Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
LPPT

I heard a rumor that a Downtown Dallas Restaurant

I heard a rumor that Sal's in Downtown Dallas now serves wine and beer.

Does anyone know if this is true?

[/quo

My son said he saw a tap in there.

He goes in often to get ours to go.

Now this is a teenager so take it for what it is worth.

BUT.....I thought the city was dry???

Yep they do. My grandmother gets her hair done at the shop next door and they were talking about how they just got a pouring license.

It's been awhile since you posted...did you pay them a visit?

• Like 2

I know the bar in Dallas, across from hospital serves because we were getting a lot of drunks coming from there going past the neighborhood. But thanks to Dallas police, haven't seen to much of that lately. ;) :good:

I know the bar in Dallas, across from hospital serves because we were getting a lot of drunks coming from there going past the neighborhood. But thanks to Dallas police, haven't seen to much of that lately. ;) :good:

Damn coppers ruin everything

Yes, Sal's will now be serving Alcohol. A friend of mine has a daughter who works there (for now). Unfortunately for any teens looking for a job there... they are looking to replace all staff under 18 with those over 21 due to this new service.

Yes, Sal's will now be serving Alcohol. A friend of mine has a daughter who works there (for now). Unfortunately for any teens looking for a job there... they are looking to replace all staff under 18 with those over 21 due to this new service.

That's curious, because The Olive Tree in Hiram just had a post on here looking for servers aged 18 and up, and someone posted that those under age 21 *could* serve alcohol if they had a permit to do so. Wonder if that's something that Hiram allows and Dallas doesn't ...?

I think the age to carry rule may be different if the restaurant is inside the city limits... At least that is what a friend told me.

On the main street in downtown Dallas.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=use+him+in+the+&sourceid=ie8-activity&hl=en

yep .... I have that same craving now.

I just found out the other day that Sal's in Ceder Crest delivers to my neighborhood Burnt Hickory on North 61. We have had a Dominoes out of Cartersville that will deliver for years.

I brought home a menu, I am excited about being able to order authentic Italian dishes to be delivered, not just pizza!!!

Did the First Baptist Church sell and move. For years the story I heard was that the beer would be to close to the church property.

If that law was re-written did they also change the law forbidding bicycles and scooters from being downtown and locked to the "bike posts" which were installed when the square was improved and the no-fountain fountain was built.

Way to go Sal's!!!!!!

So happy to see you outlasted whoever it was that would not let you have pouring license for how many years now ----- too many.

Did the First Baptist Church sell and move. For years the story I heard was that the beer would be to close to the church property.

If that law was re-written did they also change the law forbidding bicycles and scooters from being downtown and locked to the "bike posts" which were installed when the square was improved and the no-fountain fountain was built.

Way to go Sal's!!!!!!

So happy to see you outlasted whoever it was that would not let you have pouring license for how many years now ----- too many.

Welcome to P.com since this is your second post intrduce yourself,and hope you stick around.:blush:

Welcome to P.com since this is your second post intrduce yourself,and hope you stick around.:blush:

:drinks: 8)

If you were a little more familiar with the downtown Dallas area, figuring out who this is would be quite simple. ;) I am happy to see him still around. wub.gif

drinks.gif Sal's

If you were a little more familiar with the downtown Dallas area, figuring out who this is would be quite simple. ;) I am happy to see him still around. wub.gif

drinks.gif Sal's

A piece of his heart is still with us even though he has gone to the big city :wub: :)

A piece of his heart is still with us even though he has gone to the big city :wub: :)

A previous owner of a Mexican restaurant??

drinks.gif Sal's

Is it Nicholas the Photographer??

• Like 1