Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Cableman41

Thank You

WOW - I missed your original post and any comments (and admittedly am only responding to this current post) but why would you ever apologize to someone for loving your children and fighting to get them off METH??? If we could get METH and prescriptions drug abuse out of this county, Paulding would be a much nicer place to live....IMHO!

Meth is the DEVIL! Have been dealing with it with my son for a couple of years now and it is a fight that will go on for a long time it seems. It just takes control and they are not the same kids that we raised. Sorry you are going through this....

It seems that no matter how long they are off of it they seem to always go back to it.....I just don't understand!

I didn't see your original post either but I agree- Meth is the devil!!!! I have seen first hand what it can do to the person and to their family, haven't seen kids with the meth problem but have been around adults with the problem and they were able to kick it. Praying that you can get this evil away from your families and begin to heal.

Cableman I hope things work out for you and your family.. I know this is a battle you have been fighting for a long time with your daughter.

I am so sorry to hear this. I didn't read the original post, but I do agree that Meth is the devil. I, too, am dealing with this terrible problem with a family member. I recently found out that my beautiful daughter, who I love so very very much, has been doing it for the last 4 years, and I had no idea. She's beautiful, smart, and you'd never know it by looking at her. The sad thing is, she doesn't understand what it's doing to her because she is able to "maintain". She just goes along and doesn't see a problem with it. Also, there's no where to get help if you don't have a lot of money. The rehab places are ridiculously expensive and not an option for people who are just working hard to make ends meet.

I wish you the best of luck with your daughter.

14-35 relapses is normal before someone can get off Meth. It is wicked. Gotta keep trying, give encouragement but don't enable, give money or a place to live. It is very hard and has a very low success rate without jail... or the other alternative death. Unlike other drugs, overdose is uncommon.

Getting the word out about this is important. Never ever do this drug the first time. It will absorb you very quickly. It use to sound like government propagada when they said you get addicted the first time you do drugs. THAT IS TRUE WITH THIS DRUG and it will take over your whole life very very quickly .Its an awful mess.