Paulding.com

wth is wrong with parents

WTF is wrong with parents these days? 10 year old girls wearing the same slutty clothes as 22 year olds, only smaller in size (not that there's anything wrong with the way a 22 year old dresses - i appreciate it). 15 years ago, 10 year old girls were still wearing Barney clothes. Now they're wearing booty shorts and yoga pants.

Sometimes I want to stop time, punch the dad AND mom in the face and shake some sense into them.

• Like 6

I'll gladly back you up next time you go on a punching spree. I do hear from parents of that age children that SO MUCH of the stuff in the stores is geared this way, but don't EVEN bother to tell me you can't find something suitable for a kid to wear that doesn't make her look like a slut. It maybe be a little (or a lot) harder to find, but I guarantee you can find it. And if there's a market for it, somebody will fill it.

WTF is wrong with parents these days? 10 year old girls wearing the same slutty clothes as 22 year olds, only smaller in size (not that there's anything wrong with the way a 22 year old dresses - i appreciate it). 15 years ago, 10 year old girls were still wearing Barney clothes. Now they're wearing booty shorts and yoga pants.

Sometimes I want to stop time, punch the dad AND mom in the face and shake some sense into them.

DD (11) does not where booty shorts or yoga pants but I have to ask... What is wrong with yoga pants? Basically sweatpants correct?:pardon:

I do gotta say though, it is very tacky for little girls to wear shorts or pants with words across the butt. That just draws people's eyes to your little girl's behind, and I dunno about you but I dont want people looking at my daughter's booty.

Check the "petifile" registry-there's probably one in your neighborhood! Don't they know they are encougaging the perverts to drool? Just because older women wear them doesn't mean that children should. And while we're on the subject, just because you're of age, does that mean you should dress like that going grocery shopping? One womans clothes were so tight and skimpy that every time she bent over EVERYTHING hung out. Couldn't help but see it-she was right in front of me and ther was a traffic blockage of men waiting on it. Why don't they just save it for going out in?

I was wondering that too? Yoga pants are cute and basically 0% revealing.

most yoga pants are spandex ... I think that's what he's talking about?

I agree the statement that the clothing that is geared towards that. My 4 year old is in a size 6/7 ... and I have the hardest time finding shorts that are not booty shorts for her and shirts that are just as bad. For whatever reason, clothing designer's must think it's cute to dress little girls in that type of clothing ... but we do not! There are very few retailers that still offer LITTLE GIRL CLOTHING.

OH ... and bathing suits! WHO PUTS THEIR 4 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER IN A STRING BIKINI????? My husband and teenage boys would literally die of heart failure if they EVER saw my daughter in a string bikini ... especially at the age of 4!!!

Just amazing what people will allow their girls to wear!

Okay, I'm done now ....

my child is 16 and will ALWAYS be fully clothed ... I buy her clothes and I have to approve. Even if she is buying them with her babysitting money I still have to approve

And the comment about the moms wanting their daughters to be well like by boys is CRAZY!!! those parents are CRAZY!!!! My mom told me to have self respect and to leave something to the imagination and I had no trouble finding boys to like me...lol I caught nabbed married me a good one

• Like 2

DD (11) does not where booty shorts or yoga pants but I have to ask... What is wrong with yoga pants? Basically sweatpants correct?:pardon:

Probably because some are so form fitting, the girls may as well be wearing paint.

I do gotta say though, it is very tacky for little girls to wear shorts or pants with words across the butt. That just draws people's eyes to your little girl's behind, and I dunno about you but I dont want people looking at my daughter's booty.

The same can apply to words across their chest. It's one thing to have a school name or initials that can be scanned in a split second. It's quite another to have a complete sustenance that takes a few seconds to read.

Fortunately, my girls are all very modest in their dress. They're even picky about finding swimsuits to wear in our backyard pool.

my child is 16 and will ALWAYS be fully clothed ... I buy her clothes and I have to approve. Even if she is buying them with her babysitting money I still have to approve

And the comment about the moms wanting their daughters to be well like by boys is CRAZY!!! those parents are CRAZY!!!! My mom told me to have self respect and to leave something to the imagination and I had no trouble finding boys to like me...lol I caught nabbed married me a good one

My comment wasn't meant for everyone, only the moms who allow their daughters to dress like that. I've seen it countless times. Some mom's get so wrapped up in the social lives of their dd's, they get just as sad as their daughters do when Johnny dosen't call. It's pathetic. It seems like so many moms just want their kids to be popular and will do or allow whatever it takes.

