Paulding.com

We were having fun at the station yesterday

My wife is thinking about going to school for Physical Therapy Assistants. So one of the things they were saying was that she would have to take this test. So I look it up and we start going over the questions. Like this one...

Jill has 16 jelly beans in her pocket. 8 red, 4 green and 4 blue. What is the minimum number of jelly beans she must take out of her pocket to insure that she has at least 1 of each color?

A. 8

B. 9

C. 12

D. 13

And after doing a few of these questions I'm thinking maybe should should look into something else.:blink: I got it right, but I know she has a hard time figuring out how much is 20% off $35.:ninja:

And yes, I got all the ones right that I tried. Now it may not have been through pure book knowledge, but I know how to reason out answers on a multiple choice test real well. And alot of times it is faster to go that way than following an equation.:good:

Why would anyone need to know stuff like that to do physical therapy?

I guess it is like the SAT. It is not exactly what you know as much as they are looking to see how well you can apply that knowledge and skills to solve problems in an effective and timely manner. And that would show that you have the skills required to successfully complete their training program.

I'll be at your house in just a little while to finish up.:drinks:

I guess it is like the SAT. It is not exactly what you know as much as they are looking to see how well you can apply that knowledge and skills to solve problems in an effective and timely manner. And that would show that you have the skills required to successfully complete their training program.

I'll be at your house in just a little while to finish up.:drinks:

Great! Watch out for snakes.....

The same reason why I would need to know it to be a nurse...its just an aptitude test

Oh. Good thing I'm not trying to be a nurse or physical therapist. I don't think I'm smart enough.

Great! Watch out for snakes.....

Oh. Good thing I'm not trying to be a nurse or physical therapist. I don't think I'm smart enough.

I cried all day the day I took the TEAS...hardest test of my life :(

My wife is thinking about going to school for Physical Therapy Assistants. So one of the things they were saying was that she would have to take this test. So I look it up and we start going over the questions. Like this one...

Jill has 16 jelly beans in her pocket. 8 red, 4 green and 4 blue. What is the minimum number of jelly beans she must take out of her pocket to insure that she has at least 1 of each color?

A. 8

B. 9

C. 12

D. 13

And after doing a few of these questions I'm thinking maybe should should look into something else.:blink: I got it right, but I know she has a hard time figuring out how much is 20% off $35.:ninja:

And yes, I got all the ones right that I tried. Now it may not have been through pure book knowledge, but I know how to reason out answers on a multiple choice test real well. And alot of times it is faster to go that way than following an equation.:good:

The real question is what did Jill do with the jelly beans she took out of her pocket? :rofl: OR Did she remember to take the remaining jelly beans out of her pocket before she did her laundry?:yahoo: :pardon: Now that is a real life question!!!!:rofl: :rofl: