Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
ihaveadog

The only local cable/internet provider.

I can count in my service to cut out once a day, anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours. Anytime of the day, of course their script reading lackeys always blame me or my equipment. Even going far as to say that not only my router, but all the other routers I can get on are defective.

If you use comcast/infinity do you lose your internet on a daily basis?

We've been using At&t for almost 10 years now. We've had 2 incidences with them similar to yours. When we first got it set up and then a few years ago. One day we noticed they were in our neighborhood working on something. Not sure what it was, but their trucks were everywhere. All of a sudden our service would do what yours is doing now. It took us over 3 months to get it solved. We had 4 different people out here and they couldn't find anything wrong. They kept telling us that it was our router. We'll 3 months later, it magically fixed itself and the trucks in the neighborhood were gone. If we didn't despise comcast as much as we do, we of switched then. They will never admit it when the is problem is them. <_<

I can count in my service to cut out once a day, anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours. Anytime of the day, of course their script reading lackeys always blame me or my equipment. Even going far as to say that not only my router, but all the other routers I can get on are defective.

I have comcast internet,I have very rarely ever had a problem. I can think of maybe once last year,I know that when I lived in burnt hickory it went out frequently.:unsure:

We don't have Comcast, but when we had connectivity problems a year or so ago, it turned out to be a defective phone wire in our crawlspace.

Is it possible that there's a problem with your actual *cable*?

I have never had an issue with my internet or phone both are through comcast. I did have an issue with my cable, but it turns out it was a bad splitter.

I've had Comcast for 10-15 years here, rarely have a problem (aside from their prices). When I do, the 'lackeys' usually fix it promptly . . .

edit to add: 92/Brownsville area.

Edited by Joe Sixpack

That's why I call them ComCrooks. I "had" the whole enchilada from them, TV, phone, and internet at my business. I could absolutely count on at least one internet outage per day, usually right at the time I was doing something critical. I switched to another provider about a year ago, and haven't had a single outage during that whole time. And for less money every month.

Not my internet but my cables has gone out quite a bit. I called them and they pro rated my bill. Not much but....

Yes, at least 3 times a week, it just goes out,and I have noticed that its worse when it rains or storms like it did last week, it went out everyday, very annoying.

Have they sent out a tech yet? Might want to have the service line checked down to the main.

I've had the same problems your describing. It took several calls and several trips out for them to get it fixed right. Things wear out over time. They'll send out a tech and they'll check the line and find a problem, fix that one problem and call it good. But if your stuffs been up for a good while, there's probably more than one problem.

Mine ended up completely rebuilt from the streeet up and buried. That helped for a while and the last tech replaced all the connectors and splitters into the house. Runs like new now....'course it probably ought to.

Have they sent out a tech yet? Might want to have the service line checked down to the main.

I've had the same problems your describing. It took several calls and several trips out for them to get it fixed right. Things wear out over time. They'll send out a tech and they'll check the line and find a problem, fix that one problem and call it good. But if your stuffs been up for a good while, there's probably more than one problem.

Mine ended up completely rebuilt from the streeet up and buried. That helped for a while and the last tech replaced all the connectors and splitters into the house. Runs like new now....'course it probably ought to.

They finally are sending out a tech. It's gone down twice today now. Last time I called about it the phone tech blamed my router, and blamed 2 other routers as well. The tech I spoke to a little while ago agreed it wasn't my equipment but theirs. The lights on the modem indicate what is happening. There's a connection between the router/computer and the send receive lights flash off and on. But the cable indication light is out or flashes twice then stops.

I have cable internet. About every 2-3 months it will stop responding. I have to unplug the modem and wireless router. Then turn the modem back on let it boot up then turn the wireless router back on to get it to work again.

Every single day. EVERY SINGLE DAY! It freezes, blue screens, loses channels, and it's not our router/modem/whatever. It's cable. Plain and simple. Drives us crazy!!!!!!!!

I have cable internet. About every 2-3 months it will stop responding. I have to unplug the modem and wireless router. Then turn the modem back on let it boot up then turn the wireless router back on to get it to work again.

My daughter & SIL have this same problem with their Comcast internet. Weird... :wacko:

I have the entire package from Comcast and have never had a problem.

Same for us. We have had internet, phone and TV threw Comcast for a little over a year now. Not many problems at all. The phone has went out a couple of times, but it back up before we get the 1800 number completely dialed. When we have called, we never have to wait, they are right on the phone.. Unlike the other company. And anytime we have called it has always been someone that speaks English, not the choppy English you get from the other company. So far, we love Comcast and will never go back to the other company..

I was having the same issues for the last few weeks. A tech came out on Friday and diagnosed that the problem was due to a very low signal strength. He said something about Comcast reducing the signal power to the minimum necessary, which resulted in hit or miss connectivity to my router. The tech had to replace a splitter in the cable box outside and do a little rewiring inside my house to try to reduce any interference. Oh, and Comcast wants me to pay $50 because a tech had to come out to fix their poor service :rolleyes:

Used Bellsouth/AT&T DSL for 9 Years, had a few problems over the years but nothing repeating daily.

Switched to Comcast 4 weeks ago and have yet to have an outage that Im aware of.

Dont have anything really bad to say about either one honestly.

Maybe I have just lucky.

I was having the same issues for the last few weeks. A tech came out on Friday and diagnosed that the problem was due to a very low signal strength. He said something about Comcast reducing the signal power to the minimum necessary, which resulted in hit or miss connectivity to my router. The tech had to replace a splitter in the cable box outside and do a little rewiring inside my house to try to reduce any interference. Oh, and Comcast wants me to pay $50 because a tech had to come out to fix their poor service :rolleyes:

Had a tech here too, he replaced some of the cables in the box, also replaced the splitter and cables inside. He found some noise on the lines, also replaced the modem. But to activate the modem comcast wanted me to install their Comcat Desktop Software, which I refused to do so. It's apparently a type of spamware/spyware that monitors internet usage. At first the tech insisted I install it, but did a quick edit to the installer so it would crash on installation and kept it from installing. It's not needed at all.

So it was supposed to be good to go, yeah right. Lost internet again that day, and each day including today, same issue too. The modem loses connection to the internet, I can see the router and the modem on the network, but nothing past the modem. If I try an auto refresh signal, the system says it failed. So comcast can't see the modem either.

I have had issues, had the tech come out, the whole nine yards. Because of what I've gone through, I have a few suggestions.

First of all, I have ONLY internet, so there is no other signal to get in the way. I have the modem plugged in at the outlet that is directly opposite of the comcast box attached to my house. This is the strongest outlet for the best signal. Since I refuse to pay the outragous cable-TV fees, I get my TV through the internet and it shows up via my gaming systems. Right now, it's all free, but when the trial is over, I will pay 6.00 a month. There is a plan for the lifetime subscription (for the price of two months at the cable company). If you want info on this, PM me. I DO NOT WORK FOR THE COMPANY AND AM NOT AFFILATED IN ANY WAY WITH THEM. (so please don't ding me for false advertising...I'm trying to help you save money)

Because of the way I have my TV, we literally use the internet ALL day EVERY day. The past month, I've had daily issues with loss of service. Like I said, I had the tech come out, made multiple calls, etc. What works for me is when you lose signal, follow these steps and you may not have to call the tech line.

1. Unplug cable modem, the cable itself as well as the power cord.

2. If you have a wireless router, unplug that too.

3. Wait about 30 seconds, then start pluggin in in THIS order:

Cable, modem power cord, then router power cord.

After all the visits, i was finally told that the modems "time out" every 12-24 hours and this is the process to get it back. There is no need to do a signal refresh through the tech line (it won't register or read the modem with out resetting)

We've replaced the modem twice and upgraded our router (at our expense) before we learned these steps. Yes, I have to do it everyday (in the morning when I wake up and in the evening during TV time), but other then that, I have no other problems.

ONE LAST TIP. If you've made multiple calls for help, either by tech or getting walked through the process on the phone, get in touch with the billing department and demand a credit. I received a free month PLUS $20.00 for my trouble.

Good luck! Hope it helps!

I never had problems when I lived on Hiram Sudie. Now I live on Ridge and my internet and phone (At&t) go out all the time when it starts to rain.

I've had Uverse TV and internet for almost 3 years now (since I dumped Comcast). Rarely do I have a problem.

We have issues with On Demand a lot. It just doesn't work about half of the time. I think we had a bad install because the guy did a sloppy job - he used wires that were too long and they look awful, I have to hide them.

When we had Comcast,our internet did the same thing.It was ALWAYS going out.And sometimes when it did,it would stay out for a couple of days.I do not miss Comcast AT ALL :wacko: