Paulding.com

I am sure I am not the only one, but do you have people you just want to delete off your fb, but cant. Like maybe an old friend you really do not even like.

I want to delete these people, but then I always have this fear of seeing them somewhere. I need NC-17 or DGW just to go in there and delete a bunch of people. They would do it. lol

Why can not I not just delete these people? I am so scared of the drama of it. I just should not care.

I know I can not be the only one. lol

I've been thinking of "purging" my friends list as well :unsure:

I did this to my phone recently, it was a refreshing feeling :)

I am sure I am not the only one, but do you have people you just want to delete off your fb, but cant. Like maybe an old friend you really do not even like.

I want to delete these people, but then I always have this fear of seeing them somewhere. I need NC-17 or DGW just to go in there and delete a bunch of people. They would do it. lol

Why can not I not just delete these people? I am so scared of the drama of it. I just should not care.

There are some people that I have deleted, and then there are those I just put on hide for various reasons.

That way, if all the post are negatives, or religious stuff, or nothing but music videos, I don't have to read them every day, but can still communicate with them. Make sense?

I deleted AND blocked my own mother from my facebook account. I just couldn't stand all the drama and bull anymore. Things that I have been putting up with during my whole life from her. One day she went too far and that was the last straw for me. After deleting and blocking her, she started harassing me by phone and my husband had to ask her to stop before she finally did. That was last fall and my life has been so peaceful since then.

What'd I ever do to you CE? jus kidding, and yes, there are people I would LOVE to delete, but..... I feel your pain!!!

I deleted my cousin because she is a ......

While I was sick I deleted a self centered cousin and who was upset I could not attend her third wedding because of my chemotherapy treatment, and she did not talk to me at our Christmas family gathering. None of my family stood up for me, which is not usual she is the golden child. I was very mad at the time, but later realized it was the best Christmas as of yet. My motto is....if you do not need them just delete them. I will help any one I can but I can not stand self centered people. Too much drama.

A friend had along the same issues. She deleted her entire fb acct, stayed off for about a month and then opened another one in a different name. When asked about it, she merely said "I let it take up too much of my time and I didn't need to be in everybody's drama. It was just too much" That explanation worked. Maybe something to consider.... :pardon:

yea, I have friends I like less because of facebook. After years of reading other peoples crap you start to realize things about them you didn't know before. I have lots of people on hide. Some of them I regret putting on hide & I haven't figured out how to reverse it.

If you don't want to delete them you can always hide them and you will not see their post.

I hide people that I like, but are just annoying. lol

I just have this girl I really do not like. I just know if I delete her it will be drama. (we were once good friends)

I just may hide her from my page. That way she can not see anything.

It is stuff like this when I hate fb. I just wish I could delete her without the drama of it.

I really do not understand girls and their drama. I just hate it so bad. I try to stay are far away as possible from people like this.

What happen to loyal friends? Okay, thanks for the vent. lol I have made closer friends meeting them from pcom than ones i had since highschool. I have lost my mind :blink: lol

Edited by CarolineElizabeth

I hide people that I like, but are just annoying. lol

I just have this girl I really do not like. I just know if I delete her it will be drama. (we were once good friends)

I just may hide her from my page. That way she can not see anything.

It is stuff like this when I hate fb. I just wish I could delete her without the drama of it.

I really do not understand girls and their drama. I just hate it so bad. I try to stay are far away as possible from people like this.

What happen to loyal friends? Okay, thanks for the vent. lol I have made closer friends meeting them from pcom than ones i had since highschool. I have lost my mind :blink: lol

Putting her on hide does not stop HER from seeing your stuff, it just stops her stuff from being in your newsfeed.

yea, I have friends I like less because of facebook. After years of reading other peoples crap you start to realize things about them you didn't know before. I have lots of people on hide. Some of them I regret putting on hide & I haven't figured out how to reverse it.

On your newsfeed page, go to the very bottom. There is a tab for "edit options" and you can go to their name and click unhide.

Putting her on hide does not stop HER from seeing your stuff, it just stops her stuff from being in your newsfeed.

On your newsfeed page, go to the very bottom. There is a tab for "edit options" and you can go to their name and click unhide.

I meant block her from my wall.

I know this is crazy talk BUT I have an idea....... DON'T HAVE A FACEBOOK!!!! Anyone you do enjoy keeping up with you will still keep up with them because you care to take the time to call, go to dinner, text. If neither of you have the time for that then you might not be as good of friends as you think you are.

I'm not really talking directly at you CE, just in general terms about FB.

• Like 1

I deleted AND blocked my own mother from my facebook account. I just couldn't stand all the drama and bull anymore. Things that I have been putting up with during my whole life from her. One day she went too far and that was the last straw for me. After deleting and blocking her, she started harassing me by phone and my husband had to ask her to stop before she finally did. That was last fall and my life has been so peaceful since then.

