Paulding.com

gun show at cobb civic center

DH thinks it's $8 for 13 and up, 12 and under are free. How redneck do we sound.....going to the "mud bog" in Cedartown friday night, with all of these super tall trucks around here with the skinny tractor tires, then the gun show on Saturday! Feeling the need for a pair of overalls and boots! bahahaha :rofl: :lol:

• Like 1

According to the Cobb Civic Center website, admission is $8.

Here's a link to a $1 off coupon. www.gunshows-usa.com/RK%20$1%20Coupon.htm

Edited by PUBBY
please no active links to non-commerce members

DH thinks it's $8 for 13 and up, 12 and under are free. How redneck do we sound.....going to the "mud bog" in Cedartown friday night, with all of these super tall trucks around here with the skinny tractor tires, then the gun show on Saturday! Feeling the need for a pair of overalls and boots! bahahaha :rofl: :lol:

just because you are going to the gun show doesn't make you a redneck.

nobody has ever mistaken me for a redneck

i need more 9mm rounds for the glock, and more 7.62 rounds and a few more clips for the ak just in case the right wingers decide to emulate what just happened in norway

:)

• Like 1

i need more 9mm rounds for the glock, and more 7.62 rounds and a few more clips for the ak just in case the right wingers decide to emulate what just happened in norway

AMEN , LOL

• Like 1

I meant in conjunction with the "mud bog" :D Yep, just bought DH 7.62's for his b'day... I think it was 300 rounds. He buys whatever he can afford at the shows and then adds it to his collection for, as he puts it...."when those bleeding heart, yellow bellied, lizard livered, liberals take my right away from me"! :good:

I meant in conjunction with the "mud bog" :D Yep, just bought DH 7.62's for his b'day... I think it was 300 rounds. He buys whatever he can afford at the shows and then adds it to his collection for, as he puts it...."when those bleeding heart, yellow bellied, lizard livered, liberals take my right away from me"! :good:

this liberal wont impose on your right to bear arms. i like my guns

and besides every one should have the right to wear a tank top now and then :)

(for the humor impaired, tank top, no sleeves, bare arms)

this liberal wont impose on your right to bear arms. i like my guns

and besides every one should have the right to wear a tank top now and then :)

(for the humor impaired, tank top, no sleeves, bare arms)

:lol: I'll be recycling that one!

Smart Man !!! :clapping: :clapping: :drinks:

did you check this website: www.gunshows-usa.com/

I've seen a number of billboards for it. In fact, hubby and I were talking about it at lunch today and have decided we plan to go on Sunday. I really want to get a small concealable pistol since the new firing range is about ready to open. :yahoo:

They don't advertise and promote this thing very well.

I tried to contact the person in charge to get additional information and the email got kicked back.

Edited by PUBBY
please no active links to non-commerce members

did you check this website: www.gunshows-usa.com/

I've seen a number of billboards for it. In fact, hubby and I were talking about it at lunch today and have decided we plan to go on Sunday. I really want to get a small concealable pistol since the new firing range is about ready to open. :yahoo:

what firing range ?

Stoddards. In Douglasville. Where the firing range burned about two years ago. They should be opening next week. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: That is really close to me, so I plan to go at least once a month BUT I have to get a pistol first.

what firing range ?

How will we know fellow Pcommers? :unsure: :unsure:

see yall there

Stoddards. In Douglasville. Where the firing range burned about two years ago. They should be opening next week. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: That is really close to me, so I plan to go at least once a month BUT I have to get a pistol first.

Please post pricing and other range info. as you find out. I am sure my husband will be very interested in this, as am I. I think the original one, that was being built, was all indoors. Is this one also indoors?

Yep, it is indoors. They were waiting on final work to the HVAC system and should be opening next week, according to their last FB update. I can't wait for it to open so I can go practice. :yahoo: We had decided to start going when the old one burned down. Kinda brought back memories of the tanning salon that burned a half hour after I left. :pardon:

Please post pricing and other range info. as you find out. I am sure my husband will be very interested in this, as am I. I think the original one, that was being built, was all indoors. Is this one also indoors?

Or defend yourself from a fellow liberal like the Tucson shooter? Try not to hurt yourself.

• Like 1

Or defend yourself from a fellow liberal like the Tucson shooter? Try not to hurt yourself.

didn't see anyone on this board say they understood what caused the tuscon shooter to do what he did, except that he was crazy.

however, several people on this board said that they personally understood why the shootings in norway happened.

that concerns me

How will we know fellow Pcommers? :unsure: :unsure:

I'll have on my PCOM T-Shirt!

But you know me already....

But you can still wear yours!! You Do have a PCOM T-Shirt, right???

Yep, I know you already. :good:

No, I don't have a Pcom t-shirt. Oh, Pubby.......... I need a t-shirt. Preferably an extra large so I'll have plenty of room to move. Just put one in the chair and I'll pick it up next week. ;)

I'll have on my PCOM T-Shirt!

But you know me already....