Edited by jenilyn

Maybe someone should write a letter to Diane Sawyer on abc news world tonight and get her and her staff to do a piece on this. Maybe the manufacturers of little girls clothes will take notice and put more thought into what they're putting in the stores.

• Like 1

I didn't understand what was wrong with yoga pants either. Even tight leggings on a little girl who isn't developed aren't shocking, just pair with a longer shirt.

I do agree with his post that many kids are being dressed inappropriately for their age

My 4 1/2 year old is still in toddler sizes,but just passing the older section worries me about the years to come.If I don't wear shorts that show my butt cheeks,why do I want my child wearing them???And shirts with padding in them,for 6 year olds?No thank you!

I think it's crazy and I don't even have a daughter! My husbands daughter just turned 13 and for the last year or two has been wearing thick black eyeliner, tight clothes and red lipstick....and to make it worse she is really ahem....well developed so she looks like she is easily 18 years old.

:blink: :blink:

I just got back from Penney's buying some clothes for the 6 yr old granddaughter. I got a lot of cute outfits that look like they are for a 6 yr old and not a hooker so they are out there! Parents just need to be more selective when they buy them clothes. They had a good sale on them too! Got her 5 complete outfits (shorts & tops, capris & tops & dresses) plus a shirt for me and 6 pocket tees for hubby for 127.00 - I thought that was pretty good. I agree that little girls need to look like little girls and not teenagers! So many cute things that are age appropriate so I blame the parents as they are the ones that buy them the trashy looking clothes.

Oh, and buy the correct size instead of getting them 1-2 sizes too small to make them tighter! Ridiculous in my opinion.

• Like 1

From what i've noticed, being the mom of a 13 year old girl, mom's want their daughters to be well liked by boys and popular. Thats why they allow it. I fully, 100% believe that.

I would certainly agree with that! As a dad I finally got tired of pulling my hair out trying to get my wife to allow what was suitable for my kids to wear. :wacko:

Maybe someone should write a letter to Diane Sawyer on abc news world tonight and get her and her staff to do a piece on this. Maybe the manufacturers of little girls clothes will take notice and put more thought into what they're putting in the stores.

Oh, it's been covered many times by various media. There are also many books on the market about this very subject, which is the sexualization of young girls. But it always comes back to the fact that as long as people buy them, the manufacturers will continue to sell such clothing. They created the trend, to establish children as fashion-conscious consumers at the earliest age possible. Unless people stop buying, they will continue selling.

My comment wasn't meant for everyone, only the moms who allow their daughters to dress like that. I've seen it countless times. Some mom's get so wrapped up in the social lives of their dd's, they get just as sad as their daughters do when Johnny dosen't call. It's pathetic. It seems like so many moms just want their kids to be popular and will do or allow whatever it takes.

I agree completely. I have observed the same trend, including with some who are not exactly young and immature parents; in fact, many are educated professionals. This is the stereotypical image of the "cheerleader mom." This trend of living vicariously cuts across the spectrum.

Edited by Veritas

I find it shocking that you can buy *padded* bras for children.

http://www.shopjustice.com/girls-clothing/soft_cup_bras/multi-dot-removable-pad-bra/5110245

The smallest size available in this bra (according to their own size chart!) fits an 8 to 10 year old girl.

My 6 year old loves to shop at Justice and I admit, I do get most of her clothes from there. But, she won't be wearing a bra when she's 8 and certainly not a padded one.

May I add that back in the day lets say around the mid eighties when parachute pants were in for everybody to wear... I bought a pair with money from working and came home one day to find $17.43 on my dresser. I could not figure out why until I looked for my pants. My father returned them becaus I was 18 but lived under his roof (hence the reason of gaoing away to college) I kept my mouth shut and the day after I went to college I bought a pair. Even when the schools had spirit week and for punk rock day everyone dressed up except me. he said no and I had no choice.

