Paulding.com

Twins are on the way

So our family is getting a new addition (or 2). Luckily we have several months left to go, so time to plan accordingly.

There's a little one that'll be around 18 months old when the twins arrive, so that might make things a little tricky.

I'm thinking in the next month or two I'll start looking for supplies, baby beds, strollers etc for twins - and hoping to find used but good condition.

For this forum, I'd love to get your thoughts/opinions and advice (from best time and method to feed, to buying supplies, etc).

And hopefully as time goes by I can maybe work on some couponing trades for diapers/formula/etc.

Thanks in advance!

CONGRATS!!!!!

I know there are "twin groups" in the Cobb and surrounding counties. The moms swap and/or sale double strollers, cribs, clothes, etc as they no longer need them. They also support each other as they can all relate to what they are going through. I I would look into joining one or two of those.

BTW, I don't have any little ones in the family and would be glad to save diaper/baby coupons for you.

CONGRATS!!!!!

I know there are "twin groups" in the Cobb and surrounding counties. The moms swap and/or sale double strollers, cribs, clothes, etc as they no longer need them. They also support each other as they can all relate to what they are going through. I I would look into joining one or two of those.

BTW, I don't have any little ones in the family and would be glad to save diaper/baby coupons for you.

Thanks SS that would be great! We'll be looking for all savings models available to make the most of the family money in this situation.

... For this forum, I'd love to get your thoughts/opinions and advice (from best time and method to feed, to buying supplies, etc)....

I know you already have one child, but if you can get your hands on a copy of 'Every Child Should Have a Chance' by Dr. Leila Denmark, I think you'll find lots of helpful tips on how to take care of your young ones. If you can't find a copy in the library, I *think* you can still order a copy from Dr. Denmark herself - she lives in Athens. A web search using the book's title should turn up her address.

Best wishes for an uneventful pregnancy and healthy babies!

I have twins, and they are GREAT fun :wub: .

Just some advise I dealt with that I will share with you. I had 2 cribs, however, they slept together until they were about 10-11 months old (and even at that age if they behaved they stayed in the same crib). I purchased diapers every few weeks in preperation...I had 2 older kids that used huggies, so, huggies is what I bought... Well, huggies didn't work for these 2, so, I had to take them ALL back to the store :blink: .

They will be the best of friends. In the beginning, my had to be right next to each other at all times, from sleep to swings, to vibrating seats :wacko: . I fed them together, burped them together, so, it was no harder with two than one...just a little more time consuming (change two diapers, give two baths, etc).

I'm not sure what all you want to know, but, PM me if you would like and I can share my experience over the past 7 years :blush:

Here's the LINK I sent to my son & DIL up North when they were having twinslat year. I doublt if they used it --- I hope it wll be helpfull.

My daughter alomst had triplets a few years ago, but it wound up being only one. She was freaking out, thinking sh had to get a new car and everything at the time.

And that child is quite jealous of the new baby that arrived inJanuary. "Only child"s tend to be upset when there is another one or more arrivals.

Congrats on the Twinkies. We have twin girls. They are 6 now but I remember what it was like when they were babies. Ours were premature so we had to do things that I am sure you will not have to do. Like PC SHopper said witht he cribs. You really only need one for about the first year as they love to sleep together. Ours would snuggle up so thight together you couldn't slide a piece of paper between them. I would also recommend trying to keep them on the same eating and sleeping schedule. We would double team them when we could (mom would feed one I fed the other). But we had to wake ours up every three hours to eat, so in the middle of the night we did shifts and would feed one, put her back down, then feed the other.

If you have any fears and want them to sleep in your room a co-sleeper (it is like a pack and play) was awesome. Someone we knew gave us one. We just slid it under the bed and they were right next to us. The other great thing we used was the high chairs that attach to the table rather than the freestanding type. No bulky high chairs taking up space around the house.

I am sure there is so much more we could tell. If you have anything you would like to know feel free to PM us.

We had a son too, he was 33 months when they were born.

• Like 1

I was at the Douglasville Mall today, Macy's has a lot of baby & toddler clothes on clearance AND an additional 30% off on a lot of things. Babies-r-Us has this thing, you ask at the customer service desk for a bag, and you fill your bag with the pink clearnace sticker items and take an additional 30% off. Not sure IF all pink sticker items are 30% but, what I bought was. They have some good deals regardless. They had some long sleeve onsies on clearance, too. I have always liked Macy's sales on baby clothes. I'd usually catch them (at the right time) when they have the "Take an additional 30 % Off (or whatever) Sale"

My friend has 2 month old twin girls,, but other than that,, no expreience with twins here!! But,, I would reccommend going to the all4kids coinsignment sale in marietta at the end of the month.. you will find all sorts of stuff for the babies without having to pay full price,, and the only except good items!! and the last day(saturday) everything if half price!!

