Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Raider

Anyone watching the Casey Anthony jury selection?

After 3 years the trail is about to start in a few weeks.. if they can get a jury.... they have been showing Jury selection on tru-tv court station... right now the judge is on 119 jury member..

This is a very slow process.... people are not wanting to spend 6 weeks in a hotel room 200 miles away from family.

I read somewhere that TruTV will be showing the rest of jury selection and the trial live.

I'm just not interested in watching her anymore...I've seen way too much already.

I think it will be aired on the tru tv station.. and then of course Nancy Grace will have it on her show at night. I am wondering if Casey will be allowed to testify?

Today is the 3rd day of jury selection.. they have shut the microphones off at the lawyers tables... because Casey's lawyer was heard telling her to stop acting like a 2 year old.

They are having the trail in Orlando said it could take 8 weeks... a lot of these jurors can not do it because of hard ships.

Juror 122 speaks Spanish and he is not sure he can understand all the words... this judge is getting irritated...

I read somewhere that TruTV will be showing the rest of jury selection and the trial live.

I'm just not interested in watching her anymore...I've seen way too much already.

That is what i am watching now...

one juror has Narcolepsy (falls asleep if he sits to long) most of these jurors have vacation plans, and do not won't to be on this duty. the judge is asking for no plans for the next 2 months.. so most of them already had the plans made, tickets bought, etc...

this is gonna take forever..

I'm watching now too. EVERBODY has an excuse. juror 126 feels that missing church will be a hardship on her life. At what point does the court say too bad? I don't know how all this works. Sounds to me like a bunch of made up stories.

Juror saying this will be a hardship on her religion. she is Catholic and attends mass everyday.. Judge said they will make Religion accommodations. not good enough for this juror.

I'm watching now too. EVERBODY has an excuse. juror 126 feels that missing church will be a hardship on her life. At what point does the court say too bad? I don't know how all this works. Sounds to me like a bunch of made up stories.

I know i was just thinking the same thing.. it seems like hardships are popping up every were.. the judge wants to excuse her, but state does not

The Judge just said this will be over by July 14,

This is a very slow process.... people are not wanting to spend 6 weeks in a hotel room 200 miles away from family.

Oh Dear Lord, PICK ME! PICK ME!

• Like 2

Oh Dear Lord, PICK ME! PICK ME!

:rofl: The judge is going out of his way to accommodate these people one lady has to have lab work done for kidney transplant and he told her that they would do the lab work and have it sent to her doctor.

He has even offered to replace baseball tickets for one juror member...

There will be 40 more jurors brought in today for questioning.

Judge said trail would start by May 17, I just do not see that happening...

I wish I could be on that jury!!! They'd never pick me because I have already found her guilty. I read a book about the disappearance of Caley and it just made me sick. Casey Anthony is nothing but pure evil.

I wish I could be on that jury!!! They'd never pick me because I have already found her guilty. I read a book about the disappearance of Caley and it just made me sick. Casey Anthony is nothing but pure evil.

I can not believe they have actually found people that have no knowledge of this case. but they said if OJ can have a jury then casey can to.

There is a lady in Illinois that was called for jury duty and tried to get off because she has tickets to Oprah's last show. The judge said too bad. I wonder what she will be giving away that day.

The judge found one jury member in contempt of court he was talking to a reporter, the judge fined him 450.00 and when ask why did he do it, the guy said he did not won't to be on jury duty. then the judge has suggested going next door to the homeless shelter to get jurors, as long as they have a drivers licenses, the defense wants more minority in the jury.

they have had to excuse a lot because they could not speak english or under stand english very well.

Questing jurors about the knowledge of the case... so far everyone knows something about this case.

Each lawyer on each side is asking about 10 questions a piece... this is gonna take forever

it took over an hour to question one juror this trail will not start on Tuesday as planned no way..

I'm not watching the jury selection bc it WILL take forever. I did hear where an entire pool of 50 potential jurors were dismissed yesterday because they were talking about the case among themselves or one juror was talking about it. (not sure which) I do find it AMAZING that someone could live anywhere in the State of Florida - or the USA for that matter - and NOT have heard of this case or have an opinion on her guilt.

