Paulding.com

Am I the only one who read the Paulding neighbor?

I get really tired of picking that "newspaper" up off my driveway every damn week. What a waste of newsprint. It goes straight into the dumpster. I wish there were a way to put a stop to them littering the neighborhoods. They are so stupid that they even throw copies on the driveways of obviously vacant houses.

Can you tell that's one of my pet peeves?

• Like 1

I get really tired of picking that "newspaper" up off my driveway every damn week. What a waste of newsprint. It goes straight into the dumpster. I wish there were a way to put a stop to them littering the neighborhoods. They are so stupid that they even throw copies on the driveways of obviously vacant houses.

Can you tell that's one of my pet peeves?

They quit delivering to our neighborhood in N Paulding years ago. Very rarely have I missed it.

Consultant = somebody that likes to hear themselves talk. Mainly bull crap.

He and several others in this county got rich off of all they did. Between the new courthouse and the Hiram Parkway--there are several families living very high on the hog!!! One family in particular is making a mint off the Hiram Parkway for at least the third time????

The article made no mention of the debt he left us with. Bonds for the Taj; Upkeep for the airport;$1,000,000+ spent on frivilous litigation paid to some of his major contributors; Depleting the reserve funds, etc.

Oh and the little tidbit about The Facility Group having some legal issues in Mississippi left out the fact 2 of TFG principals pled guilty and went to jail for those illegal campaign donations.

• Like 5

Hasn't your mama ever taught you that "If you dont have anything nice to say about someone then keep your mouth shut".

That is funny considering your quotes & sayings you have under all of your posts. lol :)

Now if you know my momma, she'd tell you that duct tape couldn't keep this mouth shut.

And that is the truth lmao

• Like 2

Caroline, you been talkin to my momma? You know she's on facebook now :wacko: hahahahaa! Surepip, I'm certain it was a slow news week at the Neighbor?? Seeing him on the front page with a "feel good" article was like a slap in the face!

Yes I talk to your momma. How do you think we keep you in check lol

• Like 1

I started to comment on this but decided it would be best not to seeing how I know the former commissioner. So I will be polite about the rude comments because I do not want to cause problems. :) :closedeyes:

I started to comment on this but decided it would be best not to seeing how I know the former commissioner. So I will be polite about the rude comments because I do not want to cause problems. :) :closedeyes:

Oh there was quite a few of us who KNEW he former commissioner.

There ought to be better laws.

i think that Jerry did a lot for this county, he was the only one that

did anything for the West side of the county. The old saying for the good

that ran the county was that civilization ended at the Punkinvine, and

no money or services was every spent on this side of the Punkinvine.

The Airport and the proposed industral park to provide jobs for people

on this side of the county was a first. the park at Burnt Hickory was

the first real good service we ever got, before we only got the crumbs.

Yes, I liked jerry, and would vote for him again.

i think that Jerry did a lot for this county, he was the only one that

did anything for the West side of the county. The old saying for the good

that ran the county was that civilization ended at the Punkinvine, and

no money or services was every spent on this side of the Punkinvine.

The Airport and the proposed industral park to provide jobs for people

on this side of the county was a first. the park at Burnt Hickory was

the first real good service we ever got, before we only got the crumbs.

Yes, I liked jerry, and would vote for him again.

Well you would be very much in the minority. I believe the vote tally was 71% to 29% ?

King Jerry looked after his large donors, and he looked after them well. Lawyers like Holland & Knight, commercial builders like The Facility Group, and of course the myriad of Robber Baron Mega Developers.

And they looked after him.

In his lame duck last 6 months in office he killed the Richland Creek Resevoir, moving it to the bottom of the list at the Corp of Engineers.

So long and don't let the door hit 'ya where the Lord split 'ya.drinks.gif

surepip, I don't know why you don't hold the current bunch accountable. They have dragged their feet since 2008 on Richland Creek as well as continued to drag you to court...

By all means I do hold them accountable. They, as did their predecessors, continue to throw good money after bad simply to protect a developer and department heads who did wrong. I am disgusted with the whole group, and with our Judicial System which they continue to abuse.

When we met with commissioners 2 at a time, we were told plain and simply their attorney had told them they did not have to pay the legal fees. They offered us HALF, and to give us back the property they allowed the developer to steal. So we get back what is rightfully ours, and only have to eat $200,000 to get it back. Isn't that SPECIAL.

The Judge ruled.

The Judge allowed 2 full days in court for us to prove our legal fees and for them to present evidence to the contrary. And we had to have 2 days instead of 1 because THEIR attorney found a clerical error in the Judges original ruling where one of the case numbers was ommitted.

The Judge awarded us a Judgement for 100% of our legal fees, in excess of $265,000,

So the sorry ass bastards appeal because it took so long to hear the motions and issue the rulings and they themselves stalled the final hearing for 6 months. I have no use for any of them and find them to be less than fair minded people. They are doing us wrong, and they know it, but continue on anyway.

They have stolen more than property from us....they have stolen 5 years of our lives.

As far as Richland Creek, I learned when doing some digging, correspondence from the Corp of Engineers to the county asking for more information and requesting various studies, etc., WENT UNANSWERED from August 2008 until after Austin took office, while King Jerry sulked over his ass-whooping.

Included in the correspondence was a letter stating the Corp would be dropping Richland Creek as a viable project if they did not have a reply from the county by a certain date. No reply was sent, and they dropped Richland Creek down to the bottom of the list.

Thanks King Jerry. Apparently no one with the Richland Creek project donated to his war chest.

• Like 1

don't you think anti-incumbent sentiment ruled the nation in '08 - you know "change?"

nope most incumbents got relected state wide we only rid ourselves of the tax and spend politicans in Paulding County