As far as my children 3 are out of the house and better not look like a ho, slut, hooker when I see them because of their ages it would be assault and battery no longer child abuse!

http://www.shopjustice.com/girls-clothing/soft_cup_bras/multi-dot-removable-pad-bra/5110245

The smallest size available in this bra (according to their own size chart!) fits an 8 to 10 year old girl.

My 6 year old loves to shop at Justice and I admit, I do get most of her clothes from there. But, she won't be wearing a bra when she's 8 and certainly not a padded one.

My sisters step daughter has worn a padded bra since she was about 9. Same for her bathing suits. Her mom also spends thousands of dollars a year for competition cheerleading when she can't afford her bills. like I said, some moms will do ANYTHING to make their daughters popular.

I'll gladly back you up next time you go on a punching spree. I do hear from parents of that age children that SO MUCH of the stuff in the stores is geared this way, but don't EVEN bother to tell me you can't find something suitable for a kid to wear that doesn't make her look like a slut. It maybe be a little (or a lot) harder to find, but I guarantee you can find it. And if there's a market for it, somebody will fill it.

You absolutely can find suitable things, but these days you actually have to LOOK for them. Used to, you could go to the store, pick something out and be done with it. Not now. I went to 5 stores looking for my 8 year old granddaughter sundresses, plain old sundresses, in May. Never found what I was looking for, I settled with the attitude 'this will do'. I did find clothes with shredded and jagged edges, chains, skulls, torn lace, etc. and that was at Kohls, I was shocked. I think Madonna supplied all that I found there.

http://www.shopjusti...pad-bra/5110245

From the reviews on the link you posted...

"this bra is sooooooooooooooo comfortable it was just right on me although im only 8 this bra still fits me great! Even though i dont need one! it still rocks!so i highly recommend this bra it fits perfect too!"

WOW..........

My 12 year old step daughter is in Junior sizes and I have a very hard time finding decent shorts. 99% of the time all I can find is Booty shorts. When we went to try on shorts at Kohls, I had her to bend over every time she tried on a pair. Needless to say after trying on about 10 different pairs we walked away with 3 pairs.

I totally agree with the poster who said so many of the moms of these girls are living vicariously through their daughters and dying for them to be popular. When my daughter was in elementary school, I'd say about 4th grade, you started noticing the "popularity" divide beginning. The skinny, sassy little girls started dressing like miniature teenagers. This was back when Limited Too was the place to shop and they sold the teeny, tiny shorts and tight little tops to match. At the time my daughter while not overweight was also not a stick girl so the majority of the clothes in the store were not going to work on her. Of course I wouldn't have let her wear most of them anyways, but we did buy her some normal sized t-shirts there and every once in a while they would have bermuda length shorts that we'd get.

Fast forward to high school where she is now a Junior. Those same girls from 4th grade are now the "popular" girls. They are also the ones posting pictures of themselves in bikinis and even bras and underwear on their Facebook pages, talking like trashy sailors and just general nastiness. My daugher used to get so frustrated that these girls would get hundreds of comments on a picture and she never got very many. I pointed out that when 95 of your 100 comments consist of "Damn baby you're hot" then you weren't getting the right kind of compliments. It's just so sad to me that these girls are so desperate for attention and they will do anything to get it. I have a feeling many of them are unhappy no matter the false face they put on. Thankfully my daughter has grown into a fantastic young woman who could care less about what everyone else thinks. She dresses for comfort and to make herself happy. I am thankful I didn't fall into the trap of trying to popularize her like so many of the other girls moms did.

My 4 1/2 year old is still in toddler sizes,but just passing the older section worries me about the years to come.If I don't wear shorts that show my butt cheeks,why do I want my child wearing them???And shirts with padding in them,for 6 year olds?No thank you!