SS yes it is gonna take for ever, they are still on the first juror.. and it has been almost 3 hours... for just that one.... and they have 52 others to question. :unsure:

1 juror member has been selected.. after 4 hours of questioning :unsure:

They did manage to get 2 juror members today.. when it went off at 3... but they were gonna keep going..

The judge has warned the lawyers to not ask the same questions over and over.

Years ago I read a chat log between Casey and a guy that happened shortly before her daughters disappearance. All she cared about was partying and guys. I think she had someone murder that little girl, or did it herself even but she is guilty and I hope the biatch fries.

It has came out that she is gonna try to blame this on her Daddy or Brother.. she is saying that she was abused and molested as a child.. according to her lawyers.. her Daddy has a lawyer..

That is pretty sad since the news has tried her and convicted her with out a jury trial.

I sure would not want to be taken to court down there.

Guilty until proven innocent.... Pretty scary...

And if you think she is guilty then you are forming you opinions without all the facts and just what the news has put out there along with other news shows.

Think about it and you will see that the jury and those that are in the court room day in and day out are the only ones that have the right to say she is guilty or not.

Definitely not someone who has watched the various news shows that put a spin on it for ratings.

That is pretty sad since the news has tried her and convicted her with out a jury trial.

I sure would not want to be taken to court down there.

Guilty until proven innocent.... Pretty scary...

And if you think she is guilty then you are forming you opinions without all the facts and just what the news has put out there along with other news shows.

Think about it and you will see that the jury and those that are in the court room day in and day out are the only ones that have the right to say she is guilty or not.

Definitely not someone who has watched the various news shows that put a spin on it for ratings.

I thought about you when I posted this topic. I am glad to see you.. and as usually when it comes to this case we will just have to agree to disagree... :pardon:

OK, I can agree on that.

Been busy with a lot of things..... good.gif

I thought about you when I posted this topic. I am glad to see you.. and as usually when it comes to this case we will just have to agree to disagree... :pardon:

OK, I can agree on that.

Been busy with a lot of things..... good.gif

well don't be a stranger around here... :D

YIKES!!! What can you ask a person for FOUR HOURS??? Guess I'll have to tune in tomorrow and watch some of the process.

I'm fairly certain that I would make a federal case out of being forced to miss church for jury duty....I may not win it, but I sure as hell would make a whole lot of people uncomfortable. (teehee...I cussed in the same sentence I was talking about chruch in....I win today!)

I'm not watching the jury selection bc it WILL take forever. I did hear where an entire pool of 50 potential jurors were dismissed yesterday because they were talking about the case among themselves or one juror was talking about it. (not sure which) I do find it AMAZING that someone could live anywhere in the State of Florida - or the USA for that matter - and NOT have heard of this case or have an opinion on her guilt.

All I know about the case I read on pcom. I seriously struggled to remember the name from the thread title. I even wondered if it was the SCT killer (Casey is a gender neutral name).

There for awhile I've been wondering what happened to her and this case. Now, that I saw this thread, I had to think who you were referrring to LadyRaider since it been a very long time I heard anything about it. I'm glad it's finally going to court.

she was the little girl who was 2 at the time that was found dead in the woods not far from her mom's house.. with duct tape over her mouth.

she was missing for 31 days before her mom reported her missing.

CayleeAnthony1.jpg

Writing this with tears in my eyes. Seeing that little girl and what she went thru BEFORE her death.

The mother is believable in the sense she says she doesn't know what happened to the baby. She was so wasted and busy getting wasted she lost her to who knows who. Some one may have drugged her to keep her still and quiet in the car while they all partied. JMO Seems as if the mother let her down over and over again. The one person who is suppose to be your protector, left her up for grabs. Who really knows what happened and we may never know what really happened. But GOD knows. yes he does.

I Probably in denial... How on earth could a moma not take care of that precious gift. WOW, do not think I will watch this one. My heart is already broken over this. My brain will not stop thinking about that little girl. Horrible.:(