Paulding.com

exterminator

We are need of an exterminator. We have bees that have decided to buid a nest in the wall of our house. Any good recommendations?

Thanks

Please put up a post asking a bee keeper to come remove the hive.

You should never kill honey bees ever for any reason.

It's not homey bees. They look like yellow jackets to me.

Yellow jackets can be dangerous, They usually nest in the ground.

There are a lot of different types of bees and hornets so try googling to see what you have.

Do not block the hole.They will try to find another way out and it just may be inside your home.

If it is a yellow jacket nest,wet the area around the entance hole,then throw sevin dust on the hole.When the yellow jacket land at the entrance they will get the sevin dust on them,as they go inside the other will clean them off ingesting the dust which kills them.

Say all you want about yellow jackets only being in the ground but we had yellow jackets take up in a hole in our siding and the burrowed into our house. Thankfully we saw them going in and out before it got out of control.

It was yellow jackets. We had someone come out yesterday and spray them. They found a little hole in the vinyl siding and get in the wall.

I just found a nest in the front yard. I wonder if it's swarming season for them or something...

• 1 year later...

It was yellow jackets. We had someone come out yesterday and spray them. They found a little hole in the vinyl siding and get in the wall.

Who did you call, how much did it cost, and is the problem completely gone? I have a nest under the siding in my house and I see where they are coming and going near the back door. I sprayed the cracks between the siding with some kind of bee killing foam. The problem with that is now they are getting into my basement. I see where they are coming and going near the back door. My daughter has been stung multiple times as well as my dogs and myself. I need to get rid of this problem!!! Someone I know recommended Sevin dust, has anyone else had any success with that?

Who did you call, how much did it cost, and is the problem completely gone? I have a nest under the siding in my house and I see where they are coming and going near the back door. I sprayed the cracks between the siding with some kind of bee killing foam. The problem with that is now they are getting into my basement. I see where they are coming and going near the back door. My daughter has been stung multiple times as well as my dogs and myself. I need to get rid of this problem!!! Someone I know recommended Sevin dust, has anyone else had any success with that?

Yes,I posted that and it works.The key is making sure the dust lays where they land to go into the nest.I made sevin dust bombs,fill a sandwich baggie with the dust then throw it at the hole.That way you don't have to be close to the nest.

Now this is not an instant kill,like gas or spray,but it will not hurt your siding.

I just found a nest in the front yard. I wonder if it's swarming season for them or something...

I had the same thing this past weekend. I took the front blade on my tractor and pulled the nest out of the ground and ran it over. For the ones swarming around where the nest used to be I sprayed a couple cans of bee killer. Have not seen any since. Somehow I didn't get stung either.