Paulding.com

Earthquake? Explosion far off?

I am sitting here not touching my desk or the lamp and I swear they are moving back and forth ever so gently.

They just stopped, and I tried to make them move in a similar manner by moving my chair, or shaking my feet , or whatever, and I can't.

Weird.

I am sitting here not touching my desk or the lamp and I swear they are moving back and forth ever so gently.

They just stopped, and I tried to make them move in a similar manner by moving my chair, or shaking my feet , or whatever, and I can't.

Weird.

There was an earthquake in Virginia! 5.2 I believe.

Weird.

Strange.

They said the one in Washington was felt as far away as Tennessee.

Weird.

Same thing here. I was trying to figure out what was making my monitor shake. I thought my dog was underneath the desk scratching or something. Wow!

I've learned there are two places you don't want to be in certain circumstances. #1--you don't want to be in a stucco building during a hurricane. I was during Katrina. We watched pieces of the building go flying across Main Street, narrowing missing one guy who was walking down the sidewalk. #2--you don't want to be in a 130+ year old building, on the second floor, during an earthquake. Seriously, I thought a big truck when through downtown Dallas. I could have looked out the building, I guess.

Note to Pubby: did you notice the quake? It never occurred to me that it was an earthquake but I sure noticed the desk bouncing and my bottle of water shaking. :blink: :wacko:

They say now that the National Cathedral was damaged as well as slight damage to the Pentagon. All monuments are closed for inspection, and a Nuclear plant near the epicenter shut down automatically without incident and is functioning as designed in such a situation.

Also of interest is that Colorado suffered the largest quake there in 40 years. a 5.3.

I felt it. I was on the sofa (big surprise there) and my husband was in the kitchen. Not exactly sure what he was doing in there and I said, "What are you doing in there? You're shaking the whole house".. but he opened & closed the fridge so I thought that was it. We weren't online or watching tv or anything so I didn't know. We started watching Dexter & then I got online & saw it. Nothing fell off the walls, I wasn't thrown in the floor, I just felt a vibration in the sofa... insert joke here...... LOL..

I laid down to take a nap just before 2pm.

I had a headache all day.

Shortly after laying down, I remember thinking, "what the heck is running outside? Or did Papi leave the air compressor on in the basement or something?"

Don't know if it was the earthquake or not.

But, that was my experience.

I've learned there are two places you don't want to be in certain circumstances. #1--you don't want to be in a stucco building during a hurricane. I was during Katrina. We watched pieces of the building go flying across Main Street, narrowing missing one guy who was walking down the sidewalk. #2--you don't want to be in a 130+ year old building, on the second floor, during an earthquake. Seriously, I thought a big truck when through downtown Dallas. I could have looked out the building, I guess.

Note to Pubby: did you notice the quake? It never occurred to me that it was an earthquake but I sure noticed the desk bouncing and my bottle of water shaking. :blink: :wacko:

I didn't notice a thing. I'm kind of focused like that ... it also explains why I'm blindsided a lot too :)

pubby

I didn't look over at you but did notice my bottle of water shaking like crazy. I just thought "big truck going too fast".

I can't wait to see what my granddaughter says. She is in DC. By the time next week comes, she may be ready to come back to Georgia. Car stolen first day in town, fourth day in town they have an earthquake and apparently the hurricane will have an impact on them. Geez. She sure picked a time to move there!

I didn't notice a thing. I'm kind of focused like that ... it also explains why I'm blindsided a lot too :)

pubby