Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
GeorgiaTornado

Woman shoots knife-wielding intruder in Gwinnett

A Gwinnett County woman shot and killed a home invasion suspect Wednesday morning after the knife-wielding intruder attacked her in the shower, police said.

he incident happened about 6:30 a.m. at a home in the 2800 block of East Mount Tabor Circle.

Gwinnett police Cpl. Edwin Ritter told the AJC that the woman, who is in her late 40s or early 50s, was getting out of the shower when the intruder, who she did not know, turned out the lights and attacked her.

She fell back into the shower, injuring her back, and attempted to fight the man off with the shower rod, Ritter said.

"She was telling him that she has money and please don’t hurt her," Ritter said.

"He forced her into her bedroom," Ritter said. "Once inside the bedroom, she retrieved a .22-caliber pistol and shot him several times."

The suspect, who was in his 20s, collapsed outside the house. He was taken to Gwinnett Medical Center, where he died.

The victim was taken to Duluth Medical Center for treatment of minor injuries, according to Ritter.

He said the woman would not likely be charged in the incident.

AJC

Guest Hi~ho Silver
:clapping: Good for her. We keep a gun hidden in a convenient location that is easily accessible in an emergency. If they ever invade my house, there had better be more than five of them.

Amazing that she was able to get the gun out of the locked box, get the trigger lock off, get the ammo that is suppose to be kept in a separate location, load the gun, and then shot the SOB.

After all that is the way we are suppose to store our guns right? :rolleyes: :nea:

Score another for 2nd Amendment rights. :good:

• Like 1

Good for her!!! I hope she recovers from her injuries quickly.

My brother in law was doing some car repair for a cop and they got to talking and the cop said that it is unbelievable that some people still do not want a gun in the house. The cop said that with what he sees he would never, ever not have a gun in the house. He said that home invasions were on the rise big time.... if someone comes into my house I hope they like the taste of buck shot, that is like getting shot with 9 9mm bullets at one time, no one is gonna survive that.. and if there are more people then my glock 9mm is gonna be back up... and if zombies come out then the AK-47 will come out... :D.. and so on and so forth... any my neighbor across the street is ex-military and he has got my back and I his... your ticket will be up.

Yea for her. I wish her the best. I also want to thank her for the saving of our tax dollars it would have cost for a trial and incarceration of that piece of trash.

Edited by grumps

She should sue the parents for raising such an idiot. Good for her. Sounds like she is a good shot. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

There's only one troubling aspect to this story - The way that all writers conclude a self-defense shooting.

It typically says something like "It is likely that she will not be charged".

I'd rather that it say something like, "Being as how it was self-defense and in her own home, ain't no way in hell this woman would be charged - She's a hero!"

• Like 1

There's only one troubling aspect to this story - The way that all writers conclude a self-defense shooting.

I'd rather that it say something like, "Being as how it was self-defense and in her own home, ain't no way in hell this woman would be charged - She's a hero!"

I agree!!! Good for her. I hate that she had to take a life to save her own, because regardless of the circumstances, I can only imagine how upsetting it must be to kill someone.

However, the intruder should have had his sorry a$$ at work or in school and not trying to rape a rob a woman.

KUDOS TO HER!!! I HAVE A NEW HERO!!!!!!

Edited by momof 3

This is exactly what I was thinking when I read this... Why in the hell would she be charged?

I just saw on WSBTV the news story concerning this. This woman shot this guy 9 times and as far as I'm concerned she should have shot him 10! He has a long criminal past and was continuing on that path until she stopped him.

And the news reporter said at the end of the report, 'And it is likely that she will not be charged in this case'. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! 'It's likely she won't be charged'........How about instead, 'We're making her honorary mayor'. Or even better, 'She absolutely won't be charged'. 'Likely not be charged'????? I'm sorry, that just flew all over me!!!!!

Agree with all. Likely, not charged? Give me a break. He should have said "we'll never get a jury to convict her for anything". Like my Marine bumper sticker says, "When in doubt, empty the magazine." Especially in your own home.

Agree with all. Likely, not charged? Give me a break. He should have said "we'll never get a jury to convict her for anything". Like my Marine bumper sticker says, "When in doubt, empty the magazine." Especially in your own home.

Thats exactly how I was taught to shoot.......don't stop until you hear clicking.

I think that for the reporter, she's just covering her bases in the event that everything is not what it seems.

A more in-depth review of the evidence would need to be done before the woman could be officially cleared.

Any time a criminal preys on a citizen in the US they are gambling on the chances that the victim is not carrying a firearm. Well this low life took his chances and paid with his life. I feel no sympathy for him what so ever, he took those chances. This woman defended herself and saved the taxpayers a lot of money, foregoing a trial, jail time ( which would have been short anyway) and then his release back into public so he could do it again. Good riddance.

Any time a criminal preys on a citizen in the US they are gambling on the chances that the victim is not carrying a firearm. Well this low life took his chances and paid with his life. I feel no sympathy for him what so ever, he took those chances. This woman defended herself and saved the taxpayers a lot of money, foregoing a trial, jail time ( which would have been short anyway) and then his release back into public so he could do it again. Good riddance.

:clapping:

Good Lord please help this woman heal. Comfort her as she goes back home and has to relive this awful thing everytime she goes into the room... In her own home. Scum bag got what her deserved. Poor woman, thankfully he got the worse of it.

I just saw on WSBTV the news story concerning this. This woman shot this guy 9 times and as far as I'm concerned she should have shot him 10! He has a long criminal past and was continuing on that path until she stopped him.

And the news reporter said at the end of the report, 'And it is likely that she will not be charged in this case'. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! 'It's likely she won't be charged'........How about instead, 'We're making her honorary mayor'. Or even better, 'She absolutely won't be charged'. 'Likely not be charged'????? I'm sorry, that just flew all over me!!!!!

probably a 9 shot revolver and she pulled the trigger until it clicked. what I like is, heard she hit him with all the shots. I call that excellent shooting under the circumstances.

probably a 9 shot revolver and she pulled the trigger until it clicked. what I like is, heard she hit him with all the shots. I call that excellent shooting under the circumstances.

That's what we call Gun Control around here. ;)

Guest Hi~ho Silver

Thats exactly how I was taught to shoot.......don't stop until you hear clicking.

When you hear clicking, that just means it's time to reload. A speedloader makes the process faster.

Have you guys been reading the AJC this week. Every day there is a new story about home invasion... kinda scary. I'm gonna go live in the woods where it's safer, lol....

:clapping: :drinks:

Good for her, one less predatory piece of crap on this planet!