Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
MarkPalm

The In Laws Are Coming

My MIL and AIL (Aunt In Law) are coming for their yearly visit next month. They arrive on Saturday 9/17 and leave the following Friday. J will be in school most of that week during the day so I need evening activities. I've looked at fall festivals but most of the dates don't work for us. We were thinking of taking them to play bingo one night. Where's your favorite bingo hall? Also what other suggestions do you have. We've done Atlanta and Chattanooga on previous visits. I'm trying to stay as close to home as I can this trip. So, what you got?

• Like 1

My MIL and AIL (Aunt In Law) are coming for their yearly visit next month. They arrive on Saturday 9/17 and leave the following Friday. J will be in school most of that week during the day so I need evening activities. I've looked at fall festivals but most of the dates don't work for us. We were thinking of taking them to play bingo one night. Where's your favorite bingo hall? Also what other suggestions do you have. We've done Atlanta and Chattanooga on previous visits. I'm trying to stay as close to home as I can this trip. So, what you got?

Cave Spring and the antique shops. It's a quaint little town and the cave is small but interesting. Feeding the fish is a lot of fun and the food is only 25 cents a bag. The trout are huge!! Sorry can't catch them, only feed them. Good for an afternoon trip.

Cave Spring and the antique shops. It's a quaint little town and the cave is small but interesting. Feeding the fish is a lot of fun and the food is only 25 cents a bag. The trout are huge!! Sorry can't catch them, only feed them. Good for an afternoon trip.

I forgot to include Cave Spring as something we've done. We took them there on their first visit four years ago. LOL. But you're right. I love it there.

Booth Western Museum in Cartersville. Then head over to eat at the Fruit Jar Cafe.

I do not like art or museums but this place is AWESOME.

What have they enjoyed doing in the past?

I thought of several things, but they're all daytrips. I thought of suggesting the laser show at Stone Mountain, but they might be too tired on the Saturday they arrive to go all the way out there.

Too bad they're not coming the week before - that's the weekend of the Yellow Daisy Festival.

Have you taken them to Helen? It's a little bit of a drive so it may not make sense this time. You could do a trip up to Ellijay or Amicolola Falls - I'm not sure when the apple festival starts.

Motherhood the Musical starts on 9/20 at the 14th Street Playhouse - it's supposed to be hysterical (but maybe only if you're a mom).

September should be a great time to drive into Atlanta and pick a fun place to eat where you can sit outside and people watch and walk around after dinner.

We've done everything you can think of in Atlanta. Last year we did Chattanooga. We've done Helen, Ellijay, Jasper, Blue Ridge. We've done everything on the NW part of the state as well. I guess what I need is close to home (Paulding/Polk) and something completely off the wall.

We have not done the Booth Museum so I'm considering that. We have done Tellus.

We've done everything you can think of in Atlanta. Last year we did Chattanooga. We've done Helen, Ellijay, Jasper, Blue Ridge. We've done everything on the NW part of the state as well. I guess what I need is close to home (Paulding/Polk) and something completely off the wall.

We have not done the Booth Museum so I'm considering that. We have done Tellus.

The Booth museum is great. If they are active people you can head to the Indian Mounds afterward.

I do not play myself.

However, there is a mexican restaurant at Seven Hills that has weekly bingo games.

I will try to find the name of it.

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:unsure:

I won't step foot in a plane so there's no way I'm going to jump out of one. LOL...

These women are in their 50's. Bingo would be good for their age group. Does the Paulding Legion on Scoggins still do Bingo? Any idea on the cost to play?

I won't step foot in a plane so there's no way I'm going to jump out of one. LOL...

These women are in their 50's. Bingo would be good for their age group. Does the Paulding Legion on Scoggins still do Bingo? Any idea on the cost to play?

Sweet Jesus.

:huh: :o :nea:

Let me tell you something, you young whippersnapper: MANY women in their fifties are completely capable of doing anything they did in their twenties, only better.

:p

• Like 3

Sweet Jesus.

Let me tell you something, you young whippersnapper: MANY women in their fifties are completely capable of doing anything they did in their twenties, only better.

:clapping: what she said ^^^^^^^ young whippersnapper

• Like 1

Sweet Jesus.

Sorry to offend. I'm only 15 years from 50 myself. I just mean to say, that's more their speed. They don't act like they're in their 50's. They act like they're in their 70's. So I'm sure the Bingo thing is right up their alley.

:pardon:

:clapping: what she said ^^^^^^^ young whippersnapper

Did y'all hear something?

I know they used to do Bingo on Monday and Thursday. It's been so long I don't even know if they do it anymore.

Have you done Callaway Gardens?? The butterfly house is so cool!!

A nice play or performance at the Fox and a Buckhead excursion could be fun.

There's a gold museum in Villa Rica.

young whippersnapper how close to home do you want to stay? is there anything going on at the Dallas theater that week? do they like Elvis? Jeff will be at the dallas theater on the 20th I believe.

There is also a Gone with the wind museum in marrietta

Sorry to offend. I'm only 15 years from 50 myself. I just mean to say, that's more their speed. They don't act like they're in their 50's. They act like they're in their 70's. So I'm sure the Bingo thing is right up their alley.

I know they used to do Bingo on Monday and Thursday. It's been so long I don't even know if they do it anymore.

we have been there and my husband panned for gold... that is a neat little place... so pretty..

So I'm sure the Bingo thing is right up their alley.

American Legion on Scoggins rd. every Monday and Thursday

We haven't done Callaway but that's farther than time will allow this trip.

I've thought of the Fox and I'm still looking into that.

I want to keep them from Atlanta if at all possible.

The gold museum might be cool. I'll look into that.

young whippersnapper how close to home do you want to stay? is there anything going on at the Dallas theater that week? do they like Elvis? Jeff will be at the dallas theater on the 20th I believe.

There is also a Gone with the wind museum in marrietta

we have been there and my husband panned for gold... that is a neat little place... so pretty..

I'd like to not go more than an hour's drive if I can help it. I am not an Elvis fan and I can't abide impersonators. Although J's mom loves Elvis so I may have to go. UGH...

We've done the GWTW Museum on the square.

OK Whippersnapper here's the info on the Bingo. BTW, I played in my 30s. I'm much too mature for that boring stuff anymore. :D

http://www.ildado.com/bingo_halls_usa_georgia.html

Thanks to you and grumps for this info.

They had bingo when you were in your 30s? Really? Was it hot back then waiting for the earth to cool?

I'd like to not go more than an hour's drive if I can help it. I am not an Elvis fan and I can't abide impersonators. Although J's mom loves Elvis so I may have to go. UGH...

They had bingo when you were in your 30s? Really? Was it hot back then waiting for the earth to cool?

:o you may not live long enough to entertain your in laws 8)

Alright smarty, you got it all wrong. It was the horse and buggy days............dinosaurs were old fashioned by then. :p

:o you may not live long enough to entertain your in laws 8)

I'm not scared of you. Hell you won't even introduce yourself when you're standing two feet from me. And naturegirl doesn't scare me either.

Alright smarty, you got it all wrong. It was the horse and buggy days............dinosaurs were old fashioned by then. :p

BTW- I'd love to take them to Paulding Meadows but that's a weekend too early. Can you do something about that?

If you are a fast driver Blue Ridge is not that far away take them on the train ride (that is if you can drive fast since you do not won;t to go more then an hour away) :p or Elijah to the apple farms... or to Dahlonega :pardon:

I'm not scared of you. Hell you won't even introduce yourself when you're standing two feet from me. And naturegirl doesn't scare me either.

BTW- I'd love to take them to Paulding Meadows but that's a weekend too early. Can you do something about that?

Well, silly tell them to come a week earlier.

If you are a fast driver Blue Ridge is not that far away take them on the train ride (that is if you can drive fast since you do not won;t to go more then an hour away) :p or Elijah to the apple farms... or to Dahlonega :pardon:

They've done all of that in past trips.

:rofl:

This saturday ELVIS will be at the Dallas Theatre

ELVIS ... Click to Listen

No, Elvis is dead. Someone playing Elvis will be at the Dallas Theatre. And if someone else is there the week they are here in September I might think about taking them. Might.

They've done all of that in past trips.

well dang young whippersnapper you are not making this easy... take them to shorter Alabama gambling :ninja:

Sweet Jesus.

HAHAHAHAA

Well, silly tell them to wait a week.

Trust me I wish they would. They come every year and they've barely gotten off the plane before the conversation of when they should come the following year begins. It's insane. They went home last year, decided they wanted to wait until September to come down this year and booked the tickets within a few days of being home. It's insane I tell you. I do love them though. It's just harder this year because J will be in school the whole week. He'll have Saturday, Sunday and evenings with them. So I need to try my best to stay close to home. That's why I was thinking Bingo. Ma mentioned craft fairs but I can't find any that work with the schedule.

when does the cobb county fair come to town? ( I should know this but I forgot)

What's playing at the Theater on the Square in Mayretta that week/weekend? Would they like something like that?

young whippersnapper just drop them off at the pcom office and let them watch pubby all day that should be entertaining :pardon:

• Like 1

stone mountain?

Done it.

What's playing at the Theater on the Square in Mayretta that week/weekend? Would they like something like that?

Yes, good suggestion. Thanks