Paulding.com

I feel as if a major part of my childhood had died :(

Sherwood Schwartz, Creator of "The Brady Bunch" and "Gilligan's Island", Dies at 94

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) -- Television genius, Sherwood Schwartz, the man who created "The Brady Bunch" and "Gilligan's Island", has died at the age of 94.

Schwartz died Tuesday in Los Angeles of natural causes in his sleep at 4:00 a.m. surrounded by his family.

Schwartz won an Emmy for his work as a writer on "The Red Skelton Show" in 1961. He also worked on "My Favorite Martian" and a writer/producer of "Harper Valley PTA."

Schwartz started out in radio before jumping to television. He served as a writer for Bob Hope's radio show and also worked on the radio version of "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet."

He is best known for creating and producing "Gilligan's Island," which starred Bob Denver, Alan, Hale and Dawn Wells Tina Louise and also "The Brady Bunch," starring Florence Henderson and Robert Reed.

Schwartz also co-wrote the theme songs for both shows.

He received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2008.

Schwartz is survived by his wife of 69 years, Mildred Schwartz and four children, Don Schwartz, Lloyd Schwartz, Ross Schwartz and Hope Juber.Sherwood+Schwartz+Honored+Hollywood+Walk+Fame+S2MnFRdIZ1sl.jpg

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-sherwood-schwartz-brady-bunch-gilligans-island-creator,0,2406607.story

No wonder he died. Probably couldn't breathe being surrounded like that! :ninja:

I'm suspicious of his wife of 69 years. She may have grown tired of him and was worried about how she would come out financially in a divorce.

Gilligan's Island was my favorite shows as a kid. RIP Mr. Schwartz

• Like 1