Paulding.com

dispatch used "severed" but I could not think how to spell it as I was typing - so I used "cut off"

the units were advised that the finger was on ice, so I am taking that this was a true loss of a finger

I only caught light traffic from the Clark unit arriving on scene - nothing further. I am in NE corner of county and do not always pick up transmissions of units further south.

dispatch used "severed" but I could not think how to spell it as I was typing - so I used "cut off"

the units were advised that the finger was on ice, so I am taking that this was a true loss of a finger

I only caught light traffic from the Clark unit arriving on scene - nothing further. I am in NE corner of county and do not always pick up transmissions of units further south.

:( poor little guy

makes you wonder what a 9yo is playing with at school that will cut off a finger. i heard it on the scanner as well and really been racking my brain on this. only thing i can think of is a paper cutter. ooch!

i hope they can put it all back together and she/he be able to use it with out any problems.

makes you wonder what a 9yo is playing with at school that will cut off a finger. i heard it on the scanner as well and really been racking my brain on this. only thing i can think of is a paper cutter. ooch!

i hope they can put it all back together and she/he be able to use it with out any problems.

Might have been some playground equipment too. Maybe the sharp edge of a slide or something. Prayers that the child will be okay.

I was there earlier with a friend picking up her son. We saw Clark, Rescue and a firetruck there when we pulled up. Strange thing is that we saw them bring them load up before they left and they had no one in the truck. Maybe Mom came and took him to the hospital.

I hope he is ok.

My twin sister had to tip (first joint and up) of her middle finger cut off when we were 8. She opened the front door to the house, the wind was so strong it slammed it shut. Put finger on ice and they still were not able to reattach it. But somehow another finger nail grew back. It doesn't look completely normal but you wouldn't know it unless you knew about it. 2 weeks after that happened my mom cut off one of her fingers in the car door. :blink:

Edited by melnsid