Paulding.com

Free Checking?

We get one free checking account with Bank of America because we use electronic deposit. A 2nd checking account with them is free because of a credit line we have with them.

Wells Fargo has free checking with direct deposit. Our account recently changed from Wachovia. I liked Wachovia better. There have been several things go wrong since the change--but the worst was last Friday when they ran out of suckers! Not good for a 2-year-old expecting one.

• Like 1

Wells Fargo has free checking with direct deposit. Our account recently changed from Wachovia. I liked Wachovia better. There have been several things go wrong since the change--but the worst was last Friday when they ran out of suckers! Not good for a 2-year-old expecting one.

same here

They also must have run out of dog treats. My pup loves going to the bank, but not anymore.

If you qualify for their membership...USAA is the BEST! They offer truly free checking, no direct deposit required, no minimum balance, free checks, free Web Billpay, and they refund ATM fees. If you or your spouse have ever served honorably in the US military, you can become a member. If not...sucks to be you LOLOLOL :lol:

I believe Suntrust does

The "good" account requires monthly direct deposits. If you skip a month, they charge you. I learned this last winter when I didn't get paid in a month because of how the school holidays fell (we get paid before christmas break and then again at the end of Jan-----6 weeks apart)

Other than that, I LOVE my Skymiles card!

Free these days typically comes with strings attached. Minimum balance, direct deposit stuff like that.

My free SunTrust is only free if I transfer money every month to my savings which in turn keeps my savings free.

They do an autosavings that makes the savings account free. The minimum auto transfer is pretty low. I like it because it drafts over like a bill. I have a hard time making myself save :blush:

IBM CU does with a minimum level of money in the account, I believe.

no, now it's $1.90 on the first checking....if you have multiple checking accounts under the same member number, you only get charged once. Money Markets don't count as checking accounts though....there is no fee for those.

Westside Bank in Hiram is the BOMB! I love this smalltown bank. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to get away from the "FEE HAPPY" megabanks......

Until it becomes one, which is likely to happen to them within a year.

We bank with Danielle at Bank of the Ozarks across the street from Hardy Family Ford. They have several checking and savings accounts that have no service charges as long as the average daily balance does not drop below $100.00. One has free safe deposit box or pays interest.

This was First Choice Community Bank until the Feds closed it and it reopened as Bank of the Ozarks.

We were very happy with First Choice and did have some concerns when they changed over. The change over has been very smooth and all the staff seems to be very happy.

We banked with Community Trust till they were taken over by SunTrust. That change over was a nightmare. We went in when the change over was complete and were very firm that we would not pay service charges. We would have been perfectly happy to change banks then. They assured us they had set our 4 accounts up in no fee accounts. Every month I had to go in to get service charges taken off where I would then find they had set up the wrong account code each month before. The final straw was during the sixth month when I parked at Suntrust to make deposit and walked over to Martins to eat a biscuit and drink a cup of coffee while I waited for SunTrust to open. While in Martins SunTrust flagged my truck that it would be towed the next time I parked there. Within an hour I was a First Choice customer.  

family savings CU is free , next to Martin's, Atlanta Postal credit union, you can join if you have a member of you family that is goverment employed.I think direct deposit and 25.00 saving startup and it's free.

flagstar bank. one going toward powder springs, near racetrac. I have been with them since december after leaving chase. I really like them. great customer service. Their branches are growing too. One in west cobb, just before target, and one in acworth. You can use their atms and the atms at publix, as well as other places free. Just a great bank!

If you go with them or have anymore questions let me know!

flagstar bank. one going toward powder springs, near racetrac. I have been with them since december after leaving chase. I really like them. great customer service. Their branches are growing too. One in west cobb, just before target, and one in acworth. You can use their atms and the atms at publix, as well as other places free. Just a great bank!

If you go with them or have anymore questions let me know!

I think I saw on the news yesterday that they are being bought out by PNC. but they did say that the name should be the only thing to change.

I think I saw on the news yesterday that they are being bought out by PNC. but they did say that the name should be the only thing to change.

Seems like somebody changes everyday.

I was also thinking of this as well. We bank currentlyu with Suntrust and we got a call from a customer service rep with them yesterday to let us know this fall they will be changing there banking and no longer offer free checking. We were also told they would be charging a $5.00 month fee for just using your debit card.

On nooooooo....they ran out of doggie treats last week too..........Tootsie was not Happy...GRRRR