Paulding.com

8 year old with a big heart

My 8 year old daughter is such a compassionate child. She really wants to make some money to donate to a childrrns hospital. Does anyone have any ideas on ways she could raise money to do this. I have thought.about her having a little yardsale or doing a lemonade sweet tea stand at the top of our street. Any better ideas?

Perhaps you could speak to your local Kroger/Food Lion/Publix to see if they would let her set up at the door area. I've found that if you go to Sam's and buy a box of Blow-Pops, sell them for a quarter each, and you will make some money. Used it for my kid's camp fundraiser @ work.

How very sweet.

Is she crafty?

She can make jewelry or art work and sell them at one of the upcoming craft shows,.

While I love the lemonade stand idea it seems that too many local agencies are making it hard for kids to do that type of thing. (remember the Villa Rica Girl Scout problem)

If she were to do a craft sale she could get pictures of some of the children in the local children's hospital and maybe tell a little story about each one of them so that it is more personal.

Let me know what she decides and I will do what I can.

In the last 3 years I have personally known 6 children who had an extensive stay at Scottish Rite so this means a lot.

My 8 year old daughter is such a compassionate child. She really wants to make some money to donate to a childrrns hospital. Does anyone have any ideas on ways she could raise money to do this. I have thought.about her having a little yardsale or doing a lemonade sweet tea stand at the top of our street. Any better ideas?

She sounds like a wonderful daughter... let us know what she decides to do.. so we can help her out with it.

WOW! I am so excited. I cannot wait to make "Jared boxes" with my 4 year old son and deliver them. Thank you for sharing this. What a wonderful idea.

Glad I could help :) I did this for 2 years with my kids and they really enjoyed it. They had fun picking things out for the boxes. It was real to them because they could actually have a part in it.

When I was that age I made fire jars to raise money for a scooter. You can buy salt & chalk cheap at the dollar store and use the chalk to color the salt. If you know any one with a baby, ask for their baby food jars. Pour the colored chalk into the jar, layering different colors! These are great to keep by the stove since salt puts out grease fires!

my special needs son spends alot of time there. we were there in december, for back surgery. that she is wanting to do this really touches my heart. it made me cry. she is a wonderful young lady. we might have to be back this summer for surgery again. i know they are in need of childrens books and movies. because when we were there they hardly had any. i just donated some books and movies. tell this wonderful young lady thank you so much.

she could tell her classmates and school what she is doing and collect change from her classmates.