Paulding.com

"I have to walk because Jaguars don't roll, they run."

The first short walk six-year-old Luke Akerstrom took since a rare form of encephalitis unexpectedly struck him last New Year's Eve consisted of a few slow steps into the waiting arms of Jacksonville Jaguars center Brad Meester. As the rest of the Jags players and coaches watched, Akerstrom took five steps on the team's training field, the first he had taken alone since a 35-minute seizure last Dec. 31 confined him to a wheelchair.

Luke had to walk again. He had to. "Mommy," he said to his mother a few months ago, "I have to walk because Jaguars don't roll, they run."

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/good-sports/201108/how-jaguars-center-changed-little-boys-life

There are still some Pros that kids can look up to.

• Like 1

The first short walk six-year-old Luke Akerstrom took since a rare form of encephalitis unexpectedly struck him last New Year's Eve consisted of a few slow steps into the waiting arms of Jacksonville Jaguars center Brad Meester. As the rest of the Jags players and coaches watched, Akerstrom took five steps on the team's training field, the first he had taken alone since a 35-minute seizure last Dec. 31 confined him to a wheelchair.

Luke had to walk again. He had to. "Mommy," he said to his mother a few months ago, "I have to walk because Jaguars don't roll, they run."

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/good-sports/201108/how-jaguars-center-changed-little-boys-life

There are still some Pros that kids can look up to.

Thanks for sharing.....that was precious! (need some tissues...)

Thanks for sharing.....that was precious! (need some tissues...)

Awe, your welcome. I love to read (you know you won't hear) about things like this. I bet there are many more of these stories then the ones like Vick, and others. But, that doesn't sell.

Thanks for sharing. What will this Luke has! I see things like that on certain days and it puts things in perspective. We also hear every time a player does something negative, and you're right, times like these are never recognized with the same intensity.

You are so right. I keep a look out for stories like this.