But you can still wear yours!! You Do have a PCOM T-Shirt, right???

didn't see anyone on this board say they understood what caused the tuscon shooter to do what he did, except that he was crazy.

however, several people on this board said that they personally understood why the shootings in norway happened.

that concerns me

I see you are hurting yourself over complex words like "understanding" and "condoning". Thats the result of limited comprehension skills from watching comedy show news and accepting them as fact. It softens the mind.

Some only see the headline of "man kicks dog" and is outraged. Some look beyond not to condone the act, but to understand the reason why was due to "dog bites man".

Try not to hurt yourself over that one either.

Edited by ca2ga
  • Like 1

I'm not positive because I haven't bought one there, or anywhere else, yet. I have been told that they do the instant background check and you can take it with you. The check takes about 5 minutes or so. Don't know if there are additional fees for that or not. I don't think so. I've talked to two gun shops and neither mentioned them charging an additional fee so I doubt they do at the show either.

What is the process for purchasing a pistol at a gun show? Do they do an instant background check? I assume that would involve additional fees?

I'm not positive because I haven't bought one there, or anywhere else, yet. I have been told that they do the instant background check and you can take it with you. The check takes about 5 minutes or so. Don't know if there are additional fees for that or not. I don't think so. I've talked to two gun shops and neither mentioned them charging an additional fee so I doubt they do at the show either.

just like buying a gun anywhere in georgia

if you buy from a licensed dealer you have to fill out a 4473 form

if you have a ccw they skip the nics check

and if you purchase from an individual pretty much anything goes

Edited by justme2

I see you are hurting yourself over complex words like "understanding" and "condoning".

and in several of your posts it has appears that you condoned what the guy did

Thats the result of limited comprehension skills from watching comedy show news and accepting them as fact. It softens the mind.

agreed, so stop watching fox news and listening to rush

I see you are hurting yourself over complex words like "understanding" and "condoning". Thats the result of limited comprehension skills from watching comedy show news and accepting them as fact. It softens the mind.

Some only see the headline of "man kicks dog" and is outraged. Some look beyond not to condone the act, but to understand the reason why was due to "dog bites man".

Try not to hurt yourself over that one either.

I notice you like to resort to personal attacks a lot. I think that sucks.

Edited by jenilyn
  • Like 1

Got the CCW. I've had it for seven months TOMORROW, so it's about time I got something to conceal. :good:

just like buying a gun anywhere in georgia

if you buy from a licensed dealer you have to fill out a 4473 form

if you have a ccw they skip the nics check

and if you purchase from an individual pretty much anything goes

Got the CCW. I've had it for seven months TOMORROW, so it's about time I got something to conceal. :good:

whats involved with getting a ccw , it's bout time i get one , and anybody know the difference in registering a gun vs. not regestering

whats involved with getting a ccw , it's bout time i get one , and anybody know the difference in registering a gun vs. not regestering

there is no "registering a gun" in georgia, that i am aware of, unless it is something like a machine gun that has to be registered at a federal level

as far as getting a ccw you need to go to the courthouse and apply.

the fee is $76

georgia is a must issue state, so unless you are a convicted felon, fugitive, or crazy they must issue a permit

http://www.paulding....ex.aspx?NID=184 for more info

Edited by justme2

I believe that $76 must be paid in cash, too.

Unlike our neighboring states of Florida and Tennessee, there is no required safety course prior to getting a concealed carry permit either.

After so many years, the "crazy" is no longer an issue and you can receive a concealed weapon permit. ;)

there is no "registering a gun" in georgia, that i am aware of, unless it is something like a machine gun that has to be registered at a federal level

as far as getting a ccw you need to go to the courthouse and apply.

the fee is $76

georgia is a must issue state, so unless you are a convicted felon, fugitive, or crazy they must issue a permit

http://www.paulding....ex.aspx?NID=184 for more info

Unlike our neighboring states of Florida and Tennessee, there is no required safety course prior to getting a concealed carry permit either.

After so many years, the "crazy" is no longer an issue and you can receive a concealed weapon permit. ;)

5 years on the crazy part.

as far as the safety courses i think there should be some basic requirement.

for example look at the video at left of this page http://www.wsbtv.com...133/detail.html

the guy was shooting at a snake from less than 10 feet away, and from the report fired 30 shots to hit the snake once.

kinda like the reports of the gang bangers in juarez where somebody gets killed by 2 gunshots, but the police find several hundred casings at the scene.

gun control should mean the ability to hit your target, not a government regulation

Edited by justme2

whats the other thats like 45.00 , just a carry permit

In the state of Georgia if you have a CCW and want to purchase at a gun show, then simply take in your CCW card and a photo ID. That's it! My husband and I have both purchased new weapons at a gun show year before last and that was all that we needed. Just FYI a lot of the dealers at gun shows may be from out of state, so they may only be in the state for a couple of days for THAT show. Always get business cards and receipts from any dealer you purchase from. Many of them have websites, so you can ask for a business card to browse them online later. This is great if you find an ammo dealer you want to check stock on. Have fun!