Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Biginthebottom

Momma's with little girls

At what age did you pierce their ears? She is 7 months and I truly want to pierce her ears but I’m a little weary. I think it’s because I know she will cry. I even cry when she gets her shots. Her pediatrician does not pierce ears but they recommended Wal-Mart.

DO NOT GO TO WALMART!!!! Go to Claire's!!! I had my girls ears pierced when they were like 6 weeks they cried for like a minute but once you held them and snuggled them they were fine. They say it's better to do it when they are young cause they can't mess with them.

wait and use it as a bargaining chip to stop her from getting a tattoo or something. I would hold all my cards, trust me when I tell you ... you will need all of them. whew!! you got a long hard (but fun)road ahead of you. Good Luck.

DO NOT GO TO WALMART!!!! Go to Claire's!!! I had my girls ears pierced when they were like 6 weeks they cried for like a minute but once you held them and snuggled them they were fine. They say it's better to do it when they are young cause they can't mess with them.

and I have been told that too

I had my girls ears pierced when they were like 6 weeks they cried for like a minute but once you held them and snuggled them they were fine. They say it's better to do it when they are young cause they can't mess with them.

Same here.

wait and use it as a bargaining chip to stop her from getting a tattoo or something. I would hold all my cards, trust me when I tell you ... you will need all of them. whew!! you got a long hard (but fun)road ahead of you. Good Luck.

If she is any thing like me I will be locked into a looney bin by the age of 40. I not sure why mother is not in one :wacko:

I agree

I opted to wait until the princess is old enough to take care of them.

The reason I was concerned about Clair’s was afraid of only teenager’s working there who would mess up the ears. One being lower then the other.

The reason I was concerned about Clair’s was afraid of only teenager’s working there who would mess up the ears. One being lower then the other.

I worked for hot topic (used to be partnered w/ claire's) and can tell you exactly how many minutes they trained me on piercing ears.

"here's the gun. Here's the alcohol. Try to make them even - use this marker."

I'd say about a minute, total.

I waited and used it as a reward for going into Middle School. I went to Claire's and got them done, I don't regret waiting.

I worked for hot topic (used to be partnered w/ claire's) and can tell you exactly how many minutes they trained me on piercing ears.

"here's the gun. Here's the alcohol. Try to make them even - use this marker."

I'd say about a minute, total.

Oh God..

I had my little girls done at 5 months. She cried for maybe 5 seconds and then stopped (every child is different). I took her to walmart and they did a good job. Then again everyone has their opinion. The choice is clearly yours.

Pierced all mine at 4 months old, I kept them cleaned and turned.

No infections, they wore age appropriate earrings when they were little.

They enjoyed wearing jewelry. I enjoyed purchasing it for presents and dressing them up.

I don't think of it as a big deal anymore than frilly dresses and patent leather shoes.

I didn't like the belly button piercing when they got older, but it never lasted with them, too uncomfortable.

I allowed leg shaving as soon as they were self conscious about it.

On the other hand I was a bear about dating, no going together, no going anywhere before 16, the criteria was emotional maturity and young men that could sit down and look us in the eye.

Birth control was openly talked about and encouraged.

The point is, what is and isn't a big deal.

Earrings, and leg shaving is not a big deal.

Dating and tattoos are, they can have lifelong consequences.

Whoa.. Slow down she is seven months. I'll worry about the other stuff later in her life. There will be a time when I wish all that I had to worry about is to or not to pierce her ears. At this point in time I am worried about it. Each milestone in her life is important it depends on the person what is more important

*********************MRS G, HERE************************ (I FORGOT I'M ON HUBBY'S PUTER) 8)

WISE ADVICE!!! My youngest daughter wanted her ears pierced when she was about 7 or 8, I waited and let her decide for herself. Then about age 13 she wanted a second hole in her ears. I refused and when I finally did give in, she had it done and for the life of her, she couldn't get them to clear up, they stayed infected, for about 3 or 4 months soooo......... she just left them alone and let them grow up and haven't thought twice about it since. She had both of her daughters ears pierced when they were young, as in 8-12 wks maybe. :pardon:

Edited by The General

If you want to get them done, there is a salon in Douglasville that does them. Cuts N Us - it's across from the new Douglasville City Hall on Fairburn Road (on the other side of I-20). Ask for Linda, the owner of the salon. She will do them and has been doing them for years, but recommends that you wait until the kids are older because as they grow (and as their ears grow), the placement can become off center. And, she's not expensive. 770.949.5711.

