Paulding.com

Hiram Chiropractor charged in $264,000 identity theft fraud

Pubby can you explain how this was done?

I know that you can set up automatic draws on checking accounts and credit cards for various services such as gym memberships.

Was this how he did this?

No chit :angry2:

I am a little sensitive about my this, my husband is a chiro and we have had to deal with a lot grief, if a MD. does not help someone, people to take it in stride and go to another Dr.

If a chiro can't or doesn't help someone then they are all considered bad.

I get really upset about these types of things, it's not enough that we deal with that issue, but now ripping people off one more strike against them in the eyes of the public.

When Dr.s get caught ripping off medicare it is the doctor, when chiros do it they all have to share the bad rap.

Where was his office? It shows lake road just off Macland but I can't picture on there, that is mostly Hardy land.

lake rd comes out at the Race trac or Qt across from where Sonny's was on 278

I see where it is now, the maps link on their site was off.

LPPT:

You asked how this was done?

By characterizing it as 'identity theft' ... the SO is essentially suggesting that the man obtained on his patient records, information such as the customers social, their name, address, age, family history etc. Armed with that info, he would apply for a credit card or whatever in their name. He would then run the card as if he were rendering service.

The key thing you may have missed is that he was originating the credit in his customers name as 'their accounts' although the patients presumably knew nothing of these accounts or the charges he made against them (presumably for services (never) rendered).

pubby

I am a little sensitive about my this, my husband is a chiro and we have had to deal with a lot grief, if a MD. does not help someone, people to take it in stride and go to another Dr.

I get really upset about these types of things, it's not enough that we deal with that issue, but now ripping people off one more strike against them in the eyes of the public.

When Dr.s get caught ripping off medicare it is the doctor, when chiros do it they all have to share the bad rap.

I agree. this kind of crime is not only stupid it is damaging to the profession.

Very damaging, but it happens in all professions. We would not have the time or space to list all of the MD's with similar issues.

I am not at all defending any type of behavior, BUT this very well could have been done by an employee without his knowledge, and by GA law he takes the fall.

Doctors have a large liability and and even larger responsibility to protect patients.

As an Extension Faculty for Life university and Board Member of the Georgia Council of Chiropractic I am saddened for my profession. One bad MD would not cause you to never use an MD, and I hope the same would be true for your Chiropractic care.

Holy Smokes! You mean you guys feel the same "slap in the face" when another chiropractor is arrested as we do when another police officer is arrested? :o

Well, I know exactly how you feel. However, if it makes you feel any better, I am not going to stop using or providing law enforcement services anytime a "bad apple" is identified just like I am not going to quit going to the chiropractor anytime soon! :good:

Holy Smokes! You mean you guys feel the same "slap in the face" when another chiropractor is arrested as we do when another police officer is arrested? :o

Well, I know exactly how you feel. However, if it makes you feel any better, I am not going to stop using or providing law enforcement services anytime a "bad apple" is identified just like I am not going to quit going to the chiropractor anytime soon! :good:

I think lawyers get the same type of bad rap as ambulance chasers, we have very professional officers in this county, and nice also, everyone I have come in contact has been polite, friendly and helpful.

There is bad in all walks of life, it is just a little more painful when people are in a position you feel you should be able to trust.

I have taught my children to respect and trust LE and I am sure many patients trusted this Dr. he let so many down :(

Didn't I tell y'all about the very first time I went to the chiro 10 years ago & he said I needed to be naked for the adjustment?? How the hell was I supposed to know?? Oh well, I was adjusted naked. And this chiro was in hiram but has since packed up & left...

Why can't I see which doctor this is?

You have to have flash enabled on your computer. If you use an Iphone or other Apple product, apparently Steve Jobs thinks you shouldn't be able to see it. Don't know whether it is, as he suggests, 'a bad experience' for his minions or whether Adobe just didn't jump through every hoop that Jobs dictated.

Whatever, flash, which had the highest installed rate of any multimedia software back about 14 months ago, is blocked from the latests 'i'job stuff.

pubby

This is just so sad. I was a patient for about a year. I though he was a very good doctor and a good christian person. I am in shock, I guess one never knows. The comment that was made that it could have been a staff memeber, I can only say I hope that is the case, but don't think it is if he has been charged. So sad for his family... his 3 sweet young boys! I just can't figure out what drives people to do things like this.....

When I had to have some dental work done and they wanted to be paid right then they suggest care credit. They even called it in and set it up for me, but I was right there and I see all the bills that get charged to it. Nothing has ever happened with it or I would see it immediately. That is what it sounds like happened here. They applied for the credit for the patient and the patients weren't keeping track of the bills. :pardon:

I won't either! I wish some folks did not blame everyone in a profession when things like this happen. Do you how many lawyer jokes are out there? That profession really gets a bad rap. . This is one person and he has not been convicted. We should hold the individual who did this accountable and leave the profession out of it. JMO

I think lawyers get the same type of bad rap as ambulance chasers, we have very professional officers in this county, and nice also, everyone I have come in contact has been polite, friendly and helpful.

There is bad in all walks of life, it is just a little more painful when people are in a position you feel you should be able to trust.

I have taught my children to respect and trust LE and I am sure many patients trusted this Dr. he let so many down :(

Maybe your hubby will pick up some of this idiots patients. I've been to your hubby and he is a very kind man and an excellent Chiro!

People just never cease to amaze me. Being a victim of fraud/theft last year to the tune of over $9,000 I know how violated these patients feel.