Paulding.com

Should this board be limited to only folks that live in Paulding County

Should this board be limited to only folks that live in Paulding County  

108 members have voted

1. 1. See Above

• Yes
    • No

I don't think so. When people move away they may still have ties to the community and care about what's happening in Paulding. Also, where else can you participate in such thought provoking conversations without having to reveal your identity?

Answer.

What did I miss? I still come here because I own a house in Paulding. We go where the Navy sends us. With the low cost of houses in GA if I do come back I will buy elsewhere(Cobb or Henry county) and just keep my current house as a rental.

Ok, Should be Work/Lived.

Thoughts - the member I am making a point about seems to think only folks that currently LIVE in the county should post here.

DC - Check out the topic on Obama's BC in the political fourm.

What did I miss? I still come here because I own a house in Paulding. We go where the Navy sends us. With the low cost of houses in GA if I do come back I will buy elsewhere(Cobb or Henry county) and just keep my current house as a rental.

I just moved to DC area myself....I love to see what's going on in Paulding :)

I just moved to DC area myself....I love to see what's going on in Paulding :)

HI neighbor!!! If you get out to NAS PAX let me know. I had a sailor in my office yesterday that is from Cartersville :) And the LT that I work with is from GA. :D

Guest Hi~ho Silver

My guess, probably 40% of posters don't live in Paulding any longer. I have permanently relocated to Savannah but still have a house and family in Paulding. Does that mean more people are leaving Paulding for greener pastures?

Edited by Hi~ho Silver

No! I think it's MARVELOUS that we have a local board where we can keep up with stuff, since there's no other news available around here, and if those who don't live here don't want to read about local stuff, they can skip it. I love having all manner of people on here.

No I think everyone should be allowed to play here until they make the choice to go else were and play. and that is ok also.. (and with that I think I will stop)

Should be no limitations whatsoever to anyone anywhere. This is /suppose to be a free and open message board, to be used by anyone who wants anytime they want. I am glad this board exist for many reasons. I now have many dear friends thanks to pcom, which otherwise I would have never met.

I vote NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, beside I dont live in Paulding anymore, but who knows I might return one day.

I don't live in Paulding or work in Paulding. I live in Cobb County. I am within a mile of the Paulding/Cobb lines, though, and do a LOT of shopping in Hiram and Dallas simply because it is easier to drive to than Marietta/Kennesaw/Acworth. I frequent Sam's Club, JCP, Target, Kohl's, PetSmart, a barber in Dallas, a dentist in Dallas, the Kennestone health facility in Dallas/Hiram, and some others.

Am I unwelcome on this board by some? :(

I don't live in Paulding or work in Paulding. I live in Cobb County. I am within a mile of the Paulding/Cobb lines, though, and do a LOT of shopping in Hiram and Dallas simply because it is easier to drive to than Marietta/Kennesaw/Acworth. I frequent Sam's Club, JCP, Target, Kohl's, PetSmart, a barber in Dallas, a dentist in Dallas, the Kennestone health facility in Dallas/Hiram, and some others.

Precisely the reason why it isn't limited :)

You are very welcome on this board as are all the other members that do not live in Paulding County

no...we :wub: you :)

Thoughts - the member I am making a point about seems to think only folks that currently LIVE in the county should post here.

Somebody hurt your feelings in the political forum? So you posed this question in the forum that most people haven't the first clue about what your talking about. :blink: :wacko:

Edited by gog8tors
  • Like 5

One guess: failed argument, different day. :D

The more the merrier, I say. By the way, there are around 140,000 residents in Paulding County. Natives are probably not a majority. The point of the internet is that people get connected with no boundaries. To quote a familiar advertising phase, "we love ya and we need ya".

Nope.... I moved from Paulding to West Central Minnesota.... the folks up here are mean! If I didn't have PCom nobody would talk to me!!! :drinks:

(it's true!)

• Like 1

Somebody hurt your feelings in the political forum? So you posed this question in the forum that most people haven't the first clue about what your talking about. :blink: :wacko:

I'm asking a pretty simple yes or no question, not much to have a clue about. Just answer it or move on. I will admit that one poster inspired the topic...seems whenever he gets painted into a corner in a debate with me or anyone else that isn't "from" PC he likes to pull that card, so I thought I would see what folks thought - that OK by you?

As for feelings getting hurt, its a 'net message board - anyone who gets their feelings hurt on one needs thicker skin.

• Like 1

I've never lived in PC, but I can literally walk from my house in Cobb into PC without getting out of breath. I do almost all of my shopping in PC. Most of my local friends are in PC.

Why wouldn't a PC board apply equally to me?

Can't we just ignore some of the Paulding inhabitants? It do. The room mom at my youngest boy's school is Church Lady For Real. I ignore her. I also ignore the local radio alk show host who no longer entertains but just whips people into an emotional frenzy.

So no. Anybody should be allowed her but that means we should exercise our right to just not respond to some because it is like talking to a bowl of soup.

• Like 1

Can't we just ignore some of the Paulding inhabitants? It do. The room mom at my youngest boy's school is Church Lady For Real. I ignore her. I also ignore the local radio alk show host who no longer entertains but just whips people into an emotional frenzy.

So no. Anybody should be allowed her but that means we should exercise our right to just not respond to some because it is like talking to a bowl of soup.

Exercise away! :)