You go, girl. I am ALL ABOUT not putting up with crap any more in my life, and I think you did a very healthy thing. :)

I know this is crazy talk BUT I have an idea....... DON'T HAVE A FACEBOOK!!!! Anyone you do enjoy keeping up with you will still keep up with them because you care to take the time to call, go to dinner, text. If neither of you have the time for that then you might not be as good of friends as you think you are.

I'm not really talking directly at you CE, just in general terms about FB.

I'm with you there, sister. I've been through some REALLY rough years lately, and I just have no patience for stuff like this. I'm happy some others like it - my SIL keeps up with tons of family and friends that way. But it's just not for me. I tried it and hated it, and I feel so much better knowing I no longer have a FB account.

Oh I like fb too much to delete it. One bad seed will not make me get rid of it. lol I was just thinking how it is stupid I just do not delete this person I do not like. I should just delete her and be done, but I am too scared lol

I have too many friends I like to stay in touch with, family members in other states I get to see way more because of it, and plus it is entertaining if I am bored sometimes.

Not to mention I have became friends with people off pcom bc I got to know them from their fb. Then it makes it easier to meet new friends in the area.

Edited by CarolineElizabeth

I had to delete someone who I used to be very good friends with. :( He was extremely vocal about his politcal opinions, and it got to be the only thing he ever posted about. I got sick of seeing it so *zoink* he was gone.

I've also deleted a few people that I wasn't even sure why I added them in the first place. :lol: Like people from high school that I never really liked anyway.

:good:

I deleted about a dozen last night. I figure most will never realize it. If they do, and want to add me back (which has happened in the past), I add them back. I deleted one last night that I had not even had her show on visible updates for several months because I got tired of hearing about her crappy job when I'd been out of work for over a year. If I'm not going to read their updates, no point in having them as a friend.

If you're afraid of the drama deleting them will cause, they aren't really friends. Just DO IT!

at your service......

there really are some folks on your friends list that shouldn't be there. :mellow:

Every few months I delete people that haven't said anything in months, speak a different language more than english. People who delete me and then send me another friends requests months down the road, I don't accept. I have VERY FEW people that live in Paulding county on my facebook. I also delete people that are only after information, spying on others, drama, and people who are constantly negative.....etc...

I like to set people up on lists. Like, my mother, my bff's mother, my ex mother in law, my great aunt, those people get on a special list that can't see some things I post. I don't want to give anyone a heart attack. I also have every kid that has friended me (my kids' friends, kids from the dance school, etc.) on a list that can't see my wall, anything I post, etc because I am NOT appropriate. FB has made it easier than ever to do it now.

I did delete mine. Then I paniced cause I have an AVON page for my business (go "like" it I do giveaways and freebies all the time) http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=116055591739400 so I added my name to my husband cause he never uses it anymore. Now of course I am back to being on FB all the time lol oh well lift is short and I enjoy the quit contact with all my friends and family.

I like to set people up on lists. Like, my mother, my bff's mother, my ex mother in law, my great aunt, those people get on a special list that can't see some things I post. I don't want to give anyone a heart attack. I also have every kid that has friended me (my kids' friends, kids from the dance school, etc.) on a list that can't see my wall, anything I post, etc because I am NOT appropriate. FB has made it easier than ever to do it now.

how do you do this?

You can do that?! Instructions, please! :)

My BFF and I have always said this is what would make FB perfect. I need to put my peeps in "boxes". LOL

Delete the girl and forget about it. If she's an adult and causes drama because someone deleted her from a social networking group and it upsets her enough to act out about it, you don't need her around anyhow. I do it all the time and don't look back. When people I know use Facebook to ridicule others or spew their brand of hatred or ignorance, they get deleted and blocked. I even hide or delete narcissistic people who consistently talk about how incredibly great they are as compared to rest of use mere mortals. Same goes for people who always take on the role of victim. I can only take so much from people who whine every single day about how miserable life is for them and yet they never take any responsibility at all for how it got that way. Everybody vents but “professional” victims and narcissists are not welcome on my page. I even hide my nieces pages because of all of their teenage drama, it’s just too much and too stupid. I don’t even want to see it.

You can do that?! Instructions, please! :)

My BFF and I have always said this is what would make FB perfect. I need to put my peeps in "boxes". LOL

you go on privacy and then custom and then hide someone from that setting. you have to do it to every setting for pics- wall- status etc

:rofl: :rofl:

It will start coming back to you now that you work normal hours again. ;)

I am just happy I found a job that will allow me to come play back on Pcom and FB

I have missed it dearly and need to get back into my grove of posting on here

I am just happy I found a job that will allow me to come play back on Pcom and FB

I have missed it dearly and need to get back into my grove of posting on here

I know. You went from my #1 poster friend, to eh... I'll get to ya when I can. :lol: <_<

I doubt anyone will notice, if they are anything like my FB friends. One had been deleted MONTHS before she realized it. She only wanted to be a FB friend so she could send me a wedding announcement. Now, she's been deleted again.

Okay, I did it. Now I am nervous lol

I must be on the inappropriate list. :ninja:

I need to clean house in my friends list as well but haven't got the gumption to do it...yet.