Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
MillCreek

GOP's Gingrich running for president

I think PIBO will be re-elected. HOWEVER... I believe he will get less than 50% of the vote but the remainder will be split between ath GOP candidate and other challengers. So He will get re-elected with less than 50% of the popula vote. It really is too bad that the Federal elections are not like those here in Georgia, requiring that the candidate gets more than 50% in order to be elected. I think that would give independant / 3rd party voters a better chance to win becuse people would have a chance to revote in a runoff should their first choice not play out.

What's really too bad is that anything right of far left can't produce a viable candidate.

I too believe PBO will serve two terms. And I also believe it will be primarily because there will be no acceptable, viable, less-than-left candidate.

Winning by default is still winning.

It's just conversation, though! People take positions and they shouldn't be surprised to know that others may have different opinions - Especially when their opinions are formed from ignorance.

Well, if you ever decide to ride my ass, Ima gonna make you pull my hair!

:rofl:

Night all.

Night all.

:lol:

Pony Play!!

You know very well that when the Democrats controlled all three branches of the government they pushed what they wanted through. The people and what they really needed or wanted did not matter. They did not care about the budget and passing one AT ALL! Spout that garbage with the misinformed! they might buy it.dry.gif

Surely you're kidding...the ONLY thing that they rammed through was a chopped up (thanks to trying to compromise) healthcare bill. The GOP senate set a record for filibusters. A record number of appointments aren't even getting confirmation hearings due to GOP obstruction.

I think that the Republicans were not ready for the whole Tea Party movement and the amount of backlash that the Obama presidency would create. I think that given the way that Bush went out and the way that he tarnished the Republican brand, the power players in the party had already conceded 2012 back in '08 and did not bother grooming anyone that could seriously challenge Obama. Now they're stuck dealing with a favorable electorate and no candidate to take advantage of it.

mrnn

Surely you're kidding...the ONLY thing that they rammed through was a chopped up (thanks to trying to compromise) healthcare bill. The GOP senate set a record for filibusters. A record number of appointments aren't even getting confirmation hearings due to GOP obstruction.

I think that the Republicans were not ready for the whole Tea Party movement and the amount of backlash that the Obama presidency would create. I think that given the way that Bush went out and the way that he tarnished the Republican brand, the power players in the party had already conceded 2012 back in '08 and did not bother grooming anyone that could seriously challenge Obama. Now they're stuck dealing with a favorable electorate and no candidate to take advantage of it.

mrnn

Mitch McConnell (R-KY) spilled the beans long ago. He said that their number one job was to win the Presidency back in 2012. Their strategy, curiously, was not to win the Presidency by Republicans doing a good job, but by doing a bad one so that the President wouldn't get any credit. The talking heads pretty much summed it up similarly. The plan was to thwart Obama at every turn, presenting an unfavorable, unstable climate which would (however inaccurate) point to his presidency and what they would call his "lack of leadership".

The plan has been a dismal failure. Republicans are seen as the party of no, obstructionists, favorable to millioinaires instead of regular folk, intent on removing old-age safety nets, corrupt, in bed with big oil at the expense of our country's best intrests, having absolutely no new ideas for dealing with difficult issues, and being unable to produce a single viable candidate for the foreseeable future. I guess it should be no real surprise that they can't produce a candidate, given their previously-described identity crisis.

• Like 1

What's really too bad is that anything right of far left can't produce a viable candidate.

I too believe PBO will serve two terms. And I also believe it will be primarily because there will be no acceptable, viable, less-than-left candidate.

Winning by default is still winning.

:sigh: Very astute my dear. Depressing, but astute. :sigh:

Night all.

Somehow, I think I missed a few posts of this conversation. :blink: :blink: :D :D :D

Mitch McConnell (R-KY) spilled the beans long ago. He said that their number one job was to win the Presidency back in 2012. Their strategy, curiously, was not to win the Presidency by Republicans doing a good job, but by doing a bad one so that the President wouldn't get any credit. The talking heads pretty much summed it up similarly. The plan was to thwart Obama at every turn, presenting an unfavorable, unstable climate which would (however inaccurate) point to his presidency and what they would call his "lack of leadership".

