Paulding.com

May Augusta "Anne" Brown Carson

Not sure if anyone knew her from here. She was born August 25, 1932 in Alabama. We lived in Hiram across from the school since 1963. People used to park in our yard for the Fall Festival. She worked at ARA services with Lockheed for many years. She was preceded in death by her parents, Lois and Rev. Aubry Brown from Valley, Alabama, her sister Vivian Nixon, her son Michael in 1965 and her husband, Bennie Frank Carson, in 2001.

She has always been a stubborn woman. She was put on hospice the first time back in 1990 with cirrhosis and survived much to the amazement of everyone. She was put on hospice a 2nd time two years ago with cancer and was given a short time to live. God just wasn't finished with her yet. She went on and off home care until the cancer returned back at christmas. We even celebrated a few days early in case she didn't make it. Well, she made it until yesterday. My sister's birthday. She passed away about 15 minutes after I spoke to her on the phone.

Her life wasn't always easy. She lost her first husband a few months befofe Michael was born. He was sevely disabled. SHe went on to raise 4 pretty decent kids. She has 8 grandchildren and numerous great grandchildren.

Please keep us in your prayers as we lay her beside my father. My heart is breaking, but I know she won't hurt anymore. I saw her last Saturday for the last time. I took her outside and it was a beautiful (but windy and a little too cool). I could tell she was happy. Last night I looked at the stars after a rainy day and they were clear and shining and beautiful. I will miss how we used to talk daily, how she could calm me down during panic attacks. How she used to rub my hair when I was sick as a little girl. How she cut up my bologna toasts for me even after I was big enough to do it. Her impersonation of a scary person who would literally make you fear for your life. How she loved to listen to her brothers sing gospel music. Her evil eye. Her button up white shirts with the pocket on the front. Those stinky Lucky Strike cigarettes.

I'll miss her..................

So sorry for your loss.

She sounds like a remarkable woman :)

My inlaws may have know her.

4 worked at lockheed for MANY years.

I hope you have more family members esp. for support through this and this weekend.

God be with you, give you peace. :)

your in my thoughts & prayers

Bless your heart!! I'm so sorry for your loss, especially this close to Mother's Day. Your mom sounds like an amazing woman. I know you will miss her. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

Sounds like a WONDERFUL women you have "lost". God has taken the pain and suffering and given you memories to keep her alive within, he will also provide you a special Angel for life!

God Bless!

What a loving tribute to your Mother. And I'm sure she's smiling right now, along with your Father.

I will be thinking of you this Sunday. May God comfort you and your family during this sad, sad time. Just remember...you'll surely see her again.

Edited to say - I know that by me saying you'll see her again probably doesn't hold too much comfort right now. It will. It's what keeps me going after sixteen years of not having my Mom. May peace and blessings be with you.

Edited by KenMag

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. They were deeply felt and appreciated. She is at peace and looked more content than I had seen her in years. She was beautiful.