Edited by LisaC

My daughter was 3 yrs old when I got here pierced, I used it as a bargaining chip, she wanted her ears pierced like Mom's & I wanted her potty trained..... I had tried EVERYTHING & I mean EVERYTHING. We went on a 2 week vacation & I told her if she could go 2 weeks without peeing (or anythign else for that matter) in her big girl panties I would have her ears peirced. We landed back home mid day on Sunday & before the mall closed that evening she had her ears peirced. No problems infections etc. I do have a neice that has VERY sensitive ears & has issue after issue with ear rings, with one that small I worry about sensativity & her not being able to tell you.... Good luck with your decision!

Same here.

Me too! They never got infected and by the time they were old enough to realize they were there, it was no big deal to them because they were completely used to them!

And yes, Claires NOT WALMART!!!

We used Claires at about 4-5 months and they got infected. When she was about 2 1/2 she had them done again at Wal Mart and never a single problem! I think it's hit and miss.

My suggestion is to wait. My oldest waited until she was 14 years old. She didn't want them until then. Now she has 2 sets of holes and a pierced nose lol. We did our other daughters when she was really small. It was a nightmare .. never again. I also wanted to add that if you do it .. Walmart isn't any worse than Claires. They have done excellent work with all of my girls. When you come down to it .. it's the people, not the place that matter.

I was 14 when I had mine done. My oldest was 7 or 8, when she asked for them & was ready to take care of them. Youngest was 5 when she asked, kept them for about a year and took them out. She'll be 11 and hasn't asked again. I didn't do it when they were babies because I didn't want them to go through unnecessary pain.. :pardon:

I take my kids when they are five. I make it a girly day for their birthday. They get really excited and start asking for it at around four. We go to claires and they are great

Edited by CarolineElizabeth

mine was about 8. I waited for her to tell me she wanted them. I dread my babies getting their shots for months ahead of time. There is no way I could do it, even if I really wanted to.

I had my daughter's ears pierced at 6 weeks - her doctor did it. When she was 8 months old I went to pick her up from her nap and one earring had come out and was laying in the crib. It scared me because at that age everything was going in her mouth so I took them both out. They grew back together but at age 5 she really wanted them and we had them done again.

Get them done when she wants them done. Make her wait a year from the time she starts begging for them to be pierced. After all if it is that important today it will be important in a year. My daughter started pestering me to get hers done when she was 11, had them done for her birthday when she turned 12.

We got DD's ears pierced when she was 3 months old. I don't regret it for a second.

Baby girls do not get a choice in their name so give them a choice on the ear piercing. Ultimately, it is your choice.:pardon:

• Like 1

I had all 3 of my girls ear piercing done by the owner of Prestige Jewlers, in Hiram. All 3 girls were also done when they were either 4 or 6 months old (can't remember which, but, it was the "age limit" back then).

My girls all LOVE their earrings :wub:

My DD can get hers done when she's 13. I'll hold it over her until then.

I think it's a rite of passage type event into "teenage"hood.

After that, all I have left is driving to hold over her.

She's 4. :lol:

I have recently been wondering this same thing. My baby doll will be four on Wednesday and she wants hers done. My mom made me wait until I was ten (old enough to care for them) and I remember it HURT and took forever to heal (four to six weeks to a ten year old is a lifetime). I wish I had done it for my daughter when she was an infant. Instead of waiting. Now, I guess I'll do it when she's old enough to take care of it...

If you do decide to go for it, let us know how it went and where you went.

At what age did you pierce their ears? She is 7 months and I truly want to pierce her ears but I’m a little weary. I think it’s because I know she will cry. I even cry when she gets her shots. Her pediatrician does not pierce ears but they recommended Wal-Mart.

My daughter had her ears pierced at 3 months. She barely cried. She never bothered them either.

Edited by Rodie445

My daughter will turn 5 in October and will be getting her ears pierced as part of her birthday present.Hubby always said he wanted to wait until she asked to get them done,and she's just started asking.I got mine pierced for my 5th birthday and thought it would be cute to do the same for her!