The plan has been a dismal failure. Republicans are seen as the party of no, obstructionists, favorable to millioinaires instead of regular folk, intent on removing old-age safety nets, corrupt, in bed with big oil at the expense of our country's best intrests, having absolutely no new ideas for dealing with difficult issues, and being unable to produce a single viable candidate for the foreseeable future. I guess it should be no real surprise that they can't produce a candidate, given their previously-described identity crisis.

:good: :good: :rofl: :rofl: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Night all.

Oh dear Lawd :rofl: or you could trun in to that SAWG :rofl:

NJ can handle herself in a debate. Especially when the opponent is more engaged by slinging insults than actually debating.

It must be such a burden, knowing it all. :rolleyes:

Thank you.:wub: I do love a debate. I might have stuck around if the poster in question was really interested in a debate with me. You my friend are a debater worth sticking around for.

I think people are mostly in the middle; but conservative on some issues and maybe liberal on other issues. Newt is out of touch if he thinks he can win a national election. Maybe it is all about shaping the Republican platform. Looking for an election win or a seat at the table?

I think people are mostly in the middle; but conservative on some issues and maybe liberal on other issues. Newt is out of touch if he thinks he can win a national election. Maybe it is all about shaping the Republican platform. Looking for an election win or a seat at the table?

welcome to pcom.. there is a political forum on here in case you like to debate... password is ON

warning though it gets ugly in there LOL

http://paulding.com/forum/index.php/forum/86-political-discussion/

Dang it. I got all excited because I thought it said "GingREY". dry.gif

Just Newt. Meh.

I imagine that most people are similarly unexcited about "just Newt".

Nothing against newts in general, which are slimy creepy-crawly things that show their tail because if they lose it, they'll just grow another one again and act like it never happened.

Which is actually what we need, but I don't think he's serious about running...I think he's just messin' with everybody. But I wouldn't rule him out personally, esp. if it came down to some of the soggy-cucumber-and-mayonnaise-sammich GOP establishment honchos (Romney, Pawlenty, et al) v. him.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: good one... got my laugh for today. thank you

I think Obama would have to REALLY mess something up not to get elected. While I agree that Cain is the best shot for the repubs they most likely aren't smart enough to nominate him. The other issue is he isn't considered "black enough" to get the minority vote from what I have read.

Not sure about the folks with personal debt being any more screwed then the rest of us. I can easily see Obama creating some sort of bill to "erase" credit card debt. His thought process being that it will free up more money for folks to spend and improve the economy. Yeah, actually I can see him being stupid enough to think this.

Not "black enough"?? Are you kidding me?? His grandfather was a sharecropper...............his mother cleaned houses, his father was a chauffer.......he received a BA from Morehouse College. He was raised in the South during the civil rights movement..............I think someone is spinning that. Just because he doesn't cry, poor me, the world owes me this because of the color of my skin. :blink:

It's very refreshing to see someone stand on their experience and share their background info, than someone that won't even let anyone see his college transcripts. I'd be willing to bet Herman Cain's college transcripts are available for viewing.

• Like 1

Is Cain a black man? never heard of him. Two black men running for president. WOW. we come a long way.

Those backward racists will drop dead. lol Good riddance!

Edited by MJF

Not "black enough"?? Are you kidding me?? His grandfather was a sharecropper...............his mother cleaned houses, his father was a chauffer.......he received a BA from Morehouse College. He was raised in the South during the civil rights movement..............I think someone is spinning that. Just because he doesn't cry, poor me, the world owes me this because of the color of my skin. :blink:

It's very refreshing to see someone stand on their experience and share their background info, than someone that won't even let anyone see his college transcripts. I'd be willing to bet Herman Cain's college transcripts are available for viewing.

He's not black enough as in he's not a Democrat.

Most Black people really depend on the democraps to take care of them.

I won't even go into what Boortz calls it.

I really, really wish Herman could gain momentum. It's not about the color of the skin, it's about policy and where he would take us as a country.

• Like 1

Guest Hi~ho Silver

I've heard enough about Newt now, he won't be getting my vote.