Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
jess575

Talk me down from the ledge

OK not really that serious, but I am having a super freak out attack about turning 30 next week. I know logically it isn't a big deal. I thought the best way to deal with that day would be to keep myself busy, so I have come up with a plan.

Here's the plan....I want to do 30 random acts of kindness on my birthday. That's where I need help. I need ideas of things I can do. So far I only have a couple of ideas, so your input would be greatly appreciated.

What a great idea! Do you have an elderly neighbor whose groceries you could buy that day, or something else that wouldn't cost as much if you're short on funds?

And hey - a) it's just another day, and 2) it's better than the alternative. ;) But I do love your idea.

From the time I turned 24, I dreaded hitting 30. As it approched, I became much more fearful (frightened, nervous, almost insane) A wonderful woman I worked with talked to me and explained it like this......

Either you get OLD or you die YOUNG!!

Ya know what I have lived by those word for a long time now, and am very happy!!

I celebrate EVERY day above dirt. I hope you do too.

Life begins at 30!!! :drinks:

Edited by krwills

Life begins at 30!!! :drinks:

Honey, that is the TRUTH. I am SUCH a better me in the years since 30 than I ever was in the years before 30.

• Like 3

OK not really that serious, but I am having a super freak out attack about turning 30 next week. I know logically it isn't a big deal. I thought the best way to deal with that day would be to keep myself busy, so I have come up with a plan.

Here's the plan....I want to do 30 random acts of kindness on my birthday. That's where I need help. I need ideas of things I can do. So far I only have a couple of ideas, so your input would be greatly appreciated.

The first thing on your list should be, to be kind to yourself.

You are a wife and mother that does so much for others.

Sit down a make a list of everything that you do for others, make a list of all your personal assets you have developed over 30 years.

Write a letter to yourself telling how proud you are of the woman you have become.

Then hold your own little private ceremony, read it and burn it.

30 is the age of maturity, an age of accomplishment in a woman's life, a time to reflect on being more than a youthful body, that was a gift from God, what is real is the mind and body you have used to serve others.

Nobody can stay youthful, but you can accomplish things that time and gravity can't take away.

Happy Birthday beautiful lady!!!!!

• Like 2

you should come with your 30 something friend today to get her nose pierced ;)

I would love to. Call me and tell me when and where. :)

30?????WOW,that's ancient,that's like older than 29....I bet when I get that old,I won't be able to move these old rickety bones.

Thanks for making me feel so much better!! :p

Great ideas so far. Thank you!

I never understood the fear of turning 30. I couldn't wait because it I was due for a huge party. It is just a number and have you seen women in their 40's, 50's, and 60's now? They are just beautiful. :) You do have a good idea. Do you have kids? Maybe bring birthday cupcakes to your childs office staff at school or the local fire or police department.

• Like 1

I would love to. Call me and tell me when and where. :)

Thanks for making me feel so much better!! :p

Great ideas so far. Thank you!

:D I'm 45,still running over a mile every day,over 100 pushups a day.Life is just getting better

25 bothered me because it's a quarter of a century, 30 is a great age. Now that I'm 60, I wish I had been more supportive of myself and had started taking better care of myself. Doing random acts of kindness is a wonderful idea but at the same time do acts of kindness for yourself too.

take a bag of Hershey kisses and give one to everybody you see that day... Hey I AM gonna do that for mine comin up in Oct. Have a great day that day, and everyone after that that you are breathing. On bad days try smiling even if you don't feel like it. Sometimes you can trick yourself into feeling better when everyone else starts smiling back. :)

You could make Jared boxes and either meet me somewhere and I can take them or we could deliver them together to the children's hospital in Atlanta. I am working on making about 15, but even if you only did 1 then it would be a blessing to a kid. You could even join me to make the boxes and just bring some supplies. See link: http://www.thejaredbox.com/. Let me know if you are interested!

Congratulations on turning 30! It was just another day for me, between the kids and the husband and the business I didn't even have time to celebrate too much! 30's are fun!

I'm 40 going on 41 this August.

I LOVE being in my 40's!!! :yahoo:

I finally feel comfortable in my own skin and have more confidence now than ever!

(of course Papi has a lot to do with that too!)

Rejoice in 30!!

Your now an "official" adult!!! At least that's what I always thought as a little kid! :lol:

And Jess....don't stress about thirty....people as fabulous as we are only get better with age ;)

So true! :wub:

You could make Jared boxes and either meet me somewhere and I can take them or we could deliver them together to the children's hospital in Atlanta. I am working on making about 15, but even if you only did 1 then it would be a blessing to a kid. You could even join me to make the boxes and just bring some supplies. See link: http://www.thejaredbox.com/. Let me know if you are interested!

Congratulations on turning 30! It was just another day for me, between the kids and the husband and the business I didn't even have time to celebrate too much! 30's are fun!

I definitely want to do this. I will send you a PM with some questions this evening when I get home.

Take some cookies to your local fire station.

Best idea ever! What a great present to myself. :swoon:

The first thing on your list should be, to be kind to yourself.

You are a wife and mother that does so much for others.

Sit down a make a list of everything that you do for others, make a list of all your personal assets you have developed over 30 years.

Write a letter to yourself telling how proud you are of the woman you have become.

Then hold your own little private ceremony, read it and burn it.

30 is the age of maturity, an age of accomplishment in a woman's life, a time to reflect on being more than a youthful body, that was a gift from God, what is real is the mind and body you have used to serve others.

Nobody can stay youthful, but you can accomplish things that time and gravity can't take away.

Happy Birthday beautiful lady!!!!!

:wub:

Be happy that you are turning 30!

Each new age number brings on new potentials and it is much better to get older than the alternative.

I think it is a great idea to RAK, hope you find something which makes you happy to do.

CONGRATS & BEST WISHES TO YOU ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!

Go to the shelter and give some attention or treats to the animals. Or, take some food, old newspapers, towels, whatever.

• Like 1

Pay for the person order behind you in drive thru

Drop a donation by a local food or animal shelter even $5 can help

Help somebody to the car with their groveries

Drop cookies off at fire station,sherrif office or hospital

Take flowers to the nursing home to decorate the tables in the gathering areas or bird food in a feeder for the outside areas so they can watch the birds

ok trying to think

Well if your baking I will take some chocolate chip cookies!!

Well if your baking I will take some chocolate chip cookies!!

This could make the decision making process a lot easier. Everyone just PM me your order for baked goods and an address where you would like them dropped off. :lol:

This could make the decision making process a lot easier. Everyone just PM me your order for baked goods and an address where you would like them dropped off. :lol:

I'm gonna need a cake with a file baked in it brought to me at the paulding county jail...after I kill Tow, I'm gonna need it to get me outta jail. :glare:

Find me a house...(no??)

Ok..how 'bout help me collect up items to ship to Joplin, MO? :-)

Save the checkens.

I'm gonna need a cake with a file baked in it brought to me at the paulding county jail...after I kill Tow, I'm gonna need it to get me outta jail. :glare:

:rofl: I'll bust you out. :wub:

I will settle for a giant Reeces Blizzard from DQ lol