Paulding.com

LASIK, EARTHQUAKES AND NOW

What a week.

Getting used to seeing again after wearing glasses for over 30 years. I went from 20/250 20/350 to 20/15 and 20/20. Close up vision was very blurry at first but it is getting better everyday. Dry eyes are almost gone!

Then yesterday while I was sitting at work, the building shook, I work right off the hanger, I thought a plane hit the building at first. No it was just an earthquake.

Worst part was not being able to get in touch with the kids or my husband for at least 40 minutes.

Left work and a homeless looking guy was holding a cardboard sign saying JESUS is coming!!!

Have not felt any aftershocks and today was the kids first day back to school.

Now I will go to the store to stock up on water and bread for the hurricane coming this weekend.

What a week.

Getting used to seeing again after wearing glasses for over 30 years. I went from 20/250 20/350 to 20/15 and 20/20. Close up vision was very blurry at first but it is getting better everyday. Dry eyes are almost gone!

Then yesterday while I was sitting at work, the building shook, I work right off the hanger, I thought a plane hit the building at first. No it was just an earthquake.

Worst part was not being able to get in touch with the kids or my husband for at least 40 minutes.

Left work and a homeless looking guy was holding a cardboard sign saying JESUS is coming!!!

Now I will go to the store to stock up on water and bread for the hurricane coming this weekend.

LOL! That was a shaker! My grandson thought the dinosaurs were coming...I'm right here with ya!

LOL! That was a shaker! My grandson thought the dinosaurs were coming...I'm right here with ya!

The kids said all that went on in the house was the blinds shaking and the dog didn't even bark :blink:

They didn't know to go outside, I never thought to give my kids earthquake tips.

Glad you are OK.

Glad to hear that your families are all safe, DC Red and Fotogirl. I will keep you all in my thoughts as Irene makes her way toward the coast, although I really hope she turns and goes east.

People in North Carolina will be saying Goodnight Irene, this weekend.

http://youtu.be/nGd4jkaoHRg

[/quot

"Goodnight Irene" has been on my mind since I first heard of this storm. My dad used to say it every night to us before going to bed. None of us were named Irene, it was just something he used to say.

People in North Carolina will be saying Goodnight Irene, this weekend.

http://youtu.be/nGd4jkaoHRg

[/quot

"Goodnight Irene" has been on my mind since I first heard of this storm. My dad used to say it every night to us before going to bed. None of us were named Irene, it was just something he used to say.

I like old Willie Nelson, a great deal. Your dad, was a cool man, too, just for thinking Goodnight Irene. Blue eyes crying in the rain is also a goody by Willie. :drinks:

The kids said all that went on in the house was the blinds shaking and the dog didn't even bark :blink:

They didn't know to go outside, I never thought to give my kids earthquake tips.

Glad you are OK.

D...R,

I want to apologize for my rudeness in coming onto your post and making it something you didn't intend it to be.

I am also glad you, Fg, and the kids are OK! :wub:

Glad you are OK.

Adults can understand and rationalize what is going on. The kids, who live on the East coast, most of have never experienced a quake are the ones that need to have everything explained to. I would think it would be very scary for little ones.

Glad everyone is OK.

What a week.

DC o just tried to send you a PM clean ur box "please"

We found all of our friends and families up there - actually on FB. The cell system was jammed or down.

Hubby's DC folks sent out "what to do in the event of an earthquake' instructions. :)! I thought it was funny. And, he had to account for the whereabouts of all of his staff. Here, in GA.

I still say that. It was a very popular song back when.

Glad you are OK.

We shook pretty bad, but no damage. Now to get through the hurricane...

Guest Hi~ho Silver

It looks like we will dodge the bullet here but I won't be comfortable until the storm moves north. I don't think I would try to ride the storm out, it's not looking to good.