that way home and come through Powder Springs down the new Lewis Road. I turned in town and it was clear sailing to 278. Apparently the light had just turned red for Oglesby because I had to sit there and sit there and sit there. Finally the other side got a turn light and a green light. We still sat there and sat there. The light for 278 turned green again and we didn't get a light. The car in front of me, me, the police car and another car all turned left, went to Brownsville and turned left. This is NOT the first time this has happened. A couple of weeks ago, I actually turned right on 278, left on Brownsville, left on Hiram Lithia and was turning onto my street when I saw the car that had been in front of me pass by.

This is absolutely ridiculous! And has been going on for years! That is THE worst traffic light. You might or might not get a green light if you're on Oglesby. Fortunately, I know every backroad in eastern Paulding, northern Douglas and southwest Cobb and can find my way to where I'm going without having to take just one particular road. I have driven so far out of my way this week to avoid road construction, non-functioning traffic lights, slow traffic, etc that it isn't even funny.