Paulding.com

Talk about the heat, I just got my Power Bill!

OMGEEEEE...just got our bill. Last month was just under $200 and this month...$485. I'm floored! DH is VERY unhappy. We've never had a bill this high. We moved into a 2800 sq ft house back in April with a pool. We try to run the filter over night, and I keep the thermostat downstairs set at 78. We have 2 1/2 floors and the kids bedrooms are too cold cuz we keep the upstairs at 76 cuz our bedroom is on the 3rd level and is ALWAYS blazing hot.

We still don't have window treatments and I'm wondering if that will help. I just can't get another bill like this!!!

And what's with the Tier 1, Tier 2 and so on with Greystone billing? Is that new?

Window treatments will make a huge difference. Last year, our summer bills were running $500 plus. We didn't have window treatments on the front windows. It was out first year living there. We keep our therm. on 78, and the house would get up to 95 before 10am because the morning sun would heat it up quickly. I hired someone to come put the window tinting on, AND put would blinds and curtains up.

We just got our power bill, and it was $339. Still high, but I have 7 people living in my house, and with the kids being out for the summer, this amount does not surprise me too much.

Ooooops, This was in reply to Deep Green Lighting's post,

What do you have for the home?? We would need 40 total, Do you give discounts for large quantities? If not, maybe one room at a time. Is this info on your web site, so I can look at what you have and the cost of the bulbs? tia

We just got ours in from Cobb EMC.

Total monthly bill was $91.78. We consumed about 43% less than the year before.

Since September last year we've reduced our consumption by nearly half. For 8 months straight our electric bills were $20 or less.

I am happy about it given the state of the economy... and the fact that Cobb will more than likely jack up property taxes by 13%.

Last month: $94 including all taxes and Operation Round Up. This month: $124 including everything.

We ran the air EVERY night, usually turning it on around 4 p.m. This was for June 7 through July 7, so we had some really hot days in there and turned the air on earlier than 4 p.m. some of those days.

Interestingly, my daughter lives in a smaller, one story house and her bill with Georgia Power was almost twice as much. She runs the air definitely at night and generally turns it on once the inside temp gets to 83 or so. I so wish her house had better insulation but quite honestly, there is nowhere to put it except the attic.

We actually consumed a little less electricity last year for the same time period. I can't figure that out.

I was so nervous to open my bill after reading these posts .

I thought it would be double

But my bill was only $60 more than last month .

Last month was $261 , this bill $318 .

Last year it was much higher . Our ac was not working & needed a new motor . Which I did not realize. So it was blowing warm air . Looking at the graph on the bill , the kWh usage was significantly less than last year . Also , there are $20.81 taxes on this bill . Which brought it over $300 .

Naturegirl was sweet enough to give me the name of a man at Pinnacle . he came & checked my system & put the new motor in . He showed my how to change the filters . So it is true that maintenance keeps costs down .

• 1 month later...

This post with such large bills is mostly my point. The majority of bills here would be 25% less, with a tax credit and never changing any habits. Its simple. I install the radiant barrier, you save 30,40,100$ per month. Its that simple. Give Deep Green Products a try. I am local and right here based in Dallas Georgia.

We just got ours in from Cobb EMC.

Total monthly bill was $91.78. We consumed about 43% less than the year before.

Since September last year we've reduced our consumption by nearly half. For 8 months straight our electric bills were $20 or less.

I am happy about it given the state of the economy... and the fact that Cobb will more than likely jack up property taxes by 13%.

What size house do you live in????

• 3 weeks later...

$90 last month. I think we've only consumed $500 in electric over the past 12 months. Maybe not even that much.