No way has it been 4 1/2 years already!!:o :o :o Dang... I'm getting old.:ph34r:

I totally agree with the poster who said so many of the moms of these girls are living vicariously through their daughters and dying for them to be popular. When my daughter was in elementary school, I'd say about 4th grade, you started noticing the "popularity" divide beginning. The skinny, sassy little girls started dressing like miniature teenagers. This was back when Limited Too was the place to shop and they sold the teeny, tiny shorts and tight little tops to match. At the time my daughter while not overweight was also not a stick girl so the majority of the clothes in the store were not going to work on her. Of course I wouldn't have let her wear most of them anyways, but we did buy her some normal sized t-shirts there and every once in a while they would have bermuda length shorts that we'd get.

Fast forward to high school where she is now a Junior. Those same girls from 4th grade are now the "popular" girls. They are also the ones posting pictures of themselves in bikinis and even bras and underwear on their Facebook pages, talking like trashy sailors and just general nastiness. My daugher used to get so frustrated that these girls would get hundreds of comments on a picture and she never got very many. I pointed out that when 95 of your 100 comments consist of "Damn baby you're hot" then you weren't getting the right kind of compliments. It's just so sad to me that these girls are so desperate for attention and they will do anything to get it. I have a feeling many of them are unhappy no matter the false face they put on. Thankfully my daughter has grown into a fantastic young woman who could care less about what everyone else thinks. She dresses for comfort and to make herself happy. I am thankful I didn't fall into the trap of trying to popularize her like so many of the other girls moms did.

Same here, my daughter is an emo kid. She could care less what's popular or cool. She likes what she likes and I couldn't be happier about it. she wants to wear jeans in 95 degree weather, ok by me. Other than the fact I worry about a heat stroke. :wacko: :D

My 12 year old step daughter is in Junior sizes and I have a very hard time finding decent shorts. 99% of the time all I can find is Booty shorts. When we went to try on shorts at Kohls, I had her to bend over every time she tried on a pair. Needless to say after trying on about 10 different pairs we walked away with 3 pairs.

When my daughter was a teen, she's 21 now, we called, what you just described, as "do the drill."

I had her bend over so I could make sure her behind wasn't hanging out, and squat so I could be sure her underwear wasn't hanging out!

Every pair of shorts she'd try on I'd say, "okay, do the drill". :lol:

I was told if I couldn't find decent shorts I would wear pants. Case Closed lol

My daughter is 11 and she has to wear bra's I do get some with pad in them because like grown ups somethings get hard on her to. So i try to keep that where if shes around boys and is cold they can't tell there. Crazy i know

Same here. My mom gave her a pair and my daughter was like MOM grandma gave me booty shorts.lol It's not funny but you had to be here. I had her to try them on and they are a little short but she is tall for her age and that's the only pair she has like this. We go to Ingles and she was wearing them 2 girls came around the corner and my daughter was like mom and I thought I had on booty shorts. Let's just say you could see everything

I was told if I couldn't find decent shorts I would wear pants. Case Closed lol

Same here or we had cut offs. So my mom made sure they where at the knees

My daughter is 11 and she has to wear bra's I do get some with pad in them because like grown ups somethings get hard on her to. So i try to keep that where if shes around boys and is cold they can't tell there. Crazy i know

I think there's a difference between necessity (like your daughter) and an 8 year old who just wants to look like she has boobs.

Check this out...............since when (as I have posted this pic a couple of times before) does a 4 yer old need a bra, and really doesn't even "need" to know what it is and what it's used for!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC05733KohlsSalePaper.jpg

Check this out...............since when (as I have posted this pic a couple of times before) does a 4 yer old need a bra, and really doesn't even "need" to know what it is and what it's used for!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC05733KohlsSalePaper.jpg

Scary. So sad that there is actually a market for this.

SuuuuuuWeeeeeeet fancy Moses....I cant talk about this here again lest I end up with bullets and nasty emails from Mothers who are jealously and vicariously living their sordid lives out thru their innocent, underage, unassuming daughters.

I can only say that I AGREE with a passion. It's sick...SICK. Thank GOD I had a GREAT Mother.

Alluring words on the hinney of short shorts of a girl under 18? Awwwwwwwwwwwwww HAYELL naw.

Shutting up now :pardon: .

• Like 1

If they are still wearing cartoon panties should they really be wearing a bra? :wacko: :o

HAAA! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true! :drinks: So true. Crazy, aint it? Sick, sick, sick.