If you register for things on a baby registry include multiple sizes of diapers. When my wife had our last we included diapers and actually received some as gifts. If you figure they drop a load multiple times a day having diapers on hand from gifts really saves on the parents:) good luck we are in the home stretch our younges is going in to 10th grade.

We have decided once he is in college we are buying an efficiency apt so no one can move back in :yahoo:

There are lots of good church sales over the summer. St. Vincent DePaul always had a good one with LOTS of baby stuff. I am not 100% they still have it as I am out of town now and they have their own consignment shop now - which I would check out either way.

There was another really good one I used to go to, but I can't remember the name or the road - somewhere off of Ridge - Mulberry Store something rd?

Congratulations and keep us posted!

Our twins are girls and are 5yrs. Some tips that I found out are:

Your pediatrician will give you free sample formulas of the kind you use. Any little bit helps. Mine gives them away to parents of multiples only, (they said, anyways).

Go online and buy in bulk if the price is better.

Babies R Us offers a discount when you buy 2 of a product over a certain amt.

Feed and sleep on the same schedule. You'll get more sleep.

My former co-workers gave me a Diaper Party and I didn't have to buy diapers for 3 months.

Plan a special afternoon for your older child once in a while. Either take turns or get grandparents to babysit.

Also, I hope you have family in this area. We wouldn't of survived without them that first year.

Thanks everyone!

We disappeared from the computer for a few days over the holiday weekend. I'll still take hints and advice from you and appreciate the words of wisdom already shared.

I heard about a twin baby supply sale in Cobb County - I think it was August, so not sure if that is the same as the one mentioned in late July.

That might be a good place to start on getting items needed.

I'd love to go to the Macy's sale. I missed it this weekend, so maybe it's still going on.

The older kids used Huggies as well, but that story about buying ahead of time and then having to return them has me a bit nervous! lol.

Congrats on the twins! I am a identical twin and it has always been fun although I never knew anything different. My Mom said that we were easier as babies than my younger sister, but it could just be that she was a difficult baby (and still is as an adult LOL).

Do you know if they are identical or not? The only thing I wished that my Mom had done differently was stop dressing us alike way earlier than she did. It is cute when twins are little, but we wore the same thing until we were 13 years old. It was a shock to everybody when we started dressing differently. It was great for us because we had double the clothes. Finally at the age of 13 we decided that we looked stupid dressing alike and stopped. It didn't harm us mentally, I don't think. LOL

Being called "The Twins" sounds cute, but was so annoying when we were teen agers. Now we love to be asked if we are twins. Usually people will ask if we are sisters and when we tell them we are twins they act like they have never seen grown twins together. As adults our lives have grown differently. She has kids and I never did. We just found out recently that each of us envied the other one's life. Your twins will have a special bond that is different than just being siblings. We always tell people we were womb mates before we were room mates.

Oh and remember to split the chewing gum in half. No one gets the bigger side. LOL It was so important to us when we were little. LOL

You can get super cheap diapers (pampers) on amazon.com. You will need to sign up for the moms club (I think that's what it's called) and auto ship. You can make changes as needed.

Dang, I thought you were going to say something about how awesome me and my twin sister are!!! :unsure: :rofl:

My dad is an identical twin too. My uncle passed away about 4 years ago though.

I know the babies are in separate sacs so I assume/hope not identical (no playing tricks on us)!.

I did find the Cobb Moms of Multiples site and they apparently have a huge sale at the end of August.

I plan to go see if anything is left at Macy's hopefully today or tomorrow.

It's still to early to know what we're having, so not sure if I should buy generic green, yellow and purple for now.

• 1 month later...

My dad is an identical twin too. My uncle passed away about 4 years ago though.

I know the babies are in separate sacs so I assume/hope not identical (no playing tricks on us)!.

I did find the Cobb Moms of Multiples site and they apparently have a huge sale at the end of August.

I plan to go see if anything is left at Macy's hopefully today or tomorrow.

It's still to early to know what we're having, so not sure if I should buy generic green, yellow and purple for now.

UPDATE:

Today we learned that my sister will have one boy and one girl! YEA!

I guess I can now pick colors when I go shopping. Anymore sales going on that I should be aware of for winter babies? We probably have some girl stuff, just have to get it organized! We definitely need some boy stuff though.

Congrats on the twins! I am a identical twin and it has always been fun although I never knew anything different. My Mom said that we were easier as babies than my younger sister, but it could just be that she was a difficult baby (and still is as an adult LOL).

Do you know if they are identical or not? The only thing I wished that my Mom had done differently was stop dressing us alike way earlier than she did. It is cute when twins are little, but we wore the same thing until we were 13 years old. It was a shock to everybody when we started dressing differently. It was great for us because we had double the clothes. Finally at the age of 13 we decided that we looked stupid dressing alike and stopped. It didn't harm us mentally, I don't think. LOL

Being called "The Twins" sounds cute, but was so annoying when we were teen agers. Now we love to be asked if we are twins. Usually people will ask if we are sisters and when we tell them we are twins they act like they have never seen grown twins together. As adults our lives have grown differently. She has kids and I never did. We just found out recently that each of us envied the other one's life. Your twins will have a special bond that is different than just being siblings. We always tell people we were womb mates before we were room mates.

Oh and remember to split the chewing gum in half. No one gets the bigger side. LOL It was so important to us when we were little. LOL

Agreed! I am an identical twin too. I HATED to be referred to as "one of the twins" growing up. HELLO- I have a name and it isn't TWIN!! But now being grown, I love when my sister and I are out shopping and people look at us and ask if we are twins.

I can tell you that dressing alike is ok when little but not in middle school :ninja: I hated that! Even though we looked alike we had way different personalities.

My parents decided that in school we would have different teachers and not be in the same class together. I am so grateful they did that as it allowed each of us to make friends separately.

Also you MUST MUST MUST split everything EQUALLY in half!!! I can remember so many times that we would argue about the other one getting the bigger half. :D My mom still to this day makes sure on Holidays and birthdays that we each get the same number of gifts.

My sister can drive me CRAZY at times but the bond between us is like no other. Completely different then my other sisters.

Agreed! I am an identical twin too. I HATED to be referred to as "one of the twins" growing up. HELLO- I have a name and it isn't TWIN!! But now being grown, I love when my sister and I are out shopping and people look at us and ask if we are twins.

I can tell you that dressing alike is ok when little but not in middle school :ninja: I hated that! Even though we looked alike we had way different personalities.

My parents decided that in school we would have different teachers and not be in the same class together. I am so grateful they did that as it allowed each of us to make friends separately.

Also you MUST MUST MUST split everything EQUALLY in half!!! I can remember so many times that we would argue about the other one getting the bigger half. :D My mom still to this day makes sure on Holidays and birthdays that we each get the same number of gifts.

My sister can drive me CRAZY at times but the bond between us is like no other. Completely different then my other sisters.

This will apply to us too I think, even though it's a boy and a girl - gotta keep things somewhat fair, right? I mean, you already have to share the same birthday!

I'm glad that it's one of each, so even though they'll be twins, they will not have to dress alike, etc.

This will apply to us too I think, even though it's a boy and a girl - gotta keep things somewhat fair, right? I mean, you already have to share the same birthday!

I'm glad that it's one of each, so even though they'll be twins, they will not have to dress alike, etc.

I guess with them being a boy and girl you won't have to dress them alike! My sister has twins (boy and girl) and she TRIES to make their outfits match - LOL.

I have twins that will be a year old sept. I am getting rid of a bunch of this stuff. I have 2 bouncers, 2 swings, well 2 of everything. All of it was bought brand new and is nice stuff. If you are interested in coming to look and see if there is anything you want let me know. Good luck and congrats.

Edited by jasonclancy0428
  • Like 1

I have twins that will be a year old sept. I am getting rid of a bunch of this stuff. I have 2 bouncers, 2 swings, well 2 of everything. All of it was bought brand new and is nice stuff. If you are interested in coming to look and see if there is anything you want let me know. Good luck and congrats.

Thanks! Sending PM.

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone - update on our family....

My sister is 25 weeks and on bed rest! She's been on bed rest for about 3 weeks now.

I've been really busy helping out with the other munchkins. We're hoping she'll make it for about 2 more months at least (ideally closer to Mid-January but we'll take what we can get).

I've picked up a few items here and there, but still need to get us stocked on diapers and some baby boy clothes for sure.

Prayers are appreciated, and I'll try to keep ya'll posted.

Congratulations! The thought of twins scares me to death!!! I'm sure you'll be great just by the fact that you're able to type words on a keyboard after getting that news :huh: !!! Seriously, congratulations and I hope you have a great pregnancy with little yucky-ness and loaded with good things.:wub: