Paulding.com

Firefighters rescue woman from burning home in Dallas

LR:

She's lucky she's okay. While the smoke detector did go off, she was in a deep sleep. A former firefighter and tow-truck operator who was on the scene and actually broke open the door before firefighters arrived, said the flames and smoke were so thick in the home that he couldn't risk entry without proper equipment. He further suggested that had the firemen arrived even a minute or two later, the outcome could have been tragically different.

pubby

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Go PCFD!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I know the firefighters that responded to this call. Great job guys!

Hate that her home was a total loss but celebrating that her life was saved!

Me to! I am related to one of them..he called me this morning to tell me about the video that Pubby had on here. So proud of him and all the other firefighters for getting her out alive! Way to go PCFD!

Update: my wife talked with the husband and family and it appears the woman is okay with at most, minor burns. However, the house and contents were a total loss. One fortunate thing is that both the couple's vehicles were not involved.

Do they have any kids? I have kids clothes I would donate! If you could find out sizes to the Husband and wife Ill go out and get some things!!

No, they don't have children although I'm sure they appreciate your intent. Also, fortunately their dog is safe.

Her mother and sister have also been around to check the damage so the fact they have family in the vicinity, will ease the stress.

pubby

great report - I think the other item that affected a good outcome was the location of the home. Had this been in a more rural area I don't think the 2 initial firefighters arriving on the 1st in engine could have entered the house. Having the engine and ladder truck arriving at almost the same time with the manpower needed to make entry enabled the story to come out with a happy ending.

great report - I think the other item that affected a good outcome was the location of the home. Had this been in a more rural area I don't think the 2 initial firefighters arriving on the 1st in engine could have entered the house. Having the engine and ladder truck arriving at almost the same time with the manpower needed to make entry enabled the story to come out with a happy ending.

And you "think" this based on your vast experience and many, many years as a firefighter? You take every opportunity possible to get in some sort of negative comment about our public safety. While the intent may not have been there, that's exactly how you come across.

Way to go PCFD!

okay - let me know what PCFD policy is. If an engine arrived with two men on board could a rescue have been possible or would it have to wait until further units arrived? If not, then it is only based on budget that our department is unable to do the things that a larger department, like Cobb, could do - since they run with 3 men on an engine. There well could have been 4 men on engine 1 that responded. I don't know if that station staffs both the engine and rescue with two men. The DC mentioned that the four men arrived on engine 1 so my guess is that the rescue may have been unmanned and those since "smoke and fire was seen."

P.S. please look up the "ignore feature" and you'll be a happier person.

• Like 1

okay - let me know what PCFD policy is. If an engine arrived with two men on board could a rescue have been possible or would it have to wait until further units arrived? If not, then it is only based on budget that our department is unable to do the things that a larger department, like Cobb, could do - since they run with 3 men on an engine. There well could have been 4 men on engine 1 that responded. I don't know if that station staffs both the engine and rescue with two men. The DC mentioned that the four men arrived on engine 1 so my guess is that the rescue may have been unmanned and those since "smoke and fire was seen."

P.S. please look up the "ignore feature" and you'll be a happier person.

I have actually made entry from a 2 man truck in Paulding County. My partner pumped the truck while I made entry. So yes a 2 man truck in Paulding can make entry.

I have actually made entry from a 2 man truck in Paulding County. My partner pumped the truck while I made entry. So yes a 2 man truck in Paulding can make entry.

Yeah - but NFPA would tell you not to. And, it really isn't safe. If you don't know anyone is behind you - both of you could get into some deep deadly trouble. If he has trouble with the pump, you aren't there to help. And, you may end up with no water.

If you don't have an immediate threat to life - I would have thought twice about it.

I ran in a very, very busy station in VA. And, we always had the luxury of a full box dispatch (one engine, one truck, one basic EMS and one medic EMS) on all fire calls (no truck for EMS calls). So, I realize that I'm very, very spoiled. But, we were always taught if it was just a two man engine to wait on back up before making entry. Now, that doesn't mean you're standing around. I mean that you have walked around the building, you've radioed in your assessment to the chief and the next in engine, and you are at the door ready to bust through with the primed line as soon as you hear the next engine's siren.

But, up there - we always ran a two pumper fire - the second in engine hooked to the hydrant - pumped to the first in engine - the first in engine pumped out to the lines. Again - we had the manpower and the equipment to do that.

Edited by Just thinkin' hard