Paulding.com

Hazel Estelle Cochran Rakestraw

Hazel Estelle Cochran Rakestraw, age 81, of Hiram, GA, passed away Wednesday, May 11, 2011. She was born in Dallas, GA, October 23, 1929, to the late, Marshall Lafayette Cochran and the late, Addie Bell Carruth Cochran. Mrs. Rakestraw was a homemaker and a member of New Canaan Baptist Church.

Survivors include her husband of 65 years, J. C. Rakestraw; son & daughter-in-law, David & Linda Rakestraw of Dallas, GA; brothers & sisters-in-law, J. T. Cochran of Dallas, GA and Martin & Norma Cochran of Dallas, GA; sister & brother-in-law, Monnie & Billy Rainwater of Dallas, GA; grandchild, Shawn Rakestraw & wife, Cris; great-grandchild, Charley Rakestraw; nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be Saturday, May 14, 2011, at 11:00 AM, from New Canaan Baptist Church, with Reverend Jason Loudermilk officiating. Interment will follow in Paulding Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends at Clark Funeral Home, on Friday, May 13, 2011, from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM.

Clark Funeral Home, Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements.

www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

She was a wonderful lady. Hazel was my grandmother's sister and they were also the best of friends. I have never seen a sweeter couple than Jake and Hazel. They were married 65 years. I know she is and will be terribly missed.

Yep, Jake was devoted to Ms Hazel. And boy oh boy, could she bake some mighty fine cakes! But so can her sister. ;)

She was a wonderful lady. Hazel was my grandmother's sister and they were also the best of friends. I have never seen a sweeter couple than Jake and Hazel. They were married 65 years. I know she is and will be terribly missed.