Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
onekidmom

Botox Mom loses daughter

My link

A California mother has lost custody of her 8-year-old daughter after she injected the girl with botox in preparation for a beauty pageant.

Instead of using botox why didn't the mom just suck some of the fat out of her own belly and shot it into those wrinkles?

[did I say that out loud?]

Edited by Georgia Dawg
  • Like 1

Let's pray the foster home she gets is a good one. Much worse things can happen to kids taken from their parents. Somethings that happen to these kids would make botox injections desirable. just saying.

Let's pray the foster home she gets is a good one. Much worse things can happen to kids taken from their parents. Somethings that happen to these kids would make botox injections desirable. just saying.

They don't always go straight into foster homes. Preferably she would be placed with extended family if they meet DFCS and Court requirements. :) In that case, let's pray that who ever she is placed with adheres to the court order.

That's terrible! What I don't understand is, it's horrible to inject botox into a child, but DFCS will leave kids in a home where there is drug use and neglect. I'm speaking about a Cobb County case where the mother of two kids does meth and puts all her needs before the kids. They are clothed, fed, and have a home, but the house is always a mess and the mom just drags the kids out all hours of the day and night to see her meth buddies. DFCS was called, but didn't do anything except talk to her. She denied using meth and they left her alone. No real investigation was done. I just don't understand it. Obviously California has a better system than Georgia.

That's terrible! What I don't understand is, it's horrible to inject botox into a child, but DFCS will leave kids in a home where there is drug use and neglect. I'm speaking about a Cobb County case where the mother of two kids does meth and puts all her needs before the kids. They are clothed, fed, and have a home, but the house is always a mess and the mom just drags the kids out all hours of the day and night to see her meth buddies. DFCS was called, but didn't do anything except talk to her. She denied using meth and they left her alone. No real investigation was done. I just don't understand it. Obviously California has a better system than Georgia.

Yep. I've seen plenty of situations where DFCS should have intervened but didn't, yet this lady loses her daughter. This lady was in the wrong, but is the daughter really better off being removed from the home? The woman should have lost her license as an esthetician (sp?), and been ordered some sort of counseling before the child being straight removed. Being removed from your parents is devastating to a child.

I've called DFCS on people who deal crack and stuff out of their home with their kids IN THE HOME while its being done, and DFCS did nothing.nada. There's also some folks that were living in a motel (I wont name the motel in case I could get in trouble), that would lock their kids outside during the day. The kids would knock on the door wanting inside, and the dope head mom ignored them. God knows what she was doing while those kids were locked out for hours at a time. Anyways DFCS was called and again nothing was done.

Its a screwed up system for sure.

Yep. I've seen plenty of situations where DFCS should have intervened but didn't, yet this lady loses her daughter. This lady was in the wrong, but is the daughter really better off being removed from the home? The woman should have lost her license as an esthetician (sp?), and been ordered some sort of counseling before the child being straight removed. Being removed from your parents is devastating to a child. I've called DFCS on people who deal crack and stuff out of their home with their kids IN THE HOME while its being done, and DFCS did nothing.nada. There's also some folks that were living in a motel (I wont name the motel in case I could get in trouble), that would lock their kids outside during the day. The kids would knock on the door wanting inside, and the dope head mom ignored them. God knows what she was doing while those kids were locked out for hours at a time. Anyways DFCS was called and again nothing was done.

Its a screwed up system for sure.

I agree. Clearly the woman needs counseling and maybe some parenting classes but unless there were other reasons we aren't aware of, I think taking the child away was not the best answer.

I believe the woman when she says she's not the only one who injects their daughter with botox for pageants. Some of those pageant moms are certifiable.

My link

A California mother has lost custody of her 8-year-old daughter after she injected the girl with botox in preparation for a beauty pageant.

2 wrongs don't make a right! Mother hurts daughter physically then the state steps in and mentally hurts the daughter, remember that little girl is missing her mom no matter how bad she might be

http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/19/botox-mom-false-fake-hoax-kerry-campbell-sheena-upton-daughter-injections-good-morning-america-gma-inside-edition-the-sun-lies-lied-child-protective-services-ucla-medical-center/

TMZ has obtained a sworn declaration written by Sheena Upton, who claims she was recently approached by the British tabloid, The Sun, and asked "to play the role of Kerry Campbell" for a story called "I Give My 8-Year-Old Daughter Botox."

Upton now confesses The Sun paid her $200 adding, "I was provided with the story, instructions and a script to follow for a recorded interview."

After the story ran in The Sun, Upton says she was approached by "Good Morning America" and "Inside Edition" and claims she was offered "a large fee" to appear on camera. She went on both shows and re-told her story

She also supposedly has her daughter back after making the declaration.

Botox or not, I don't think taking a daughter away from her Mom was the proper solution. It seems a little extreme when there were other things she could be ordered to do and other types of "punishments". That poor girl.

She also supposedly has her daughter back after making the declaration.

I believe the girl was tested and found not to have Botox in her. I don't think ripping her out of her home was the wisest decision either.

So a child testifies, on camera (haven't you seen the pictures?!), that her mother (an uncertified professional) injected her face with a illegally obtain substance and you think that removing the child from the home is too extreme?

Please reach in and remove your own uterus; because parents should require a license.

• Like 1

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0518_botox_2.pdf

The medical report determined the child had never received the treatments.

I understand that it was a scam, but I think that it was absolutely correct to remove the child until an investigation can be conducted. Whether or not she really received them is irrelevant.

And, when the child said that waxing hurt more than botox, we should have all known that she was lying. Botox hurts!

I retract my statement about removing the child from the home being too much. The child was placed with family members and her "mom" is crazy as hell.

TMZ22_full.jpg

TMZ7_full.jpg

TMZ6_full.jpgBotox_Closeup_Needles_TMZ_0000_Layer_6_full.jpg