Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Eddie Bennett

Does Anyone Use MagicJack For Phone Service?

I am nor worried about messages, because I have been told that I can hear messages by getting on my PC and pulling them up.

What are some other things that I will have to get used to? :drinks:

You have to have a pretty fast computer. We were very frustrated by it at first. But, now that I have a new computer - it's actually quite nice. Slower machines just can't handle the magic jack.

I've seen the ooma and was going to get one until I realized that it was a computer speed issue.

When magic jack pulls up on the computer it pulls up the number and if your phone has caller id, it pulls it up as well. I like my magic jack for the price it works good enough for me. We only have the basic.

My DIL has Magic jack. I don't know for sure if she has caller ID, but she always knows it's me when I call. So she either has caller ID or ESP. LOL She does have static. Most of the time when I call her, she has to call me back because of the static. She loves it.

My DIL has Magic jack. I don't know for sure if she has caller ID, but she always knows it's me when I call. So she either has caller ID or ESP. LOL She does have static. Most of the time when I call her, she has to call me back because of the static. She loves it.

Does she have more than on phone operating off MagicJack? Like when she gets a call can she answer it in different rooms in the house?

Thanks for your information, M J R, and everyone else's above. I will just let everybody know how I appreciate it, in my reply to you. :drinks:

Does she have more than on phone operating off MagicJack? Like when she gets a call can she answer it in different rooms in the house?

Thanks for your information, M J R, and everyone else's above. I will just let everybody know how I appreciate it, in my reply to you. :drinks:

I have our cordless phone base plugged into the magic jack - so yes - all the phones in the house work.

I am nor worried about messages, because I have been told that I can hear messages by getting on my PC and pulling them up.

What are some other things that I will have to get used to? :drinks:

I have tested the MajicJack with not much success. I had issue with my fax, call waiting, and call forwarding. I also tested OOMA which is a similar voice over ip device. I like the OOMA device it seems to be a more mature and elevated service over MajicJack. The OOMA device costs $299.00 however you never pay a monthly fee for phone service ever. Long distance outside the U.S. is economical rate. You also read and/or play your messages on the web. That being said if you have a smart phone you'll will have the ability to check voice mails from anywhere you have cell phone service.

we've been using Magic Jack for about a year; incoming calls are often filled with static and we have to return call..does have caller ID; we use 5 cordless phones easily with it. Our main problem, is we can't give it to dr or businesses because we may not be able to hear when they call, AND it's a real pain to retrieve messages.

But to be out from under the gigantic AT&T is a wonderful feeling.

Also, you have to leave your computer on 24/7; when the computer updates, you lose your call!!

Edited by ohmygosh